See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The location was good but the rooms were filthy, we had to ask for toilet roll every time it ran out despite the rooms having being 'cleaned' each morning and towels were only provided when asked. Main member of staff started off friendly but by day three when we hadnt booked a local tour through him (there were not signs or advertising that it was even possible) he became very rude, slamming breakfast menus on the table and ignoring questions. It should also be noted that the field in front of the 'hotel' is used for marching practices and we were woken every morning by shouting at around 7.30am. Also very close to a club which blares music till the early hours.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Gillian_RP13
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at Wahyu bungalows for 5 nights in total. We spent our first night in a standard room which cost 300,000 rupee per night. Room was basic with a large balcony but the bathroom was pretty shocking - pretty dirty and the shower was basically a drip. We spoke to Wayan the host in the morning and he said he could move us to the 'honeymoon bungalow' later that day. This room cost a little more (350k) but we couldnt fault it - it was spacious and clean with a modern bathroom which had a power shower with hot water. Breakfast was included in the rate and was served to us every morning on our porch - pretty great for less than £20 a night for two! Wifi was available but there was no connection in the room. This place is in a prime location just opposite the football field on monkey forest road. The host also organised motor bike rental for us and we did the sunrise hike of Mt Batur through him. All in all would recommend this place but only if you can stay in the 'honeymoon bungalow'.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I booked this accommodation on line, paying 'up front' for 4 nights. When I arrived I was concerned to see building construction going on next door and the beautiful gardens and pool covered with a huge blue taupoline. ...as I looked out on this vista it was very ugly. Having a shower was impossible as the water was cold and about 3 drops came out. There were cockroaches as well. The final disappointment was the Hotel is right next to a noisy nightclub so I was kept awake with loud music until well past midnight. I decided to leave this establishment as I sleepless nights are no good. I spoke to to the booking agent who assured me over the phone I would be reimbursed the remaining 3 nights. This never happened and he never responded to the 4 emails I sent him. So beware of glossy photos on their website!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank gabriellenona
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed for 2 days. Really he only good thing was the location of the bungalow.
The owner/manager was never there.. There were only 2 girls that didn't speak any English. They only said 'manager is not here.'
They didn't clean the rooms and I had to ask (!) for new towels. We got quite old towels back.
The room:
Bed was ok, AC didn't work, lots of moist in de bathroom en a bad moist smell in the bathroom.
The breakfast was from 8-10, which is quite late when I compare with all the others hotels I stayed at. The second day we had breakfast. The jaffles isn't a breakfast (2 pieces of toast with not a ripe pineapple slice in between). The omelette was ok.
Pool: the pool was clean but there were no chairs or nothing to sit/lay on.
Wifi: didn't work very well.

I will never come back there

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Anenjo
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We only stopped here for lunch while visiting Ubud and it suited our needs nicely. The service was a little slow but it was friendly. We had to wait a while for our spring rolls and I almost about to go and check on where they were when they arrived. The spring rolls were tasty but just a little oily.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple