New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of The Purist Villas and Spa

The Purist Villas and Spa
Ranked #10 of 183 Hotels in Ubud
Melbourne, Australia
“Superb service and stunning private location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

My partner and I chose The Purist Villas as our base for Ubud and our expectations were exceeded. From the intiial booking process to the farewell, we felt special. I would like to note the service provided by Sukang, Antarres and Agus was far superior to most other hotels I've stayed in. Nothing was too much trouble for these men. The accommodation was quiet, luxurious and immaculate. The outdoor showers and bathtubs made us feel as though we were bathing in the jungle. Very special. Treat yourself to a massage whilst there. We changed villas throughout our stay and particularly loved the Garden Villa and Timor Villa. I highly recommend The Purist as a romantic and well located venue. The staff welcomed us like friends visitng their own homes. We will be back!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa P
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Me and my husband stayed at the Purist in September 2011 for our Honeymoon. I know i am terribly late posting a review but it kept gnawing on me(it is the least i can do for their service) and here i am finally!

I wanted things to be perfect obviously for my honeymoon and so I booked Purist based on their stellar reviews on Trip advisor. Oktri responded promptly and gave us a great deal. We stayed at the Garden Villa which has a huge private pool for 3 nights and then in the Bamboo Villa for the last night. Right from the moment we stepped in, we were made to feel at home. The staff is extremely friendly and warm. Purist has a small but breath taking property and I loved all the extra personal attention we got which isn't usually possible in a big resort. Both the rooms we stayed in were very aesthetically done right down to the minute details.

The food was excellent. We had to fill out a form choosing from myriad options for breakfast each night. I am vegetarian and Oktri went out of her way to accommodate my requests. Our package included a romantic dinner in our villa. The staff lit candles all around the pool and then brought us a delicious 4 course meal served at the pool side. What can i say, I was so pampered at Purist, I still talk about it often to people. Their spa was amazing as well and we really enjoyed our couple massage.

There is nothing I would want to change about my stay at the Purist and I hope i get a chance to visit Bali soon to experience their hospitality again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank globetraveller295424
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

We had a lovely 4 nights stay in the beautiful bamboo villa at the Purist in October 2011. We chose the hotel purely on tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed. Luxurious shower products, best breakfast ever, nice butler who even babysat our 2 small kids (aged 3 and 5 yrs) one evening and bought a pirated dvd of their favourite latest cars2 movie (no charge, but we gave him a nice tip), freshly prepared wholesome dinners (but order everything you need otherwise it takes too long to arrive 2 nd time around) , average massage, cool temperatue pools and friendly smiling staff. We were not too impressed with Ubud town itself (about 10 mins drive, dont walk, crazy dogs on this street!) and much preferred to stay in and enjoy the luxury of the Purist.

Room Tip: Bamboo villa had its private pool, but try to get a room that faces the small jungle near the main p...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ArpitaBoyd
Tampere, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

+Privacy
+Fantastic service and hospitality
+Delicious food and sure-fire catering
+Tidiness and well groomed room service
+The most stylished Balinese decor and furnishing I´ve ever seen, up to the smallest details
-Road to the Udud village (few kms) was in bad condition after tropicat agfternoon rains
-Building site next door to our villa slightly disturbing (if you wanted to experience total silence or only jungle sounds during the day)

Room Tip: We had booked room for 4 with a own pool, but got upgraded to the 2 bungalow villa. Travelling with...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I have been using TripAdvisor for a long time now for reviews of various hotels etc.. but this is the first time I have ever posted. My husband and I spent 5 glorious nights at the Hill Villa. We went straight for the "penthouse" so to speak as it was our honeymoon. We were not disappointed. Everything people say about this place is true. It is just so beautiful here and so relaxing. Nothing was too much trouble for the friendly staff. This was the perfect honeymoon for us as we just wanted to relax. I disagree with some people comments about the food here. The breakfast is absolutely delicious which is what most people say but I also thought every other meal they cooked for us was really good. I consider myself a foodie and have dined at a lot of nice places in my life and the food is great. Sure you can get cheaper in town but it is still really good and so healthy. We only spent one day in Ubud which seemed like a great little town but it was nice to just spend most of our time in the resort. Our driver Maddy was awesome. He drove us anywhere we wanted to go. We had massages at the resort almost everyday which was more expensive but the one time we got a massage elsewhere it wasn't nearly as good. The resort was also a lot more hygenic. I did have one drawback though. I wished they offered the movie channels on the TV. The other channels weren't that good so I was a bit disappointed by that. We did borrow DVDs but half of them didn't work or they were just bad quality. I would just suggest they offer all the channels for the guests. We had rain some days so it would have been good if we could have watched a film. Only a slight thing though. One more thing is that it is a bit more expensive to stay here than most other places but I think it is well worth it. I highly recommend this resort to anyone.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Hill Villa which had a private pool but we did spend most of our time at the main p...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple