“Pure Indulgence”

Ranked #4 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Sydney
“Pure Indulgence”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

From the moment our driver collected us from Denpasar airport we knew we were in safe hands. We were swiftly delivered to the Samaya Ubud - actually my boyfriend believes it took an hour but I was fast asleep and so it seemed to me that we were there in a blink of an eye! We arrived in the late evening and were greeted warmly with a Samaya Welcome drink and then it was time to catch some zzzs on the über comfy bed.

We woke up to explore our beautiful villa in the Balinese sun. Our doors opened out to a wonderful private pool and day bed with towels all ready to go. The breakfast was amazing and I encourage all visitors to try the Indonesian style breakie options - so good! We ate ourselves into a stupor and then had to have a nap but I must say that all the grounds were immaculate and the staff were ever so charming.

In terms of location you have the glorious rice paddies and river to explore but you are a little out of town which I personally prefer and it's super easy to jump into the hotel car and request pick up at your preferred time (note: majority of restaurants really do close after 9pm try Bali Buddha for healthy homemade nosh). We missed out on cycling around the rice paddies (complimentary activity offered by hotel) as it was not available on the day we enquired so I advise you book a day in advance. We also made sure to arrange a trip with one of the Samaya drivers to see Gunung Kawi which was spectacular - go early and avoid all those other less savvy tourists ;)

I can say this is the one resort we will definitely go back to, so see you next time!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RogueTraveller22
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
washington
Reviewed 11 June 2012

It was rough getting visa and passing through immigration and customs in Bali; the ride to the resort was longer than anticipated. However, all the tension quickly evaporated once we arrived at the Samaya Ubud. We were greeted by our smiling driver at the airport with cold towel, bottled water, strawberry and nuts. Our personal butler was friendly and the vast view of the rice paddy from the lobby was equally impressive.
The resort is beautiful and very tranquil; everything centers around the guests' needs. No time limit on breakfast or afternoon tea; no banging on the door for housekeeping. There is not enough adjective to describe the excellence this resort could offer. Staff is first rate: always obliging, and smiling. Joe at the reception was full of energy, advice and answers.
My advice: come and enjoy; you will leave here 100% relaxed.

Room Tip: All Villas are great. There is "ride on demand" to take you to the lobby at anytime.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank panam747
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I must first preface the review by saying that I am a pedantic person, lack of attention to detail/ inconsistency irks me. I was all hyped up after reading the other reviews raving about how wonderful The Samaya is, and didn't quite believe it. I've been greatly proven wrong!

The Samaya certainly pays great attention to detail and consistently so! Be it the little touches such as seperate sets of slippers for indoor and outdoors use, strategically and sensibly placed towels and bathroom amenities, or even the very thoughtful reminders to spay mosquito repellant by placing the can on the bedside table during turndown service, I am greatly impressed by the service! Check in is handled in the privacy of the villa, where refreshing wet towels and the welcome drinks await. Food is of a consistently high standard and food delivered to the villa is set up in a consistent manner (pedantic, remember?), no matter who sets it up - a testament to the rigorous training all staff have gone through!

All staff are sincere and go out of their way to show you round and help you out with al requests no matter how trivial try are. I've never felt more welcomed nor more pampered!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Xanatha26
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Paradise does exist...it is The Samaya Ubud. This is the place you want to stay, and you will never want to leave. I stayed in the beautiful family villa, which is really two very large and luxurious villas with a private courtyard and large private swimming pool. As I sat beneath the mangosteen tree and enjoyed a gourmet breakfast by my pool, I thought this resort is best described as perfect. Absolutely perfect. Wayan, the resort manager, is incredible and will make sure you are treated like royalty. The spa was outstanding, as I enjoyed a traditional Balinese massage while overlooking the river. The menu at dinner was spectacular and the chef can prepare anything your heart desires. There aren't enough words to describe how amazing this resort truly is. Many places receive good reviews, but there is no place in Bali as perfect and luxurious as The Samaya Ubud. The jacuzzi in the two bedroom villa was filled with fragrant frangipani and roses when I arrived, and the staff gave me such wonderful service. I am so glad I chose The Samaya Ubud while in Bali. And thanks to Wayan and his staff, I can truly say I have experienced paradise on earth.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank ChasidyW
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We stayed at the resort for 2 weeks at the end of May 2012. We've stayed at the Samaya Seminyak a couple of times previously so had a good idea of what to expect.

Certainly beyond our expectations. The resort and amenities are absolutely first class. Quality of restaurant food is superb. Whilst remote, the resort demands relaxation, which it encourages in every way. For busy people looking to chill out, it doesn't get any better.

We've been lucky enough to go to lovely lodgings all over the world, and our policy is to always tip those that provide service and attention beyond the norm. This break, for the first time ever, We were unable to separate out any particular individual/s as the incredible service, attention, and courtesy by all the staff from the resort manager down was of such a high standard. They all made us feel incredibly welcome and special. Our thanks to everyone who works at the resort.

Would we go back again. No question. Can't wait.

Room Tip: River frontage was great.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Greg B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ubud
6.2 km away
4.8 km away
Amori Villas
Amori Villas
#3 of 198 in Ubud

Been to The Samaya Bali Ubud? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK