“Amazing experience & Wonderful Nyoman family :D”

I Nyoman Warta Batik Class
Ranked #9 of 68 Classes & Workshops in Ubud
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Nyoman is a leading batik artist based in Padang Tegal Kaja in Ubud, Bali. Batik classes are available for groups and individuals. Make a simple batik (3 colours), Learn all basic techniques, Become confident about them, and Explore Tradisional styles!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

It was one of my most memorable experiences I had in Ubud during my visit. The Batik painting is a bit complex, but Nyoman, the teacher, and his family helped me enjoy every step from the beginning to the end. Nyoman explained the process in detail, and was very thoughtful/considerate throughout the painting. The next day, Wayan (Mr. Nyoman's son) and I went to visit Besakih, and I wouldn't want to ask for a tour from anyone else but Wayan, the best tour driver/friend in Ubud :) I was so lucky to experience Batik painting with the Nyoman family. Thank you so much!

1  Thank gaeulk2018
"rainy day"
"whole family"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nyoman is an excellent teacher explaining every step in the process and offering hints along the way to make the student feel successful.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had an incredible day learning the art of batik making with Nyoman and his son! What a relaxing thing to do!! We came with an idea of what we wanted and Nyoman sketched it out on the canvas. We then used the wax tool to outline our designs. We added many colours and blocked with wax and the end result was amazing! Thank you so much for taking the time to teach us!

1  Thank Kbon1973
Reviewed 14 March 2018

One of my goals while visiting Bali was to take a batik class, i checked places that offer such a class and based on reviews choose to take I Nyoman Warta Batik Class and it was such a right choise for me and my 7-year-old daughter!!!

I liked homestyle and relaxed atmosphere of the place with cheeks wondering around and crowing rusters and I was pleased to meet the Artist and his family. We are beginners and the Master was helpful and patient. We were encouraged to take our time and not to hurry. It was so interesting to learn from Nyoman Warta! The class took 3 hours. At the end my daughter said she enjoyed it a lot and was ready to spend 3 more hours there!!!

Recomendation
I am a beginner and i am learning to draw so it was difficult for me to draw what i wanted so i asked the Master to help me. I just described what i would like to see on my picture and he sketched it very close to what i imagined. But it can be helpful to find a similar picture in advance and bring it or check books for inspiring pictures because i couldn't find anything for myseld in the books provided on the spot.

Definitelly i would like to come back and planning to do so, hope to have time for a small course.

1  Thank NatalliaIvaniukovich