1,347 results
All reviewspool villamonkey forestafternoon tearice paddyrose petalsapple tvwelcome homeart gallerysunken bathother resortssuite roomlittle touchesthe hustle and bustleour honeymoonwonderful staythe main streetbusy ubud
Reviewed 29 August 2012

What a treat is Komaneka Monkey Forest! We already know Ubud quite well and decided to stay in the centre for three days; heaven! The staff is ever so friendly and gives you a warm welcome every time you arrive 'home'. It's very secluded so I slept like a rock in the wonderfull and romantic bed. The interior of the room was gorgeous and we were welcomed with fresh fruit and flowers and lovely bags with bathsalt. In the mornings when we opened the bed curtains and opened the doors our view was breathtaking; ricefields in the Bali-morning. The way this resort is set up is so special because it was built with respect for nature and it shows; every blink of an eye is a picture in itself ! Take a rest by the quiet pool in the afternoon sun to be woken up with your afternoon-tea with lovely snacks; Komaneka spoils you! Breakfast in the morning on your terrace with smiles all around you. Tip; rent a mountainbike and explore the surrounding villages of Ubud. Have a lovely diner or lunch at Tutmak Cafe just around the corner. This all may sound exaggerated, I assure you; it's not ! If you are looking for a treat, a few romantic days; this is the place; thank you Komaneka-family!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ros1963
Reviewed 24 August 2012

The location of Komaneka is fabulous. Right off Monkey Forest Road in Ubud, but set back from the road so it is so quiet and tranquil beyond the walls.
The service was beyond compare.
I was ill for the first few days in Ubud (through no fault of Komaneka - we had been staying in Seminyak the week before) and they looked after me so well. Arranged a doctor, sent me get well cards signed by the staff, sent food that was recommended by the doctor to our room and arranged service to the room until I was well. When I was better, I got such an amazing reception by each and every staff member I saw saying they were so happy that I was well. Could not fault!

After all this drama the rest of our stay was fabulous. The "rooms" are like little villas or chalets making it feel very private. The breakfasts were amazing with loads of choice and service expectional. Afternoon tea was offered by the pool and was complimentary which was a nice touch.

The room itself was a little small and dark but had everything you need and we hardly spend time there anyway (except when I was sick), not that there was anything wrong with it but we had just spend time in a new and spacious hotel in Seminyak so the contrast was obvious. Our room had a view onto a neighbouring rice field which was sooooo nice.

We ate dinner in the restaurant one night which was delicious and the presentation was so creative.

We had a couples massage at the spa which was one of the best treatments I have ever had.

So all around I would definately stay at Komaneka again and would highly recommend others to stay there too.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room our room was downstairs and from time to time the dragging of furniture across the floor upstairs was annoying.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Salyna D
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We stayed for 14 nights at Komaneka Monkey Forest and it was a wonderful experience.
The staff is super friendly and they do everything to make it a pleasant stay.
The rooms are beautiful and spacious.
The breakfast is very good and you have plenty of choice. The breakfast is a la carte and varies from an American breakfast till a traditional Balinese breakfast.

The spa treatments are great and the service and location of the spa is very nice. Also here: extremely friendly staff.

We joined the traditonal dance/bbq night which they organized and also this was really value for money.

We also stayed a couple of nights at Komaneka Bisma which is wonderful as well.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bnnote
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We were chauffeured along a narrow road, slightly tar which is just wide enough for only a lane of traffic and occasionally requires bigger vehicles to come to a halt in order for traffic travelling on the opposite direction to pass.

Little wooden houses and cottages 'curtained' by the most unusual pieces of art releasing colours, talents and the artistic abilities of the people in Ubud possess. A true infusion of art and humble civilization! This innate talent is displayed in the most humble manner one would imagine and may put some famous artist to shame!

My soulmate and I were breathless when the staff of Hotel Komeneka gave us a short but informative tour around the hotel. Imagine landscape, waterscape and artscape in an oasis of tranquillity, serenity, peace and harmony. The kind that would normally be seen in programmes eg 'World 10 Best Hotels' or ‘Most Romantic Getaway'. Exactly what one would expect in a dream paradise.

Our guide politely told us that there are only 20 esoteric, intimate rooms with villa, paddy field and garden themes and views that fused together through exquisite natural Balinese landscaping.

The spa is my favourite spot coz I felt an immediate rapport, a haven of enchantment, drowning in the aroma of sweet and natural fragrance of essential oils. So soothing and relaxing; one may just need pampering almost immediately especially when it’s so cleverly designed just next to the paddy fields with birds, bees, insects and butterflies chirping and flapping without compromising the privacy of the luxurious sanctuary of relaxation. Sheer beauty!

It was at this very moment that I realized my soulmate had done a superb job coz this is a true paradise for 2 persons so deeply in love!

We almost wanted a dip when we saw the swimming pool. It's really a sight to behold! Although not too big but it etched against the sky among the trees and overlooking the lush greenery and enveloped by cottages and paddy fields over the other end of the horizon with intermittent sunshine piercing through the trees above us.

Inspired and for many, even inspiration itself........a small garden and with a neatly designed brick and stone pathway surrounded by honeysuckles coiling naturally on the beautifully constructed wooden shed and a surprisingly cute pond with lively colourful fishes swimming so freely in it. "Is this the way to our room?"....
.....and so we both thought.

AND IT IS!.........Our whole lives were further lifted....... we were on top of the world when we saw our room for the first time! Its really the kind that any lonely heart would fall in love all over again. Everything in the room is designed with superior finishes, fixtures and fittings. It’s absolutely a romantic getaway with the pole-side bed with pure white bedding and laced with the most flowy white curtain surrounding it.

Immediately we were in each other's arms when we saw a big heart intricately woven (frangipani) in the middle of the pure white bed and to our surprise, we were there were 2 sets of night gown flawlessly ironed!

We save the best for last!............the aroma and the sweet natural scent of flowers finally brought us to the most romantic bath I've ever seen! We had our first floral bath which was pre-prepared with lots of petals of flowers floating on top and also the various beautiful fragrant soap and lotion being generously placed around us. We had the longest bath that anyone would have and I'm glad all these had further cement our love for each other even more......

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Member88
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I stayedd at Komaneka at Monkey Forest nearly two years ago now, but my memories of this place are still vivid. From the moment you step onto the property you feel relaxed and at peace- it is such a beautiful and calming place. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, and took great care to ensure my mum and I had everything we needed during our entire stay.
Highlights of our trip included the daily afternoon tea which we looked forward to each day with great anticipation not only because of the quality of the food but because of the wonderful service by staff. Another highlight was one of Komaneka's free trips to see the herrons in a nearby town.
I can't recommend this place enough- the next time I need a break away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life I will certainly be heading back there.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family