Open today: 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Incredible Massage

It was so peaceful. Everyone was friendly and helpful. But mostly, the massage was INCREDIBLE. I... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 17 May 2020
smichelle01
We had a great time!

Thanks for a great service, we really had a great time and a relaxing massage. Hope to see you... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 23 March 2020
mdjavier
Luzon, Philippines

Recommended experiences in and around Ubud
from US$ 46.16
from US$ 51.29
from US$ 12.00
1,909 results
All reviews balinese massage fruit body mask hair treatment great massage full body massage hot stone massage welcome drink pure bliss fell asleep massage room foot massage bath scrub masseuse karma pressure
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 October 2009

SANg Spa is not one of those nicely packaged type of spa experience. It is, however, one of those genuinely nice, comfortable and relax experience. The spa is housed in basic, yet clean and decent cottages. The staff are truly nice and try to make everyone comfortable. The price is extremely worth it, considering the overall warmth and the staff skills in delivering a good massage. As they do not have a large place/large setup, do book early to avoid disappointment. They were fully booked when we were there in September/October.

2  Thank tanys
Reviewed 5 September 2009

My husband and I just got back to Singapore from Bali last week and we stayed at Ubud and Nusa Dua area. SANg Spa is the 1st place we visit on our first day arriving in Bali. Well, basically it means that we are really into massage and spa, and we love it. We saw some reviews on the web and decided to book a slot through email. I must say that it is not for those who look for 5-star treatment. However, with the price that you are paying, it is really worth while if you are looking for a humble place and good massage. We took the couple room and it was pretty good. I would suggest to go either in the early morning or later in the late afternoon like we did. It will be cooler at that time since there is no aircond or fan. Its all about natural air.

4  Thank Jee09
Reviewed 31 August 2009

Recently my 12 year old daughter and I had the pleasure of experiencing 6 wonderful hours at SANg Spa.
Yes it is off the beaten track, yes it is humble and yes perhaps it is not for everyone. For us though it was a magical day.
We had a full body massage, body scrub and mask, a shower with yoghurt a bath , then began our facial which was just beautiful. After that we were served some lunch and then onto our manicure and pedicure. We were picked up and dropped off. All this for under $50.00 Aus. What more could you ask for.
We would recommend SANg Spa any day of the week.
Lisa and Chelsea Perth Western Australia

1  Thank memorykeepers
Reviewed 30 August 2009

Sang Spa is a place to feel the positive heart-generated energy of the Sang employees during your massage. I need to take exception to some of the negative comments on this blog. These massages are about $8/hour because the spa is in a small building and neighborhood representative of how a Balinese might live; if you live in Suburbia and drive an SUV at home in the western world and appreciate a 5 Star Spa sterile facility go to the Four Seasons for $85/hour. If you want the same massage as the 4 Seasons for 1/10th the price, i.e. one of the reasons you're probably going to Ubud, go to Sang. Over 2 weeks i received massages from many of the therapists. Unlike other spas in Ubud, Ngurah has trained all therapists to give a standardized massage that has been passed down through the generations in his family from their hearts. The massages i got in August 2009 were the same style i received when Sang Spa was new in May 2008 from Ngurah and Asti back when they were the only ones giving massages. Thanks to Trip Advisor, they now have 8-11 therapists but the beauty is that they're passing on Ngurah's same traditional massage, it's coming from the heart because Ngurah treats them well, probably better than the ones at 4 Seasons (e.g. at Sang they're allowed to keep their tips...not so at all Ubud spas), and each therapist adds their own unique touch. Sorry guys, but I got my first manicure and pedicure of my life from Asti and Sri and loved it. Sang is run by Ngurah and Asti, their cousins and friends, it's one big family. Yes, it can seem busy in the lobby because they don't feel good about turning people away. Consider meeting people from around the world, for 2 hours in the tight lobby getting my mani/pedi i met folks from Lausane, Amsterdam, Paris, Singapore, Johannesburg, Austin, and Bordeaux. Give them the year they need to build the new bigger spa. In the meantime, pretend you're at the United Nations and smile.

1  Thank TheZenGuy
Reviewed 11 August 2009

I pretty much did every single treatment they have at SanG spa, and I loved every single one of them!
First of all, everyone who works there is genuinely friendly, nice and helpful, and they try to make you feel as comfortable and relaxed as possible.
Then, the massages are just a dream, the body scrub makes you feel 5 years younger, and the cream hair bath makes your hair incredibly shoft and shiny...I love it.
The spa itself is small, but nice and clean, a true oasis. You may see hundreds of spas in Ubud while you're there, but watch out - most treatments offered (apart from the massages, they're pretty good everywhere) aren't performed by specialists, especially manicures and pedicures are hardly ever done well (except at SanG spa, that is). Some places are not too clean, either, and I got the impression that some of the therapist have not really been doing their job for too long...so if you want to be safe, choose SanG spa!