“I was expecting a little more...”
Review of Scape Condotel

Scape Condotel
Ranked #72 of 82 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I can't really compare this place to much as it was the only place I stayed in Bali.
I booked after reading so many great reviews of this place, and I have to admit I was a little disappointed. We had transfers from the airport which cost 150,000 Rupiah which I would recommend because it is hard to find. If you decide you want cheaper transport, the place is located behind the CINNAMON RESTAURANT, just walk strait through the restaurant and it will bring you to reception.
The place itself is quite handy as it is big and has some cooking facilities, I was hoping for an oven or at least a toaster!! A toaster would have been fantastic and I nearly bought one for the few days we were there. Would be good for families, although not sure if they provide extra beds... the daybed/lounge was big enough though.
The stairway have a very very mouldy smell and beyond further inspection, there is mould throughout the place. The pictures show the place a lot newer than it actually is, and I found it somewhat run down. In saying that, I was still happy with the place, I just expected better.
Location is good, however a long walk to the beach, if I stay in Sanur again (not likely), I would pay more to get a place on the beach. (One driver gave me a tip, walk through the resorts that extend towards the beach, and if anyone asks, you're going to the Resort's restaurant, unfortunately I only learnt of this the day I left). Make sure you shop only at Hardy's, the stalls will rip you off, Hardy'sis very very cheap. Catch the green vans for very a very cheap ride down the street.
The pool is nice, but small and only quite shallow.
The cinnamon restaurant was very handy with great food and right on your doorstep. TV is all pretty much in Indonesian, however you don't go to Bali to watch tv, and my son was happy enough to watch Indonesian cartoons while he ate his breakfast.
If you are happy with the location and don't plan on going to the beach everyday then by all means stay here, the price is good for what it is compared to what I saw online.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank equinny

Reviewed 23 October 2011

We have stayed at Sape on numerous occassions & found the location acceptable & quiet, close to resturants & only 5 to 10 minutes walk to the beach. The Villas have a small cooking facility which enables you to prepare small snack type meals & with Hardy's Supermarket a short distance away offering a good range of food & grocery items the holiday maker is well catered for. Laundry facilities are available next door to S'cape at very reasonable prices so all in all makes for a pleasant & less expensive holiday. It may not be 5 star but it is excellent value for money but bookings are difficult due to it's popularity so be quick! .

Room Tip: Rooms on the northern side avoid the late afternoon sun
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Reading comments here and thus stay; however, finally I have a different view with the others.
I am quite disappointed to stay here and would be no more.
Be frank, the location is alright, located in the middle of the main street, 15 minutes walk to the supermarket and lots of nice restaurants and bars nearby. The hotel is behind Cinnamon restaurant so that I can stay away from the noise. This is not bad for relaxing.
However, what is disappointing are the facilities and environments. It doesn't meet the basic requirement of what a hotel should be.

1>First of all, there is no hook for hanging stuff, no soap for washing in bathroom.
2>Secondly, the smell around the kitchenette is disgusting. There are spots on the kitchen utensils as well.
3>Thirdly, I really can't figure out why the tube water smells rust... it's weird... Really feel think there must be better choices to stay and this one, to me, no more!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2011

At first this condotel is hard to find. It is hidden behind Cinnamon restaurant. But boy, this condotel turns out tp be our second home.
I travelled with a toddler, which means We haveto consider travelling time from our hotel to kids attraction. It took us only 25-35 minutes to Bali Bird Park and Bali Safari. Findingrestaurants should also not bea problem. Many restaurants with quite high standards are within walking distance. When my baby is too tired for going out at night, it comes very handy to have several strolls of restaurant to go to.
Room is very cleanand spacious. Just one disadvantage, the queen bed is not enough for 2 adults and one baby. And the extra bed is so hard to sleep on. But you can still sleep on the sofa bed.
Each room is facing the pool and garden, which is great. My dauhter loves to lie ain the gaZebo during morning.
Oh yes, another minor minus. We kept on waking earlier than we expect because a chicken's sound in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2011

We stayed in 09 we chose it because it is next to our favorite restaurant (The Beach Cafe) and gave us discounts to eat there.

But it's perfect for relaxing!! We go to Bali every year and this was one of our most relaxing trips.

It's very quiet (apart from the rooster in the morning - I suggest ear plugs) the pool was perfect and the trees gave you part shaded areas.

We had everything we needed - filled the fridge with bread talk and ice creams put on a DVD and made our selves very comfortable on the big lounge.

My only negative would be that the stairs are VERY steep (but hey that's Bali for you)

• Stayed: July 2010