“Incredibly Friendly Staff”

Ranked #377 of 567 Ubud B&B and Inns
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Incredibly Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

My brother and I stayed with Agus and his awesome staff at the Brata 1 Guesthouse for three days. During this time, we were treated with incredible hospitality, and truly had a great experience. The rooms are very clean, with hot water and free wifi. The rooms also include a fan, and have a beautiful view of the other houses, while still maintaining seclusion from the hectic nature of Hanoman street. Out of all the places we stayed, Brata 1 was easily the friendliest, with Agus coming by in the morning to converse with his guests, and learn about the various aspects of their lives. I highly recommend this homestay, for both its cleanliness and its incredibly friendly nature!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
malaysia
Reviewed 4 February 2012

No complaint about my stay.
Staff were friendly & helpful. Rooms were clean, but the bed sheets seemed not changed often.
Good for bag packer & solo traveller, but not for family. Tip to share, ask for ground floor rooms with garden view.

Room Tip: ask for ground floor
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Sapporo, Japan
Reviewed 1 January 2012

It was my first time in Bali and I'm glad that Brata was my first stop! The staff were very friendly and helpful, as they booked tours for me and even acted as my own private transportation once! I also met quite a few friendly fellow travelers that were also staying at Brata. I had a very large private guesthouse that I got for a very reasonable price. Luxury it is not, but it's very clean, comfortable, and spacious.The only thing some travelers may want to be aware of is they have a dog. It's harmless but it does bark at you if you come back late at night. It's good security though, and I always felt safe. Brata is a great place for single travelers on a budget! I will recommend it to all my friends and hopefully one day I will be back!

Sapa
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Well what can I say about Brata 1? It’s both very good and very interesting. This is my 2nd year staying in Ubud. And some things never change. For example, the Balinese boys and men are walking and talking Freudian slips. Whether that’s an act or not, I’m not sure. But anytime, anyplace, you are sure to encounter those who are all too willing to confirm that stereotype. I know. It gets tiring after a while. Case in point. Yande. On the other hand, Ketut, who cleans like it’s nobody’s business, excises discretion and yet still manages to play the field only he knows how. The manager, Agus, has the most dead-pan human of anyone in Bali. In short, they are endlessly entertaining treasures. Without whom the place will not run. I must say the owners, as well as us guests, are very lucky.

Winnipeg
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I loved my stay at Brata 1 guesthouse! Yande picked me up at the airport and I was able to relax on the hour ride back to Ubud from the airport. I had a room on the 2nd floor which has two balconies one facing the family compound and one that faces ricefields. The room is basic but very spacious and airy! Excellent place to practice yoga in the morning with the morning sun coming into the room.
The family and staff are the friendliest people I've met in Bali and there are many! Yande, Ketut and August always have a smile on their face and are so nice to talk to. They are very knowledgeable about Balinese culture and are always willing to help you out!
Breakfast is delicious! I usually had the banana jaffles with fresh fruit and coffee on my balcony.
You will feel safe and taken care of here. High recommend to anyone travelling to Ubud!