“wonderful relaxing massage” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tamarind Spa at Murni's Houses

Tamarind Spa at Murni's Houses
Ranked #4 of 197 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: Like most people Murni gets stressed, so she built a spa.She called it Tamarind Spa at Murni's Houses as it sits elegantly under a tamarind tree in a private, peaceful Balinese building in the charming, tranquil gardens of Murni's Houses. Murni has impeccable fine arts credentials and is passionate about the beauty of Balinese art. You will delight in every room and enjoy Murni's famous collection of Balinese and Asian works of art.She designed the spa around a unique concept, creating not just a relaxing healthy, healing experience but also an artistic experience.Tamarind Spa welcomes everyone with exquisite flowers, fountains, tranquil surroundings, soothing aromas and calming music, all served with a generous portion of Balinese hospitality. De-stress, tone up, heal aches and pains or simply, just pamper yourself. We are 5 minutes walk from the center of Ubud. You just go up the ramp opposite Pura Dalem on the main street of Ubud – left at the top and 2nd gate on the right. Please email for the Spa menu. There are a number of spa packages on the web site.
San Francisco, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wonderful relaxing massage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

Tried out the new Tamarind Spa on my last day staying at Murni's Houses and decided on the Bali relaxing massage which was absolutely marvelous. I was impressed by the level of professionalism of the therapist which at the same time was definitely tuned to an individual level to serve my needs, so no formula here. Afterwards the devoted staff helped me dress up in full Balinese Adat gear (traditional clothing) as we were going to a temple ceremony right from there. Wishing Murni all the best success in this relatively new enterprise and am confident she will quickly achieve top ranking - fully based on merit alone!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank nanhoi
Murni W, Owner at Tamarind Spa at Murni's Houses, responded to this review, 17 June 2012
Thank you for your good wishes. I'm very pleased that the Balinese Relaxing Massage was absolutely marvelous and that you were impressed by the level of professionalism. As you detected, we adjust the treatment to the individual and don't just go through the motions. I hope that you'll be able to come back. Enjoy your travels.

Murni
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“amazing massage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

spent a few hours at this spa, mini was my therapist and she was amazing, the highlight of this visit was the full body massage, I have had quite a few and this one was the best by far. warm welcoming staff in a beautiful garden setting away from all the mayhem on the main rd, it is like finding a secret garden when u walk in. if u are looking for a peaceful, relaxing massage look no further.

2 Thank Sucedan
Murni W, Owner at Tamarind Spa at Murni's Houses, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
I am very pleased that your full body massage was one was the best by far that you have had. Thank you for visiting and your kinds words. I hope you can come back and have a great time in Bali.

Baltimore, Maryland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“"A blissful treat for body and sole"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

We travelled to Bali last April and stayed at Murni's Bungalow for 6 days. And every single day we were at the spa.My husband and I have tried a lot of different spas and Tamarind Spa is one of the best spas we have been to. Kudos to you Murni and Jon for I can see that you invested well in finding the right people to work this line of job. The service was exceptional. The price is a bit expensive compared to the other "spas" in the area but It is worth the splurge. The Place is beautiful and the ambience is so soothing you will forget where you are. I will be making a separate review for the bungalow. For the spa, we tried the four handed massage which was awesome. I think everyone should try a four handed massage at least once in their lifetime. They let you choose the oil that they will be using for the massage which I think is wonderful. They masseuse are all expert in what they do. My husband, who has been always adamant when it comes to massage enjoyed his massage so much he wanted to come almost very single day we were there. Murni's place is so charming that we will definitely come back here when we can. Thank you Murni and Jon for welcoming us to your beautiful place.

Visited April 2012
Murni W, Owner at Tamarind Spa at Murni's Houses, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
I'm delighted that the service at the Spa was exceptional and that you visited every day during your 6 day stay with us at Murni's Houses. I'm very happy to hear that the 4 handed massage was awesome. Thank you very much for the review - and the photographs - and I hope that you can return soon..

Townsville, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pure Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

I recently travelled to Bali with a group of ladies on a retreat for the mind, body and soul. Tamarind Spa at Murni's' Houses ticked each of these three boxes for me. Both reception and massage staff were the friendliest people and nothing was too much trouble. As with 'Sancaer' above, I too wanted to change some of the treatments that I had pre-booked and there was never any hint of a problem with this. I agree that the prices at this spa were a little higher than that which you would pay on the street or at other spas, however, the cleanliness, attention to detail and the quality of the staff and services provided is second to none. Still bay far less expensive than what you would pay for comparitive services in Australia. It is my absolute pleasure to recommend Tamarind Day Spa at Murni's houses. Thanks you Ekka, Anni, Dwi and Minni, you made my holiday pure heaven! Kylee H

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Kylee H
Murni W, Owner at Tamarind Spa at Murni's Houses, responded to this review, 9 June 2012
I'm delighted that it was pure heaven and the cleanliness, attention to detail and the quality of the staff and services is second to none. It's also good that we are by far less expensive than Australia. I'm very pleased that you and your group of ladies had a great time.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Blissed out in Bali”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

Myself and two friends visited the Tamarind Spa this month. We had decided to have the whole day package but I wanted to change two of the treatments, the changes were easily made.
We started off our morning doing the herbal walk, this was very interesting and informative and gave me (a first timer in Bali) an insight into Balinese culture. We were told about family rice fields, family gardens and the use of natural medicines. We were given coconut juice to drink straight from the coconut in the traditional way, it was lovely but I obviously didn't have the knack of drinking it as I ended up wearing a good deal of it. Fortunately Lilir took pity on us and gave us natural grass straws. Back at Lilir and Westi's shop we were given Memory tea to drink, then it was time to head to the spa and Westi very kindly offered to drop us off in his car.

Entering the spa compound was delightful and the stresses of life soon started to slip away. Water gurgled playfully from water features, plants and garden art abound and lend a balanced harmonious feel to the place. The therapists are very good at what they do and Ani gave me the best hot stone massage I've had. The therapy room I was in had a little water feature outside the window so I could hear the sound of flowing water which I found very relaxing. The therapists don't chatter so you are truly allowed to relax. After being massaged, scrubbed and having a traditional facial it was time for a light lunch which was very nice. During lunch we also got to meet Murni which was an added bonus. She is lovely, kind and gracious and told us a bit about herself and how she had come to build the spa. After lunch it was back across the garden to the spa and more pampering, this time pedicures and manicures all round. We eventually left the spa feeling relaxed and quite serene. We all agreed that it had been a beautiful day and we all said we'd definitely return next time we were in Bali. I'm hoping to go back and stay at Murni's rooms next year, then I don't have far to walk to the spa!
We were staying down in Legian but had asked Murni to arrange a car to pick us up and take us back at night. Obviously this incurred an added cost but we felt it was worth it.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Murni W, Owner at Tamarind Spa at Murni's Houses, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Thank you for the wonderful, detailed review about the Tamarind Spa Full Day Herbal Package. I'm delighted that you enjoyed the day so much and it was the best hot stone massage you've had. I will be delighted if you come and stay with us next time at Murni's Houses.