All reviewsevery morningbit datedspacious roomair conditioningguesthouseverandatoilet
Reviewed 12 October 2016

I traveled Southeast Asia for 3 and a half months and this was by far my favorite place I have stayed at, on this trip and in my entire life! The owners, Yannik and Made are wonderful people and make you feel right at home and like you're part of the family - the staff do as well! Each morning they look for you on your front porch/balcony (depending on which floor you stay on) and right away bring you your freshly cooked breakfast. There are a few options - omelette or banana pancake (they may have been more but I can't remember) - the banana pancake is AMAZING and the portion is actually good enough to get you until dinner! Every breakfast comes with a plate of fresh fruit as well. There is hot water for your kettle brought to you whenever you request it and tea bags and coffee kept at your room. It's pure paradise to enjoy breakfast with the beautiful sounds of the jungle birds, and have a cup of tea and watch the sunset!

The rooms are also HUGE, the beds are comfy (I stayed in a few different rooms because I kept coming back!), and there is a gigantic amazing bathtub with nice hot water as well.

As is most of Ubud and Bali in general, the wifi isn't the best but I had decent enough speed to browse facebook, do email and upload photos each night. Service is best outside and there are little bamboo huts you can sit in to do your browsing if you like, but I just ended up on the porch most nights.

Suastika Guest House is about 5 minutes walk (downhill) to Ubud Central and all the resturants, shopping and it's actually on the same road as the Palace so it's very convenient if you're going to see the nightly traditional theatre shows. Yannik and Made can arrange a motorbike to be delivered to you as well, all for a very reasonable price.

Whenever I make it back to beautiful Bali I'll be sure to stay here again!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have a great view of the sunset
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

We (2 adults and a 4 year old) stayed at Suastika guest house for 4 nights. Very clean and nice place to be. Staff was very nice and helpfull. Every morning we had brekfast served in our own terace and it was delicious. The surroundings are just amazing. Would defenately recommend to all. Great value for money.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Thank you Yani and the staff for our favourite stay on our travels so far. We were accidentally put in the wrong room, a superior room when we booked a double, and we stayed 2 nights no extra charge until they had to move us as someone else booked the room online. You are looked after so well by Yani, she is lovely. The breakfast was amazing, I had banana pancakes every morning! They helped us in so many ways during our trip to Ubud, for example renting our bike, giving us insect repellent when we were getting bitten, offered food/drinks to my boyfriend when he was ill. Our room was clean, spacious, and had all the facilities we needed. It was luxurious! A little walk from the town, but if you get yourself a bike (60,000 per day if you book with them) it is a perfect place to stay if you want to explore the area. We hope we can stay again :)
Rosie and Matt

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

4 things I love the most:

1. The owner & the staff are very humble & friendly.
2. The room is big & clean.
3. Near ubud centre.
4. Love the environment inside the house.

Definitely will come back!!!

Thanks M. Kwi! :D

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed there 4 nights at this guesthouse 10mn walk out of Ubud Market on the main street. Rooms are spacious, clean and sourrounded by a beautiful lush tropical garden! Service is outstanding and you get breakfast served on the room's own balcony/terrace every morning. Suweta street is filled with local warungs where you get excellend bargain food. Very pleasant stay overall, would recommend to anyone looking for a quiet and relaxing stay in Ubud!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo