“Heaven on Earth!”

The Purist Villas and Spa
Ranked #9 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Me and my husband stayed at the Purist in September 2011 for our Honeymoon. I know i am terribly late posting a review but it kept gnawing on me(it is the least i can do for their service) and here i am finally!

I wanted things to be perfect obviously for my honeymoon and so I booked Purist based on their stellar reviews on Trip advisor. Oktri responded promptly and gave us a great deal. We stayed at the Garden Villa which has a huge private pool for 3 nights and then in the Bamboo Villa for the last night. Right from the moment we stepped in, we were made to feel at home. The staff is extremely friendly and warm. Purist has a small but breath taking property and I loved all the extra personal attention we got which isn't usually possible in a big resort. Both the rooms we stayed in were very aesthetically done right down to the minute details.

The food was excellent. We had to fill out a form choosing from myriad options for breakfast each night. I am vegetarian and Oktri went out of her way to accommodate my requests. Our package included a romantic dinner in our villa. The staff lit candles all around the pool and then brought us a delicious 4 course meal served at the pool side. What can i say, I was so pampered at Purist, I still talk about it often to people. Their spa was amazing as well and we really enjoyed our couple massage.

There is nothing I would want to change about my stay at the Purist and I hope i get a chance to visit Bali soon to experience their hospitality again!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank globetraveller295424
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for The Purist Villas and Spa

Reviewed 28 March 2012

We had a lovely 4 nights stay in the beautiful bamboo villa at the Purist in October 2011. We chose the hotel purely on tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed. Luxurious shower products, best breakfast ever, nice butler who even babysat our 2 small kids (aged 3 and 5 yrs) one evening and bought a pirated dvd of their favourite latest cars2 movie (no charge, but we gave him a nice tip), freshly prepared wholesome dinners (but order everything you need otherwise it takes too long to arrive 2 nd time around) , average massage, cool temperatue pools and friendly smiling staff. We were not too impressed with Ubud town itself (about 10 mins drive, dont walk, crazy dogs on this street!) and much preferred to stay in and enjoy the luxury of the Purist.

Room Tip: Bamboo villa had its private pool, but try to get a room that faces the small jungle near the main p...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ArpitaBoyd

+Privacy
+Fantastic service and hospitality
+Delicious food and sure-fire catering
+Tidiness and well groomed room service
+The most stylished Balinese decor and furnishing I´ve ever seen, up to the smallest details
-Road to the Udud village (few kms) was in bad condition after tropicat agfternoon rains
-Building site next door to our villa slightly disturbing (if you wanted to experience total silence or only jungle sounds during the day)

Room Tip: We had booked room for 4 with a own pool, but got upgraded to the 2 bungalow villa. Travelling with...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I have been using TripAdvisor for a long time now for reviews of various hotels etc.. but this is the first time I have ever posted. My husband and I spent 5 glorious nights at the Hill Villa. We went straight for the "penthouse" so to speak as it was our honeymoon. We were not disappointed. Everything people say about this place is true. It is just so beautiful here and so relaxing. Nothing was too much trouble for the friendly staff. This was the perfect honeymoon for us as we just wanted to relax. I disagree with some people comments about the food here. The breakfast is absolutely delicious which is what most people say but I also thought every other meal they cooked for us was really good. I consider myself a foodie and have dined at a lot of nice places in my life and the food is great. Sure you can get cheaper in town but it is still really good and so healthy. We only spent one day in Ubud which seemed like a great little town but it was nice to just spend most of our time in the resort. Our driver Maddy was awesome. He drove us anywhere we wanted to go. We had massages at the resort almost everyday which was more expensive but the one time we got a massage elsewhere it wasn't nearly as good. The resort was also a lot more hygenic. I did have one drawback though. I wished they offered the movie channels on the TV. The other channels weren't that good so I was a bit disappointed by that. We did borrow DVDs but half of them didn't work or they were just bad quality. I would just suggest they offer all the channels for the guests. We had rain some days so it would have been good if we could have watched a film. Only a slight thing though. One more thing is that it is a bit more expensive to stay here than most other places but I think it is well worth it. I highly recommend this resort to anyone.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Hill Villa which had a private pool but we did spend most of our time at the main p...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed 2 nights in the Hill Villa and absolutely loved it! The staff was very nice and helped us with everything we needed. The breakfast was incredible with a ton if choices and we also had lunch in our villa, which was fantastic. The menu was lovely and wie wish we stayed longer to try some of the health drinks they offer or spa treatments. We were absolutely blown away when we first walked in. It was huge!! And so gorgeous! It would sleep 4 comfortably, although there were only 2 of us. We enjoyed the pool and palapa during the day. We did have a bit of an issue with food delivery. It was about 30 minutes late for dinner and about 20-25 minutes late for breakfast. We had a flight to catch that morning and it made us run late. We thought for $450+ a night, our food should have been delivered in a timely manner. This is the only reason why we did not give this villa 5 stars. Also be aware that bugs, mosquitoes and lizards do get in the villa (there are open doors everywhere) so I do not recommend this villa if you are not a nature person. The mosquito net around the bed was a nice touch! I highly recommend this villa if you're looking for star treatment and a private retreat in Ubud!

• Stayed: March 2012