“Very pampered” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tamarind Spa at Murni's Houses

Tamarind Spa at Murni's Houses
Ranked #3 of 197 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: Like most people Murni gets stressed, so she built a spa.She called it Tamarind Spa at Murni's Houses as it sits elegantly under a tamarind tree in a private, peaceful Balinese building in the charming, tranquil gardens of Murni's Houses. Murni has impeccable fine arts credentials and is passionate about the beauty of Balinese art. You will delight in every room and enjoy Murni's famous collection of Balinese and Asian works of art.She designed the spa around a unique concept, creating not just a relaxing healthy, healing experience but also an artistic experience.Tamarind Spa welcomes everyone with exquisite flowers, fountains, tranquil surroundings, soothing aromas and calming music, all served with a generous portion of Balinese hospitality. De-stress, tone up, heal aches and pains or simply, just pamper yourself. We are 5 minutes walk from the center of Ubud. You just go up the ramp opposite Pura Dalem on the main street of Ubud – left at the top and 2nd gate on the right. Please email for the Spa menu. There are a number of spa packages on the web site.
Darwin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very pampered”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

I booked a spa appointment at Tamarind Spa having read reviews online. I knew there would be cheap massage places all around Ubud, but wanted to make a visit to a well established and higher class spa as well. The prices turn out to be very cheap compared to Australian prices (2 hr massage for around $50 Australian).

I arrived at the spa after a little difficulty - the ubiquitous taxi and motorcycle drivers pointed me to the right spot after realising I was too close for them to give me a lift anywhere. The spa is well set out and equipped, in a very peaceful garden surrounds.

My therapist, Anni, was lovely and I had a great massage. I then had a pedicure which was possibly the best pedicure I've ever had.

Afterwards, Anni very kindly dropped me back at my hotel - on her motorbike! I appreciated that very much. I doubt she does that for everyone...it just happened to be the end of the day, and she took me.

I've come to think the cheap places are not good for full body massages....there is no change of sheets/linens etc. It's fine for the back massage where everything is kept on.

Thanks again to Anni for treating me so well!

1 Thank g k
Murni W, Owner at Tamarind Spa at Murni's Houses, responded to this review, 26 February 2012
Thank you very much for your excellent review. I'm pleased that you had a great massage and that the pedicure was possibly the best pedicure you've ever had. We always change the sheets after every guest. It's really unhygienic and dangerous not to do that. You are correct: it's one of the ways that cheap places cut corners. I'm happy that you got on so well with Ani. I hope that you can come back.

Murni
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Exceptional massage quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

The place is a little hard to locate, as it's on top of a high ramp on the left side of the road (Jalan Raya) leading out of Ubud centre. But once you enter the location, you'll feel at peace in the homely atmosphere of Murni's Houses.
We opted for the 2hr deep tissue massage in the couple's room. Both the masseuse's were exceptional and really knew how to feel and work the kinks out of stiff areas. This was done with a minimum of pain and discomfort, which is certainly not the case in cheaper places. I could really feel every part of the body being worked and literally flowed off the bed towards the end :)
In conclusion, this is certainly one of the best massages I've ever had, and you should definitely pay a visit if you don't mind the steep (in local terms) prices.

Visited February 2012
Murni W, Owner at Tamarind Spa at Murni's Houses, responded to this review, 25 February 2012
Thank you very much for the review and the praise for our therapists. I'm delighted that you enjoyed the exceptional massage quality and that like so many others you can say this was one of the best massages you've ever had. Our aim is exactly to provide that level of quality. I hope you can come back and try some of our other treatments.

Brisbane, Australia
“Peaceful sanctuary”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

The spa is a beautiful, peaceful sanctuary in which to ground and unwind after the bustle of travelling and Ubud. Its energy and those who work there spontaneously invite you into the spirit of Bali.
I enjoyed the deep rhythmical movements of the Balinese massage, and was grateful for the warmth and sensitivity of the massage therapist, and her quiet respect for my preference for a silent massage. I left feeling deeply relaxed, energized and grateful for the experience.

Visited February 2012
Murni W, Owner at Tamarind Spa at Murni's Houses, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Thank you very much for your review. I was happy to meet you and have a chat when you visited us. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your Balinese massage and that you felt deeply relaxed and energized after it. I'm also happy that you found the place so peaceful and hope that you can return soon.

Murni.
Melbourne
“Beautiful spa treatments and surrounds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

I booked in for a body scrub, massage and pedicure at
Murnis tamarind spa. I have to say it was one of the loveliest treatments I have had on my trip to Bali.
First the surroundings are absolutely gorgeous and tranquil. My friend and I were seated and we soaked our feet and took in the tropical garden. We discussed our treatment with Ani and then our therapists got to work. The massage was excellent and my therapist managed to smooth out quite a few knots and aches in my back. The scrub and yoghurt body mask left my skin tingling and silky smooth. By the end of this treatment I felt amazing. The pedicure topped off the whole experience. My feet were in a state but after the pedicure they felt incredibly soft.  Overall the service, treatments and gorgeous surroundings make this place an absolute winner. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Murni W, Owner at Tamarind Spa at Murni's Houses, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
I am very happy to hear that you had a good time and that the results were so good. Thank you for your detailed review, endorsement and recommendation. It's very rewarding for us to know that the service, treatments and surroundings are loved by so many people.

texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“spa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

great place to have a day spa very relaxing...............really nice.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank enysg
Murni W, Owner at Tamarind Spa at Murni's Houses, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank you for your review - I'm very happy that you had a good time at the spa and that it's a great place and very relaxing. I'm always pleased to hear that from so many guests.