“The first massage I truly enjoyed”

IMAN Intuitive Bodywork & Spa
Ranked #39 of 201 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“The first massage I truly enjoyed”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I am not a massage person, but sometimes when you are traveling with wife, you have to try one of them. I have tried maybe 10-20 of them in my life, most of which were mostly about pain.
I thought this was going to to be another painful massage, but I was wrong!
I had standard balinese massage, done by Nyoman's apprentice. It was fantastic!
It is not that it was weak massage, but rather, they seem to know where to "press" how far. After one hour of Balinese massage session, I actually felt light and great. I finally understood why people like massage! :)

I did try cheaper massage on street, but it was more painful, and I actually had muscle ache after.

This was the only place I felt I wanted to come back for more.

Visited February 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Indonesian first
Calgary, Alberta
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Body Care for the whole family”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

In a quiet peaceful setting, Iman Spa delivers quality. Our family of two adults and two teens all enjoyed the fantastic massages, excellent facials and lovely pedicures we booked. I've been getting bodywork done a long time and Nyoman delivered one of the most attentive, effective massages I've ever had, without feeling like I was getting beat up. Despite its efficiency--he works the whole body in an hour--it never felt rushed. The whole place has an atmosphere of caring that I didn't feel in other spas we tried in Bali. Its not the most luxurious, (its a bit spartan compared to some), but it was the best massage by far.

Visited December 2011
Leeuwarden
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Very good treatments”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Including our stay in hotel Ubud Green was a 15 minute welcome massage in the Iman Bodywork & Spa. Ofcourse we booked a longer treatment so my duaghter and I went for a Balinese massage. The Spa is not one of these luxery fancy spa's but is clean and the atmosphere is o.k. The treatment was great, very nice staff and the massage was one of the best we had in Bali.
After the massage (being very greasy because of the oil) you can take a shower. A cup of herbal tea is served after the treatment. Prices are very reasonable.

Visited February 2012
Hong Kong
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best massage ever”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

It's not only the best massage we had in Bali, but the best we've ever had.

Visited January 2012
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Probably the best Indonesian Massage Therapist in Ubud!”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Nyoman has great intuition and skill to help ease your body pains.

Visited June 2011