New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Lovely stay- best room and staff I've experienced in a long time” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cinta Inn

Cinta Inn
Ranked #84 of 183 Hotels in Ubud
Brisbane, Australia
“Lovely stay- best room and staff I've experienced in a long time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

Cinta inn is fabulous- my room was excellent (nice firm- not hard bed and 100% duck feather pillows, high thread count linen), cold aircon- massive bath and a shower head as big as a dinner plate! But it was the staff that made this excellent too- I was traveling alone and one of the girls lent me her sari and bought me a long sleeved top- and took me to temple for the Kunginga festival :-) she also recommended the Eco cycling tour- awesome fun! And they helped me organize everything- even booking in for the famous smoked duck at another restaurant. Truly helpful. And the breakfast- incredible! Raspberry and ricotta pancakes with butter studded in honeycomb- delicious. Would recommend this hotel to anyone

Room Tip: I had room7 with a huge bath- I don't think all the rooms have this big a bath
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Meg B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

We stayed for 2 nights on a business/pleasure trip, love the location although parking was a bit of a challenge but the hotel security / valet was always there to help, friendly and helpful staff, artistically pleasant, brand new and very clean property and most probably have the best mattress and linen, breakfast was wonderful it was a la carte, fresh, good size portion and serve in a timely manner. The only thing was that we can hear the band from across the street, it was not very loud and because we were tired we slept right through it. The time we were there, we only saw some of the other guests during breakfast, none of them have young children so it explains why within the inn itself was nice and quiet, all of the noise came from the outside parameter. Regardless, we would rate our stay as satisfactory and we would return in the future

Room Tip: we stayed in room 6 at the very far end of the property
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Monfore
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

If you dont mind paying a bit more, for comfort, cleanliness and great hospitality then this is your place. The cinta inn is a lovely boutique hotel in the middle of monkey forest road. I have had the pleasure of staying here for the past five days. My every need was met, and what I loved about this place was that all the members of staff addresseds you by your name, which makes it very personal and special. The restaurant serves the best cuisine. I had tried a few in along the street just to check, but I must say it was the best. The breakfast is to die for, ginger pancakes with mango fool was excellent. A special thanks to Ardani, a lovely hostess, and ary on reception. A special thanks to oka the manager, who greeted me with a smile and continued to do so. Always very helpful, cheerful and great banter. Also, a special mention to housekeeping, who kept the room immaculate. They even folded my clothes, which wasn't, needed but I am very grateful. Service with a smile goes a long way.

I do, think they should have coffee and tea making facilities in the room. But that isn't, a major problem

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Komal S
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

I had the good fortune to stay in Ubud for 12 glorious days, and I couldn't have chosen a better hotel. Strictly speaking, though, it's an inn, parked behind tha fabulous Cinta Grill (if you're going to be a repeat customer for dinner anywhere, make it there!). There are 7 rooms in total- 5 upstairs, and 2 downstairs, facing the pool. I stayed in Room #1, which is the one they show on their web site. It's right in the middle of Monkey Forest rd, so the location couldn't be any more central. But once you walk through the restaurant to the inn, the quiet makes you feel a million miles away.

I'll start by saying that in the 10 or so years that I've been traveling, I have NEVER slept in a bed so comfy!!! AND the pillows! The bathroom of room 1 is very large, with large bath tub, huge rainfall shower, and 2 sinks. Great water pressure and plenty of very hot water, which I understand is not available at some accommodations in Ubud. There is lots of storage space, and more than enough room in the huge sliding closet to put away your suitcase and backpack. The staff keep the inn ridiculously clean, and were very efficient in accommodating me with an adapter and a blow dryer. The breakfasts at Cinta were huge and extremely tasty, (I'll miss their home fries!) and their freshly ground coffee was second to none.

But where Cinta really shines is when it comes to their staff. Because it's not a hotel in the conventional sense, with people working a front desk, you are helped instead by the staff who work in the restaurant. But "helped" is an understatement. The employees at Cinta go above and beyond the call of duty to make you feel at home, and to help you with anything from recommendations, directions, general info and even booking anything from spa days, tours or arranging for drivers. I want to praise, in particular, Ary and Beni, my two "go to" people. They couldn't do enough for me, and they seemed genuinely pleased to help. Even on my first day in Ubud, I got bitten (and bleeding) by a monkey, and Beni insisted on driving me on his motor bike to the hospital for every round of rabies injections I had to have. Ary even offered to let me use her phone to call my mom in the states after I got bitten. A special thank you also to Oka and Bedu, who never stopped making me laugh, and for treating me like royalty. Everyone on staff knew my name, and they all treated me like family. Hugs all the way around when I left.

As sad as I was to leave Ubud, I was sadder still to leave my Cinta family. Thank you all so much, and there's no question as to where I'll stay when I go back to Ubud. This place has something most hotels don't have -- and that's heart.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the two rooms by the pool. It was lovely looking out at from the room, especially at...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank itstania
Tauranga, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed here with 2 other couples and all found it a great spot. The rooms are lovely, beds very comfy, nice linen all very clean. The location is perfect right in the heart of things with a mini mart right next door so we could at least get nice cold Bintangs from there as there are no fridges in the rooms but this didn't matter to us. The breakfasts at the Cinta Grill were fantastic as were the staff. They were all so friendly and helpful.

We would certainly return!

Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
BaliGoodFood, Owner at Cinta Inn, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Thanks for staying with us and writing this review! Hope to see you again soon.