Komaneka at Bisma
US$ 531
US$ 719
US$ 541
2,062 results
All reviewsapple tvstraw hatsmonkey forestafternoon teainfinity poolhuge balconywalk in closetthe riverwelcome homerice fieldsour honeymoonone bedroom pool villabedtime storyneka museumsuite roomturn down serviceshuttle service
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Komaneka at Bisma is beautiful and deserve all the praises made by previous comments. But what make it really stand out are the staff and services. To say "they have exceptional service" is simply an understatement.

We experienced one incident that was very dramatic and almost like a movie plot. On the final day when we checked out, a group of tourists (4 large families) had just checked out and were waiting for their car in the lobby. The staff therefore took us aside to a quieter corner to do the paper work while keeping our luggage for us. The big tourist group left shortly after, and 15 min later, our driver arrived to take us to the airport. It was at that time that we realized that the big tour group had taken one of our trunks with them! One of the front desk staff, Kusuma, immediately decided that he would ride a motorcycle to chase the group since he could remember the license plate number and since there was only one way to the airport. As we headed to the airport in our car, he rode the motorcycle at faster speed ahead of us, at the same time the ladies at the front desk were trying to chase down the tour group's driver and his phone number. The drive by car to the airport usually takes 1.5 hr without traffic. 20 minutes later, Kusuma called our driver and met us by the roadside. The front desk was able to contact the tour group's driver. It turned out that the big group did not go to the airport. Their flight would not leave until 8 hours later. Therefore they were heading to the rice paddie on the opposite direction from the airport. Kusuma wrote down our hotel information in Bangkok and told us that he would go to fetch our luggage at the rice paddie and try to deliver to the airport. If he could not make it, he will for sure send the luggage directly to our Bangkok hotel by whatever means possible. As we continued on to the airport, our driver told us that there was no way for a car to make it (as the traffic around Ubud is notoriously bad). The only possible way to go from the rice paddie to airport in 1 hr is by motorcycle at a high speed, and that was to assume that he could locate the big group immediately and retrieve the luggage. But then the luggage was too big to be carried on a motorcycle--sounds like a mission impossible! At the airport, we explained the situation to Thai Airway people, and they promised us to be on the lookout for it. We waited and waited for the phone call, but it never came. 30 minutes before taking off, as we arrived at the boarding gate, a group of Thai Airway people and the airport security guard were waiting for us and right there, miraculously, was our luggage! They said that the Komaneka hotel man (Kusuma, we think) had just arrived with the luggage by motorcycle, and the airline and security people immediately delivered it to the gate just in time for our departure. Needless to say, we were completely speechless--just imaging how Kusuma accomplished a round-the-island chase for our luggage and delivered it to the airport against all odds! That is not all. The next morning, he called us at our hotel in Bangkok to make sure that we had received the luggage. The phrase "exceptional service" really cannot adequately describe what Kusuma and his colleagues did for us.

Aside from the dramatic episode, we really had a wonderful time in Komaneka and Bali. World-class spa, beautifully and tastefully designed ground, friendly staff in the restaurant and the ever-available staff who drove us around town all contributed to the best vacation. As my daughter, who has been to over 10 countries in the world, summarized: This is the best place I have been to and it is really sad to leave. We will surely come back. Thank you, Kusuma and everyone at Komaneka at Bisma!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank travel-world-mom
Reviewed 16 July 2012

You could not ask for a better place to spend your hard earned money. I travel a lot and I don't believe I have ever been treated so personable anywhere. From the moment I arrived the staff made me feel like I was royalty. The room was emaculate, the food on a scale from 1 to 10 was a 20, the whole experience will never be forgotten. I am telling everyone I know who are planning a vacation to go to the Komaneka Bisma. I visited another Komaneka not too far from where I was staying, and the staff was very polite, but I did notice a difference in the level of attention to the guest. The staff made me feel like I was on Fantasy Island because no matter what I requested someone made it happen. It was as if I was dreaming. My fiance couldn't stop raving about the spa. She booked a spa session every day of our trip. We walked the grounds and everything was orderly and clean. Impressive beyond words. I missed these guys as soon as started packing to leave. I can't wait to see them again real soon.

Room Tip: The view from the 2nd floor is breathtaking and overlooks the infinity pool and rice paddies. Very romantic.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RPlant
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We had the most wonderful stay at komaneka at bisma. Our pool villa had the most amazing views, the staff were wonderful, nothing was too much trouble, it was a lovely relaxing stay. you can hear the sound of running water from all over the hotel from the river below. We will definetly be going back to komaneka.

Room Tip: Pool villa was wonderful
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2012

After much research, my husband & I actually booked reservations at Komaneka at Tanggayuda for our anniversary. That location was beautiful and we were well received by both the hotel manager and our personal "butler". However, the manager at the Tanggayuda location informed us that there was construction going on next door, and if we wanted to move to their Bisma location instead, they would honor that request. Since we were looking forward to just relaxing at the hotel (not sightseeing during these few days), we went to check out the Bisma location - and immediately fell in love with the place. As guilty as we felt for leaving our new "friendly staff friends", the Bisma location was slightly larger and offered more "lounging" opportunities.

During our stay, we were treated like royalty! VERY friendly service (and we come from Hawaii, where customer service is supposed to be top-notch) with a staff who went out of their way to accommodate any of our requests. Let them know if you're there for a special occasion. Because it was our anniversary, they made us a special cake for breakfast and gave us good-bye gifts as well!

This location was larger than Tanggayuda, so no personal butler...hehe. But beautiful view from our lanai and the entire grounds of the hotel were gorgeous and well kept. They offer a shuttle service among the different Komaneka locations and the Neka Art Museum (which you can get into for free if you're a Komaneka guest). The food is wonderful - breakfast and tea time are included. And "tea time" can be taken at any of the 4 locations. There are 2 pools, a few bars and spa at the hotel so you really don't need to go anywhere! Overall, fantastic service and we will ALWAYS visit a Komaneka hotel during our future Bali trips!

Room Tip: No bad rooms here. All have amazing views - even the suites (vs. the villas).
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Whist this hotel is exceptionally beautiful, the staff are wonderful. The hotel offers a booklet on their history and their staff stories, and its obvious that the culture of the hotel is strong. Staff were always eager to please and smiling, and the service ethic was strong.

The manager at one of the other hotels they own was an exceptional PR person for the hotels, giving my wife and i a guided tour around.

Of course they have amazing facilities, each room looking onto the mountain and its a lovely place to be at night. Its a touch out of town but the shuttle bus is regular enough not to make it too big a deal.

All in all a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: If you can spend the dough, go the pool room for at least one night.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple