“Great homestay experience!”

and 1 more site!
Bali Moon
Ranked #228 of 640 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We stayed at this property for four nights in December. We were given room #6 on the 3rd floor of what I believe is the new wing in Mr Made's property (there were a total of 6 rooms).

Pros:
1) Room #6 was high up with great views of the surrounding rice fields and resident ducks. Fall asleep to the cooling breeze through the casement windows and wake up to the sounds of Ubud nature
2) Room was clean and well kept. Breakfast was served at our room open terrace
3) Free and reasonable trouble-free wifi
4) Friendly Made and his wife took care of all of our needs. We did a great homestay cooking class with them. They aren't the fastest or most efficient- but this is a homestay, not a hotel, and service was friendly and personal
5) Bathroom was nice and well ventilated

Cons
1) The only con I could really think of was that the water pressure to our room was rather poor - slowed down to a trickle on one of the days. Would have given the stay 5 stars if not for this - a nice shower is something I would really have liked after a day of traipsing around ubud.

Room Tip: Our room was great on the 3rd floor (most other properties around have mostly up to second floor...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dell73

Reviewed 13 December 2011

Bali Moon has a good atmosphere and you can feel at home there (as far as this is possible in a tradionally built Balinese homestay). The staff is friendly and helpfull, the breakfast tastes wonderfull and on top they put fresh hibiscus in the rooms each day.
Our fiftth time in Ubud ... it's like Monkey Forest many years ago.
Thank you Made & Wayan.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Very nice place to stay and relax away from Ubud's noisy streets. Very frindly staff, nice and clean rooms, some of them with a beatiful balinese artcraft. Delicious breakfast included in the price. Enjoy

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I was originally booked here as my other accom was not available for these extra nights and I was not disappointed. I had an amazing room with beautiful views of the rice fields and nearby community. In the morning I would wake up early open my veranda doors get back into my bed and watch and listen to the day begin. I was able to watch the sun rise over the nearby roof tops and listen to the magical sound of the creatures in the area. The staff were soo friendly and made me so welcome. I loved every morning having my breakfast served on my veranda, it was a great start to a magical stay in Ubud.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed in 2 other homestays before we found this one, and after looking around for almost 2 full days.
This is by far the best place to stay and a really good value.
The very clean rooms are wonderfully decorated, as are the bathrooms.
Close to Monkey Forest Road, but in a quiet area amidst the rice fields.
We'd definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Room 6 is on the top level with a great view over the surrounding rice fields
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple