“Our oasis in the rice paddies”
other travellers have booked this property
Inside Living Room Inside Living Room
Private Plunge Pool
Lower Bedroom with Twin Plus Bed
Gazebo with Views
Water Fountain and Small Pond
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
touringmu...
Brisbane
“Our oasis in the rice paddies”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

My husband and I and our 17yo son have just stayed 4 nights in the house and so wish it was longer.
From the first question I asked prior to booking till when we departed nothing was too much trouble for Barbara or her staff, Pia Ketut and the lovely pool man but I am so sorry I have forgotten his name.
We were made extremely welcome from the moment we arrived, Pia made several recommendations for places to eat and also for the spa which we all enjoyed.
It is a little walk from the main road however is well worth it. Would suggest if you are not able bodied this property would not be for you and probably wouldnt suit families with little kids but older children would be fine. The 2nd bedroom is an alcove really only big enough for 1 person.
We ate at several of the warungs close by and enjoyed the food at each, also visited the local yoga studio a couple of times which was really relaxing.
The breakfasts made fresh every morning were complete with Pia's home-made jams and bread, Pia also gave us a bag of cookies to take when we left which were awesome.
I was a little concerned about not having aircon but we found the house to be quite cool, and there are several fans which was enough, one night we found it quite cool.
Overall we loved the house and its location and would love to come back and stay a week or two or four :)

Barbjimsa...
Brisbane, Australia
“Perfect Paradise”
Reviewed 8 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013
people found this review helpful

My husband and I have been traveling around the world all year and decided to end our journey, celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and my husband turning 50, with a stop over in Bali. Staying 10 nights at Hyacinth House has been a perfect way to celebrate all these milestones in our life. From the moment the wonderfully clever Pia meet us at the Bintang Supermarket and we started our walk up through the gorgeous village along a peaceful path, we knew that we were indeed in for a treat, and we were not disappointed! The house is perfect, the pool is perfect, the neighbourhood with its fabulous restaurants is perfect, the beautiful Dayu(who arrived everyday to spoil us) is perfect....I think Anyone who is reading this gets the idea. Barbara and Henry are just so lovely and friendly and have provided a beautiful piece of heaven for others to enjoy. We didn't feel the need to head into busy Ubud as all that we needed was right at our doorstep. We visited the Putri Bali Spa every second day and enjoyed the magical hands of the beautiful Balinese young people who work there. We ate locally every night but did venture up along the ridge walk one day...also a must.
We were horrified to read the very negative and NOT at all true comment made by a French visitor to the house recently. Like I said, we have been travelling all year, visiting 19 countries and staying in many types of accommodation, this is right up there with our favourites. Negative people do not belong in such a peaceful piece of paradise, so if you are contemplating coming to Ubud and staying at Hyacinth House, do yourself a favour and stay....we have loved it here. Thank you Henry, Barbara, Pia, Dayu, the gardener, the poolman who is so sweet, the beautiful lady who brings the offerings and of course the lady at the wine shop for selling delicious cold Bali wine.

Armidale NSW Australia

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Bangkok
Reviewed 26 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing