Open today: 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Incredible Massage

It was so peaceful. Everyone was friendly and helpful. But mostly, the massage was INCREDIBLE. I... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 17 May 2020
smichelle01
We had a great time!

Thanks for a great service, we really had a great time and a relaxing massage. Hope to see you... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 23 March 2020
mdjavier
Luzon, Philippines

Recommended experiences in and around Ubud
from US$ 46.16
from US$ 51.29
from US$ 12.00
1,909 results
All reviews balinese massage fruit body mask hair treatment great massage full body massage hot stone massage welcome drink pure bliss fell asleep massage room foot massage bath scrub masseuse karma pressure
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 April 2010

During my trip to Ubud I stopped by Sang Spa based on reviews from tripadvisor and was very satisfied with my treatment there. The massage made me feel completely relaxed and the service was very professional from the the (FREE!) pick-up service to the after-massage ginger tea!! The owners of this spa just opened a new facility up the street that is much larger than their current location and I look forward to visiting them there.... highly recommended!!

Reviewed 19 April 2010

We went to Sang Spa 4 out of the 7 days we were in Ubud. I was hooked after the first one! We had the combination massage (Balinese massage + reflexology) and that is just heaven! I remember thinking that it was the most comprehensive massage I've ever had. I do prefer a heavier hand when it comes to massage, and all the therapists I had delivered.

It's a small, local spa so don't expect luxury spa facilities but it's a great value and I found the place quite comfortable and relaxing. We also checked out their new location down the street and while it was not quite finished, is definitely larger and has a more open feel. What Sang Spa seems to be all about is friendly service and AMAZING massages!

1  Thank jeryllea
Reviewed 8 April 2010

Bottom line, our experience was a huge huge huge disappointment.

- First, we’re picked up half an hour late by the staff even after they’ve promised they would pick us up on time through email. We had waited for 15 mins after the agreed time but the pick up still hadn't arrived. Thank God i had their phone number and i had to call them, then they came to pick us up. Hence, we’re late for our treatment for almost 30mins. We found out later that there's a couple who had to walk to the spa and it's also because the staff forgot to pick them up. So, i strongly recommend other visitors to write down their phone number and call them 15 mins before your appointment jst in case they forget to pick you up. This is to avoid it being used as an excuse to cut short your treatments which happened to us exactly.

- Secondly, 2 out of 4 people (we’re all having same treatments) didn't receive all treatments that were supposed to be provided, jst so that they could move on to next customers. We felt cheated and angry. I repeat, cheated and angry. Too bad we only found out abt this after we left the spa. Otherwise, we would definitely tell them off.

- Thirdly, my mom was having her massage halfway when she was forced to move from the treatment room half naked to the hairdressing room which was outside. I repeat, half naked to outside. Can you believe it?! My mom already refused but the female boss insisted. Again, just for the sake of moving on to the next customer.

Well, enough said. We originally thought we’re pleased with everything and happily filled in the questionnaire forms while we’re there by giving it perfect scores, but soon after we left the spa we realized we’re cheated. We didn't have any time to talk abt it over there cos we're told to move all around places cos of the very small limited space. It caused a lot of confusion and miscomfort. How could you call moving around the places during your treatments as a relaxing and pure indulgence experience , I don't know. We understand it's a budget spa, but still...all of those mistreatments were not supposed to happen, no matter how budgety the spa is. The questionnaire basically asked about the treatments, staffs, cleanliness etc etc, which were fine. However, had we found out abt the cheating before we left, we would not have definitely given any perfect scores. They will open to a new location which they say it's bigger. Will we come back to Sang Spa? Not at all. First impression lasts the longest and we don't want to make the same mistakes ever again. There are heaps more spas in Ubud which are much much better. Money is never the problem. It’s the experience that counts!!! And they certainly did not provide that to us! What a shame!

2  Thank Poiki
sangspa, Owner at Sang Spa and Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2010

First of all I would like to gratefully thank to the trip advisor that allows me to write a response.
Since we have been offering free pick ups in the Ubud area, we have never been late or forgotten to pick up any clients, I recently confirmed this with all of our drivers at our team meeting.
My wife who was in charge at the time tried to explain and apologize that we could not use the steamer for facial because of electric problem. The body massage for everybody in the client’s group was a normal length, it was not being cut short at all for sure, all of the group looked happy and everything was fine at the time.

We have a standard operating procedure for all treatments as well as hair treatment, it is customary to be wearing a sarong so it exposes the neck, hand and shoulder as they have additional massage for the hand, neck and shoulder with the treatment, we have never had a problem or complaint from our customers for this procedure, most spas in Bali they have the same standard procedure for this. Soon, we have more space for more clients, will be grand opening the new place in June 2010.
The customers satisfaction is the most essential for all services. we always do our best

Reviewed 2 April 2010

I stumbled upon Sang Spa by accident but it was meant to be because after travelling throughout SE Asia for over 4 months it was by far the best spa I had been to. The staff were so friendly, professional and knowledgeable. The actual spa was clean, comfortable and the products used were good quality. The treatments were fabulous and the staff made ever effort to ensure my experience was 5 star. I would highly recommend Sang Spa if you're visiting Ubud, it's well worth it - treat yourself! I can't wait to get back there. Thank you for a wonderful massage, facial and manicure - the best I've ever had!

Reviewed 22 March 2010

My wife and I had our first Balinese massages side-by-side at the Sang Spa. During our two-week stay in Bali we ended up going to many different Spas, and my Sang Spa massage ended up being in the top 3 of the best. The bodyworkers were skilled and the setting was very nice. I would definitely go back next time I'm in Ubud.

I found one negative review about this spa here on trip-advisor, and have to say I side with the spa. People who come late for appointments have no right to complain about not getting everything they ask for, they should realize that there are people in line after them, who came on time and want their spa treatment too! Also, wearing a sarong is hardly half naked. It's pretty much standard dress for Bali.

1  Thank Douglas W