“As good as the reviews!”
Review of The Chillout Lounge - CLOSED

The Chillout Lounge
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
“As good as the reviews!”
Reviewed 3 April 2012 via mobile

We read the reviews and headed out for tea, they are friendly and the food was amazing! If you like burgers and feel like a big feed, go for it! The nachos had a good bite to them and the pancakes were the best I have had so far in Bali! Thanks Chillout lounge!

1 Thank Artandwellbeing
Lloyd P, Owner at The Chillout Lounge, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Thank you for your review!

It's great to see you write that we're 'as good as the reviews'. I've been so pleased to see so many great reviews of this place but it can also be scary to know we have to live up to the very high expectations people may get from reading our reviews here, so it's great to hear that we are doing so!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Toronto, Canada
“Best Hamburger I've had in Bali.”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

A really nice space with big solid wood tables and comfortable bamboo furniture in a garden space. The beefy burger, topped with a fried egg and bacon as well as the usual toppings, was huge. I came back the next day and had the green chicken curry, which was also substantial. Both were well-prepared and delicious with fresh ingredients. After 3 weeks in Ubud, this is my best find.

• Visited February 2012
5 Thank David D
'best find after 3 weeks in Ubud'! That means a lot to us. It was only after setting up the restaurant and seeing our first review on tripadvisor that I discovered there are well over 250 places to eat in Ubud. That's a whole lot of competition so I'm really glad you liked us the most of the places you went to.

The Thai Green Curry Sauce was the recipe I worked on the most when we started this place. After coming back from Thailand I loved this curry but I felt the ones I had tried there all had too much of a mint taste to them so I cut that down. Also controlling the spice of Indonesia's powerful green chili peppers and the strength of galangal, allowing the gentle flavor of the lemongrass to cut through was difficult but now I think we do a really good Thai Green and it is one of our most popular dishes!
Taipei, Taiwan
“Surprising Relaxed Retreat with amazing Pancake Chocolate Ball dessert or Decadently Devilish Chocolate Fudge Pie!!”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Delightful, relaxed casual garden lounge hidden on a small lane just off Jalan Raya Ubud is a hidden gem with both Western and Asian menu to meet your taste bud needs for lunch or dinner! My first Bali meal on my third return to Ubud, I had their Gado Gado plate and hot ginger lemon tea! As a diabetic, it was not too sweet and the tea was served without sugar on my request and made it a perfect start to a wonderful get away. I got a taste of someone else's Pancakes made with Chocolate Balls and Wow, a balance of heavier pancakes yet, deliciously light sweetness. Then as a surprise we sampled a Chocolate fudge pie with crust and whipped cream. It was so sweet and chocolaty, thick like fudge and yet so rich we could not resist another bite each as we shared. Chocoholics in Ubud beware, Chillout Lounge is the place to go! But call ahead to make sure your choice treat is available, the pies go fast, but pancakes are so good, but not so sweet that I could manage a bite easily..

• Visited January 2012