Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Fun, relaxing and personalized!

I had plans to do it on my own, and the communication with Nyoman (or with his son) was very clear... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Jacqueline R
Bali art! Create your own...

Spent a relaxing 3 hours creating my own piece of art. For someone who can’t draw I was so excited... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

from US$ 59.25
from US$ 30.00
from US$ 44.00
More Info
All reviews whole process patient teacher wonderful teacher amazing artist step by step private lesson welcoming family art form amazing morning finished product spend an afternoon authentic experience whole family his brother take your time couple of hours visiting bali
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Nyoman is an excellent teacher explaining every step in the process and offering hints along the way to make the student feel successful.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

We had an incredible day learning the art of batik making with Nyoman and his son! What a relaxing thing to do!! We came with an idea of what we wanted and Nyoman sketched it out on the canvas. We then used the wax tool to outline our designs. We added many colours and blocked with wax and the end result was amazing! Thank you so much for taking the time to teach us!

1  Thank Kbon1973
Reviewed 14 March 2018

One of my goals while visiting Bali was to take a batik class, i checked places that offer such a class and based on reviews choose to take I Nyoman Warta Batik Class and it was such a right choise for me and my 7-year-old daughter!!!

I liked homestyle and relaxed atmosphere of the place with cheeks wondering around and crowing rusters and I was pleased to meet the Artist and his family. We are beginners and the Master was helpful and patient. We were encouraged to take our time and not to hurry. It was so interesting to learn from Nyoman Warta! The class took 3 hours. At the end my daughter said she enjoyed it a lot and was ready to spend 3 more hours there!!!

Recomendation
I am a beginner and i am learning to draw so it was difficult for me to draw what i wanted so i asked the Master to help me. I just described what i would like to see on my picture and he sketched it very close to what i imagined. But it can be helpful to find a similar picture in advance and bring it or check books for inspiring pictures because i couldn't find anything for myseld in the books provided on the spot.

Definitelly i would like to come back and planning to do so, hope to have time for a small course.

1  Thank NatalliaIvaniukovich
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I’m so happy that I had this wonderful experience during my staying in Ubud. The host and his son were very helpful and explained in details the techniques. It wasn’t as difficult as it had seemed before the class. I was enjoying the process. They helped me to draw the sketch and gave some good advice how to make my work more interesting. I would love to come back there to make bigger and more difficult work.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Incredibly entertaining, enjoyable and accommodating. I came alone and went through all the steps of making a batik! The process is fun and a great learning experience! Nyoman is a very talented artist and has an array of acrylics as well. I definitely recommend this course to anyone, no experience needed!