Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$95
Trip.com$96
Agoda.com$86
Orbitz.com$113
Destinia.com$105
eDreams$86
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 March 2020

We had booked our stay at the but unfortunately due to health reasons we had to cancel our trip. We forgot to cancel our booking and subsequently requested the hotel either to refund our booking or charge us for the first night as retention and not the full length of the stay. We also provided them with the relevant medical bills / certificates. The hotel staff displayed extreme levels of in-flexibility and answered our emails and phone calls with a very high degree of rudeness, especially the front office manager - Bruno. Our booking was in December 2019, pretty much the peak season and all hotels were overbooked so it would not have been difficult for them to accommodate our request. However, we were simply taken aback by their rudeness. While we understand we missed out cancelling the booking by the deadline and it is upto the hotel to agree to the refund or not, there is a way of communicating the same to customers. We have travelled all but needless to say we were taken aback by the rudeness displayed by the hotel and its front office staff. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Regards, Navneet

Date of stay: December 2019
Bruno B, Propriétaire at Mathis Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2020

Mister Navneet, I’m very surprised of your post as I told you several times by mail and by phone that the rate you booked was a non refundable rate, so as its name mentions it cannot be refunded, moreover you not book directly with us but by one of the online travel agent who has their own policy as well.
We are not taking the decision but the agent and they were not agreed to refund, This is why you have the choice to book also Normal Rates if you want to be able to cancell in last minute.
You forget to mention that I proposed to you to postpone your stay with no extra charge, option that you refuse and I tried to help you as you paid by credit card you have an insurance covering these issues – once again you refuse to use it, may be because you had no official document prooving your health issue.
I was really not rude, but please also reminder that you send me more than 5 mails, pushing me to change the decision (which was not from me but from your online agent) threatening to kill us by destructive post on this website if I don’t accept it – Finally and to remind you as well, you called me more than 15 times even Saturday evening till midnight to put more pressure on us…Not sure it’s a fair way – I feel it as very rude way as well….
So please in the future if you take a non refundable rate, be ready to got these issues and to avoid it I can just advice you to book directly with the hotel and normal rates – always little bit more expansive but easy to cancel in last minute. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed 16 February 2020

In october 2019 , we decided to go and see by ourself this Island we where hearing so many excellent comments.
As we don’t like to organize too much our stays, we followed an excellent advise from a friend.
We contacted the Mathis collection which is a resort with 3 different locations on the Island. Villa Mathys in Umala, Mathis retreat at Ubud and Mathis Lodge in Amed for a total of 13 nights in Bali.
Our trip was amazing , everything was very well organised, we could have every informations upon our arrival in those 3 different hotels . Organising the day before what we were going to do the next day . This is a great advantage as there are son many things to see but also the need of relaxing some times .
Villa Mathys: Definitely the first place where you have to enter Bali. The villas are extremely charming . This is actually a Paradise.
Mathis retreat in Ubud: excellent location to visit all the surroundings. Karin was there to help us making the right choice for the excursions. The restaurant of the hotel is great with a vue on the rice plantations and some nice white ducks walking along.
Mathis Lodge in Amed: exceptional place isolated in the hills whith a view on the Ovean and a Jacusszzi in the room !!
The restaurant offered amazing italian dishes (and others) that Santos , the Manager always ready to make you feel well, teached to his local employees.
We left there afte 4 days off diving and relaxing . Direct to the airport.
Well We had a perfect trip !!

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank Seghers E
Reviewed 9 February 2020 via mobile

I stayed at Mathis Retreat before it changed hands (and names), and I’ve been back a couple of times since to eat at Terracotta, the restaurant. It’s a beautiful place, in a sublime setting, with lovely staff. Very relaxing.

This time I stayed in the new block. Mostly perfect - just a couple of things I think could be improved: when I asked for an iron, that’s all I was given. No board. Bit of a pain! Also one of the light switches in the bathroom didn’t function - all the lights operated on one switch. So no mood lighting if you want a relaxing bath - it’s way too bright!

The local cat is lovely, and enjoying sitting in our chairs on the terrace. I’m hopelessly allergic to cats, so this meant I had to avoid them. No one’s fault - just one of those things.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2020

Very cozy atmosphere and great place for relaxing, chilling. Not in a city center, but quite close to it, location is very convenient overall.
Staff is well trained and disciplined, always ready to serve you and help.
Good restaurant and breakfast menu, and top quality of food.
Very beautiful surrounding, and landscape, hotel is very well designed.
If you drive bike, it's possible to rent from hotel and quality of bike was very good (rare for Bali). Good wifi on whole hotel territory.

Reviewed 30 December 2019

the rooms are worthy of a 5 star hotel. We spent a week in this magnificent setting. We get up in the morning with a great view and a great breakfast. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The swimming pool facing the rice fields will allow you to relax after your day of visiting or shopping in Ubud. The bedding and cleanliness of the hotel are impeccable. We recommend this hotel without reservations. !!!

2  Thank MayaL704