“The Perfect Spot for a Single Traveler!”
Review of Cinta Inn

Cinta Inn
Ranked #98 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Toronto, Canada
“The Perfect Spot for a Single Traveler!”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I had the good fortune to stay in Ubud for 12 glorious days, and I couldn't have chosen a better hotel. Strictly speaking, though, it's an inn, parked behind tha fabulous Cinta Grill (if you're going to be a repeat customer for dinner anywhere, make it there!). There are 7 rooms in total- 5 upstairs, and 2 downstairs, facing the pool. I stayed in Room #1, which is the one they show on their web site. It's right in the middle of Monkey Forest rd, so the location couldn't be any more central. But once you walk through the restaurant to the inn, the quiet makes you feel a million miles away.

I'll start by saying that in the 10 or so years that I've been traveling, I have NEVER slept in a bed so comfy!!! AND the pillows! The bathroom of room 1 is very large, with large bath tub, huge rainfall shower, and 2 sinks. Great water pressure and plenty of very hot water, which I understand is not available at some accommodations in Ubud. There is lots of storage space, and more than enough room in the huge sliding closet to put away your suitcase and backpack. The staff keep the inn ridiculously clean, and were very efficient in accommodating me with an adapter and a blow dryer. The breakfasts at Cinta were huge and extremely tasty, (I'll miss their home fries!) and their freshly ground coffee was second to none.

But where Cinta really shines is when it comes to their staff. Because it's not a hotel in the conventional sense, with people working a front desk, you are helped instead by the staff who work in the restaurant. But "helped" is an understatement. The employees at Cinta go above and beyond the call of duty to make you feel at home, and to help you with anything from recommendations, directions, general info and even booking anything from spa days, tours or arranging for drivers. I want to praise, in particular, Ary and Beni, my two "go to" people. They couldn't do enough for me, and they seemed genuinely pleased to help. Even on my first day in Ubud, I got bitten (and bleeding) by a monkey, and Beni insisted on driving me on his motor bike to the hospital for every round of rabies injections I had to have. Ary even offered to let me use her phone to call my mom in the states after I got bitten. A special thank you also to Oka and Bedu, who never stopped making me laugh, and for treating me like royalty. Everyone on staff knew my name, and they all treated me like family. Hugs all the way around when I left.

As sad as I was to leave Ubud, I was sadder still to leave my Cinta family. Thank you all so much, and there's no question as to where I'll stay when I go back to Ubud. This place has something most hotels don't have -- and that's heart.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the two rooms by the pool. It was lovely looking out at from the room, especially at...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank itstania
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed here with 2 other couples and all found it a great spot. The rooms are lovely, beds very comfy, nice linen all very clean. The location is perfect right in the heart of things with a mini mart right next door so we could at least get nice cold Bintangs from there as there are no fridges in the rooms but this didn't matter to us. The breakfasts at the Cinta Grill were fantastic as were the staff. They were all so friendly and helpful.

We would certainly return!

Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
BaliGoodFood, Owner at Cinta Inn, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Thanks for staying with us and writing this review! Hope to see you again soon.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 2 August 2012

CInta Inn is a pleasant enough stay if it is your first time in Ubud. It has a modern tropical design and is away from the busyness of mainstreet Ubud. The food in the inn was excellent, especially breakfast. It has all the mod cons, but it could use a phone in the rooms to ring downstairs, and a jug with coffee and tea - I should think these things are a must in the rooms. But for our first time in Ubud, and our short stay, it worked fine - it's on the main street, close to attractions and food/shopping outlets. Staff mainly consist of valets and cleaners, there was no 'reception' area where there was someone on hand to assist with queries, but the staff were friendly and helpful enough when asked. I guess that's why it is called an 'Inn' - it's not quite a hotel concept. What you pay for is a reasonably stylish and comfortable modern interior and convenience. Good for first timers and those who want a fuss free stay.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
montreal
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Stay here 3 nights in july 2012
Location : very good , minimart, money changer, restaurants , shops bothway out of hotel, walk to Monkey Forest 5 to 10 minutes ( 10 for my mom !) walk to super market Coco mart 10 to15 minutes, walk to UbudPalace 5 minutes
Staff: super nice and efficient
Free Wifi everwhere but they cut it at 11 or 12 pm and reopen at about 7 or 8am
Room: small but ok, contemporary and bathroom is very nice with bathtube and rain shower and also contemporary( my mom s room is 2 single beds so no bathtube, our is with king bed)
Missing: small fridge, no coffee and tea in room, no telephone,, no hair dryer,no toothbrush ,comb,showe cap , ect. They provide soap and shampoo , conditioner,body lotion ,no slipper
Patio door did not close properly, has to do some adjustment
Toilet in our room did not flush very well ( room 3 ) thet tried to fix it but it did not work so offer to move us in anther room but we have only 1 night left so decline offer , just had to put toilet paper in basket and try to flush it 4,5 times
Breakfast included is a la carte which is very good and generous portion
They can also send your cloth to laundry and get it back next day( 2500rupia for shirt, t shirt and 3500 for pants or skirt)
They have no parking which is a liitle bit difficult for our driverto drop us off , he had to park on the opposite side of street depend on how busy it was , when we check out, poor bell boys ! 4 of them each drag our 4 luggages about 10 to 20 seconfs to reach the car and on check in they have to bring luggages on the stair cause there is no lift
Over all it is a nice small hotel with very nice staff , with th price you pay of course we dont expect a 5 stat hotel facilities
Oh i forget they has a small swimming pool which we did not use ( too small and when the door toward restaurant is open , every body can see you!)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank loan
BaliGoodFood, Owner at Cinta Inn, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Thanks for such a detailed review. We have noted your suggestions. We are an inn, not a hotel so there a few things we can't provide, but hopefully we make up for that with our staff, location and amazing breakfasts! Thanks for staying with us. Hope to see you again!
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Cinta Inn is amongst those few hotels where the pictures on the website look exactly like the rooms. It's a small hotel with a few rooms, which makes it all the more private and homely. It's a brand new, spanking clean property. Situated in a prime location in Ubud, which is the centre of art and culture in Bali. It has 24-hour convenience stores right next door, and shopping, spas, motorcycle rentals and kecak dances all available within walking distance. What I like best was the design and the colour scheme of the rooms. The bathrooms and the bathtub is especially big and modern for a mid-range/budget hotel of this kind in South East Asia. The herbal toiletries were refreshing. While the hotel was still being given finishing touches when I checked in with my friend, and it lacked a reception counter and intercom, we still felt very safe and secure with the friendly and efficient staff who were always around at any time of the day or night. Room No.3 where I stayed had a lock-in safe. But above all, the breakfasts made this stay worthwhile. These were the best breakfasts I've had anywhere around the region. I fondly remember the ginger pancakes, the apple and bluelberry pancakes and the savoury crepes with that heavenly hollandaise sauce. If you stay at the Cinta Inn, dont bother with the regular egg breakfasts that you are used to, trying everything else on the a la carte menu. I would return to Cinta Inn purely for the breakfasts. We loved the food so much, that we ensured that we would land up at the hotel for all our meals from any corner of Bali. The food was freshly and organic, and I was delighted to find more than one Indian recipes on the menu. However, I would not gaga over the Happy Hour Mojitos, but the manager Oka Agung does regale you with stories of his sea-faring days if you can mange to grab a drink with him off his busy schedule. the staff at the Cinta Inn were lovely, friendly people who went out of their way to make your stay special. One morning when I rushed to see the Barong dance at the Palace museum next door, only to realise that there was no dance scheduled that morning. On hearing this, one of the waiters at the restaurant took the extra effort of copying a CD for me of a festival dance that he had attended in his neighbourhood, where one of the dancers performs a fusion of traditional Balinese and breakdance.That was a lovely surprise.

Room Tip: Balcony Rooms are recommended
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends