My husband and I decided on travelling to Ubud for our 1 year wedding anniversary, and after reading the reviews about Sri Ratih, we decided to give it a go. We were aware of the ongoing construction work that was being done at the place so we were prepared for the expected "noise".
However, upon arriving, all that worry went out the window and even the unsightliness of the construction work at the entrance really didn't put us off at all! The rest of the hotel looked fine to us, it was so scenic and peaceful. Lots of trees and it felt cosy as well.
Right from the start we felt very welcomed as the staff brought us cold drinks and wet towels and the front desk staff, with their soft-spoken politeness, checked us in quickly. They had the courtesy to inform us that the room we had was a twin-bed one, but they were very quick to offer to check us into a room with a queen-sized bed the next day if we wanted to. We honestly weren't really fussy about it so we said we'll decide once we see the room/beds. (We ended up staying in that room anyway throughout bcos it was comfortable enough after pushing the two beds together)
The room itself was roomy enough for two, and the bathroom was spacious. It had an open-air feel to it as there were plants and natural sunlight seeping in a little. The first thing that puzzled us about the bathroom was how high the mirror was placed at the sink. My husband's at least 180cm tall and even he could only see his face and nothing more, while I had to tip-toe only to be able to view half my face. (I'm about 160cm tall) That inconvenienced us a little. Also the bathroom could do with hooks or something to hang our towels or clothes.
Anyways, other than that, the facilities provided were adequate (mini fridge, tv with 2 movie channels, air-con, clean towels that's frequently changed, cupboard with some hangers).
The swimming pool is lovely and pool towels are provided.
What we liked about Sri Ratih was its close proximity to the shops and eateries. It's about 10-15mins walk. However, be prepared to do a bit of walking up a steep slope back to Sri Ratih. (This of course wouldn't be a worry if you decide to rent a motorbike during your stay).
Overall it has been a lovely stay at Sri Ratih, and we enjoyed ourselves very much with the many things Ubud has to offer. Thanks very much for making our first trip there memorable!
Stayed on 20th-26th March 2012
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set among the rice paddy fields of Penestanan, Sri Ratih cottages features a charming secluded Balinese hotel with large garden offering a heaven of peace and tranquility. Yet only few minutes drive to many restaurants, galleries and shops in Ubud town center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and HostelWorld so you can book your Sri Ratih Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sri Ratih Cottages Hotel Ubud
- Sri Ratih Cottages Ubud, Bali