Brata Home Stay
US$ 168
US$ 77
US$ 63
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 January 2012

It was my first time in Bali and I'm glad that Brata was my first stop! The staff were very friendly and helpful, as they booked tours for me and even acted as my own private transportation once! I also met quite a few friendly fellow travelers that were also staying at Brata. I had a very large private guesthouse that I got for a very reasonable price. Luxury it is not, but it's very clean, comfortable, and spacious.The only thing some travelers may want to be aware of is they have a dog. It's harmless but it does bark at you if you come back late at night. It's good security though, and I always felt safe. Brata is a great place for single travelers on a budget! I will recommend it to all my friends and hopefully one day I will be back!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Agus B, Manager at Brata Home Stay, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Dear Our (Brata Home Stay) Valued Guest, Thegreatpumpkin
First of all, we'd like to thank you to choose our home stay as your place to stay during your holiday in Ubud-Bali. Secondly, we're just a small home stay that wants to introduce an experience to see daily activities of Balinese People who still do their cultural life tightly and earn some extra money. So because of it, perhaps we are not too professional but we have our Balinese Hospitality as our best service. We glad to hear that you had enjoyable and memorable stay with us, Brata Home Stay. Lastly, thank you for your time when have made this review. We really appreciate it because from the review we could learn to make our services are always on the top level. NB. Right now, Brata Home Stay has a new management. We really keen learning from our guests to make Brata Home Stay always has top level services. Thank you and see you again in next holiday. Greetings from Ubud-Bali.

Reviewed 31 December 2011

Well what can I say about Brata 1? It’s both very good and very interesting. This is my 2nd year staying in Ubud. And some things never change. For example, the Balinese boys and men are walking and talking Freudian slips. Whether that’s an act or not, I’m not sure. But anytime, anyplace, you are sure to encounter those who are all too willing to confirm that stereotype. I know. It gets tiring after a while. Case in point. Yande. On the other hand, Ketut, who cleans like it’s nobody’s business, excises discretion and yet still manages to play the field only he knows how. The manager, Agus, has the most dead-pan human of anyone in Bali. In short, they are endlessly entertaining treasures. Without whom the place will not run. I must say the owners, as well as us guests, are very lucky.

Dear Our (Brata Home Stay) Valued Guest, Solo t

Reviewed 18 December 2011

I loved my stay at Brata 1 guesthouse! Yande picked me up at the airport and I was able to relax on the hour ride back to Ubud from the airport. I had a room on the 2nd floor which has two balconies one facing the family compound and one that faces ricefields. The room is basic but very spacious and airy! Excellent place to practice yoga in the morning with the morning sun coming into the room.
The family and staff are the friendliest people I've met in Bali and there are many! Yande, Ketut and August always have a smile on their face and are so nice to talk to. They are very knowledgeable about Balinese culture and are always willing to help you out!
Breakfast is delicious! I usually had the banana jaffles with fresh fruit and coffee on my balcony.
You will feel safe and taken care of here. High recommend to anyone travelling to Ubud!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo

Dear Our (Brata Home Stay) Valued Guest, Mel R.

Reviewed 17 September 2011

Lovely homestay in a central location on Hanoman street. Basic but clean rooms including a nice breakfast and very cheap too. The staff are very friendly and extremley helpful. There is one guy that speaks very good English and he arranged all of my tours for me and my bus and boat to Lombok. It is also just off the main road so you don't get the traffic noise. They also woke me up at 6 in the morning to catch my bus as my alarm clock had broken. lovely people.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Leigh K

Dear Our (Brata Home Stay) Valued Guest, Leigh K.

Reviewed 11 September 2011

If you are looking for budget that is clean, has an excellent, central location and also has super friendly service, this place is it. The people that run it are always available to help out in any way and are extremely helpful in recommending whatever various things you might like to do during your stay. Yummy breakfast is included too. I will be back!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo