Me and my husband stayed at the Purist in September 2011 for our Honeymoon. I know i am terribly late posting a review but it kept gnawing on me(it is the least i can do for their service) and here i am finally!
I wanted things to be perfect obviously for my honeymoon and so I booked Purist based on their stellar reviews on Trip advisor. Oktri responded promptly and gave us a great deal. We stayed at the Garden Villa which has a huge private pool for 3 nights and then in the Bamboo Villa for the last night. Right from the moment we stepped in, we were made to feel at home. The staff is extremely friendly and warm. Purist has a small but breath taking property and I loved all the extra personal attention we got which isn't usually possible in a big resort. Both the rooms we stayed in were very aesthetically done right down to the minute details.
The food was excellent. We had to fill out a form choosing from myriad options for breakfast each night. I am vegetarian and Oktri went out of her way to accommodate my requests. Our package included a romantic dinner in our villa. The staff lit candles all around the pool and then brought us a delicious 4 course meal served at the pool side. What can i say, I was so pampered at Purist, I still talk about it often to people. Their spa was amazing as well and we really enjoyed our couple massage.
There is nothing I would want to change about my stay at the Purist and I hope i get a chance to visit Bali soon to experience their hospitality again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located four minutes’ drive from Ubud centre, The Purist Villas is a design-inspired oasis of calm. A collection of seventeen unique and spacious luxury residences, villas, and suites, most with private swimming pools, complimented by an elevated wellness centre, poolside restaurant and lounge areas. Contemporary and Indonesian architecture has been thoughtfully combined, well-furnished, and styled with a large and valuable collection of fine textiles and Indonesian artefacts. Owner-designers Yvonne Hulst and Alberto Cortes, together with architect Joost van Grieken have created a most spectacular villa resort, a beautiful estate, in harmony with the landscape of the lush valley of the Tawar river. Featuring an eclectic palette of materials, including recycled wood, lava & limestone, green river stones, and authentic artefacts from years of traveling the Indonesian archipelago. Balisimo restaurant, situated poolside in the peaceful Purist environment, honours the slow food philosophy. Fresh, organic produce prepared by an experienced team of Chefs results in a collection of healthy and delicious seasonal menus. The devoted and well-trained team of dedicated Butlers are intuitive to guests needs, establishing the Purist villas excellent reputation for superior, attentive service. The Purist Spa offers a range of blissful Ayurvedic treatments and uses high-end Sensatia products; Ayurveda is the ancient Indian philosophy of healing and wellbeing, focusing on re-balancing energy. The Purist's meditation and yoga therapists are finely attuned to the practice of working with energy, having mastered the art of mindful touch. The Purist Villas have brought a new benchmark of luxury boutique villa resort accommodation to Ubud and should not be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com and Ctrip TA so you can book your The Purist Villas and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Purist Villas Hotel Ubud
- The Purist Villas And Spa Ubud, Bali