“Beautiful Hill Villa!!”

The Purist Villas and Spa
Ranked #11 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed 2 nights in the Hill Villa and absolutely loved it! The staff was very nice and helped us with everything we needed. The breakfast was incredible with a ton if choices and we also had lunch in our villa, which was fantastic. The menu was lovely and wie wish we stayed longer to try some of the health drinks they offer or spa treatments. We were absolutely blown away when we first walked in. It was huge!! And so gorgeous! It would sleep 4 comfortably, although there were only 2 of us. We enjoyed the pool and palapa during the day. We did have a bit of an issue with food delivery. It was about 30 minutes late for dinner and about 20-25 minutes late for breakfast. We had a flight to catch that morning and it made us run late. We thought for $450+ a night, our food should have been delivered in a timely manner. This is the only reason why we did not give this villa 5 stars. Also be aware that bugs, mosquitoes and lizards do get in the villa (there are open doors everywhere) so I do not recommend this villa if you are not a nature person. The mosquito net around the bed was a nice touch! I highly recommend this villa if you're looking for star treatment and a private retreat in Ubud!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank taccoleo

Reviewed 14 March 2012

Yes, the property is lovely (we stayed at the Hill villa) but it's the people who made the whole experience perfect.

I am really bad with names and faces so forgive me for not mentioning them all. I hope the property owner realizes what priceless assets he has in Mr Suegeng, Ms Oktri, Mr Gede and all the butlers (Antara - what a beautiful name).

My teenaged son had his first massage ever and I can only conclude that the therapist has magical hands because his stiff shoulders disappeared after the treatment.

Room Tip: All the villas are lovely. The reason I went for the hill was for the 2nd bedroom and the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tina L
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We didn't want to leave! Can't recommend it highly enough. Accommodation, service, food - all superb. We were a family of 5 - 2 adults and 3 children and we took the River Residence - right by the main pool (which may as well have been our own private pool). Nothing was ever a problem for the staff - a special thanks to the butlers and Oktri and Gede at the front desk. We look forward to coming back soon!

Room Tip: River Residence works really well for families with older children who don't need to be in the s...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2012

From the initial welcome to the almost tearful departure we were looked after with the best service imaginable. This was a really great stay and I would recomend it to anybody and everybody.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Firstly, I would like to thank the Purist for an out of the world experience. The Purist stands for perfection. It's the best place I have ever stayed in. Everything is so well thought-out and they love pampering you and serving you like you are royalty. Also a special thanks to our butlers and Agus in particular who helped me plan the most romantic candlelight dinner.

Airport pickup was good. Cold towels, drinking water were very welcome after a long flight into Bali. Upon arrival we were welcomed by quite a few staff and taken straight to our room where our welcome drinks waited. Our afternoon tea was served and it was only then that we were asked for our passports etc. to finish check-in formalities. Nothing too great but knowing that they understand that all you want after a long flight is a warm welcome and not a bunch of paperwork does say a lot about what service you can expect for the rest of your trip. We made spa reservations and all I can say is a lovely massage after a long flight feels like heaven. We came back from the spa to find our room turned down with flowers in the tub and a bottle of sparkling wine. That was the end to our first day.

Breakfast on all 3 days was amaaaaaazing. Candle light dinner in our villa was fantastic. Agus, our butler, helped me place a basket of flowers in the trees which I could pull down to surprise my wife and cover her in rose petals. The dinner in itself was very nicely cooked and tasted great. Afternoon tea is a delight. I miss the Balinese sweets that they offered. Complimentary shuttle service into Ubud was great as well. The butlers always helped us make reservation when we went to eat into town.

Alberto, the resort owner was extremely happy to chat with us for a bit and the resort exhibits the same warmth that his smile and personality do.

I can go on and on about why this resort was so awesome. But I guess you need to stay here to understand that. There is something about this place that I cannot describe in words. It is just a feeling that I am glad I could experience.

Room Tip: Garden Room!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple