“You get what you pay for”

Warsa Garden Bungalows
Ranked #474 of 598 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed 9 August 2017

One of the cheaper places on Monkey Forest Rd. Good location and pool. However the rooms are not clean. Bathrooms need a good scrub, bed linens need replacing. Tolerable if you take your own sheet to put over the bed and have a sleeping bag liner, sleeping bag and give the bathroom a clean before you use it.

Stayed: September 2016
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Really liked this hotel. Was clean with a nice pool area and friendly staff. Perfect location in the middle of monkey forest street with bars and restaurants on your doorstep. Also very good value for money and included a good breakfast. We moved rooms into the main block as our original bungalow had some ants. But in fairness this was our fault for leaving biscuit crumbs on the floor. Staff moved us without a problem. Our 2nd room was brighter than our original bungalow and had a pool view. The accomodation had a genuine balinese feel to it too which was lovely.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2017

we booked a room via agoda because we were fascinated by the nice and cozy photos posted there. however, when we arrived, we received a different room. when my partner mentioned about the room we booked thru the OTA, the staff said it wasn't the photo intended for that price and that we need to pay more if we want to get the room on the potos! then why are they using the very same photos and downgrade your room when you arrive? false marketing! we took the room nevertheless, the bathroom door just won't close, the room stinks, smells like molds. the sink is inside the bedroom itself which made us felt like in the operating room due to the white tiles surrounding the interior walls. the bathroom is just dirty, we decided to skip the shower since it was just so gross to use it. there are deep seated dirt on the toilet bowl and sink. horrible! the only best thing here is the location.

Room Tip: they only use same photos for different prices and will downgrade your reservation once you booked f...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank miel s
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

I am only writing this review to warn others to never even consider booking this place. I would not normally give a bad review but this place is the exception.

Firstly, we arrived at the front desk to sarcastic receptionist who checked us in and gave us our padlock to lock our front door.... what establishment expects you to lock your door with your passports in with a padlock when the door opened enough for a human being to be able to crawl in??? I asked about a safety deposit box and was told there wasn't one but it was okay because someone had stayed for 2 weeks and nothing had gone missing...!!?? ALARM BELLS RINGING

Okay I thought not a problem for the price we paid I will just try and hide everything under the mattress... this is where things went completely disastrous.

looking in the room there was no toilet roll on arrival something which is crazy for a western tourist but there was also no hose near the toilet to be able to clean up like most places in Bali have.

The whole room didn't look like it had been cleaned since opening, so many red ants and cobwebs all over the place and the stench of the bedsheets was revolting to say the least.

The bathroom had huge holes within it and I honestly could not understand why?

Upon lifting the mattress there was the biggest spiders nest I have ever seen just centre-meters away from the pillow this was the final straw.

After trying to connect to the poorest wifi in bali to find another place to stay for the night it was slow and I felt I might actually have to stay a night in this absolute dump.

Finally booked accommodation for the night and we checked out just for another rude receptionist to not even ask why we were leaving just after an hour of arriving and a simple okay our response.

I didn't even complain I could not be bothered to waste my breath with these people.

Do yourself favour and DO NOT book this place, there are so many nicer places in ubud in similar locations for the same price if not cheaper.

I understand that this place is for backpackers or people on a low budget but how this place can rate themselves at a 3 star rating is beyond me.

This place looks nothing like the photos on booking.com. We actually thought this was going to be one of the nicest places we had booked for our bali trip on a lower budget.

REALLY WAS THE WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER STEPPED FOOT IN! AVOID WITH ALL COSTS!!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jade P
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Rooms we're very clean and spacious with a balcony and sofa area. Nice big bed which was very comfortable. Air con could have been stronger but it was ok.

Staff were friendly enough and the free breakfast was simple but nice.

Only downfall was some drunk guests were arguing at 2am and woke the whole place up! It took me going out to ask them to be quiet for the night staff to finally come over and speak to them.

Overall nice stay. Very good location. Walking distance to the Monkey Forest and restaurants/bars.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple