1,791 results
All reviews middle pool deluxe room swim up bar wantilan restaurant garden room beach pool beach wing rooms main pool new wing three monkeys the main road egg station an upgrade sanur beach great resort relaxing holiday buffet breakfast
Reviewed 6 January 2016

We booked this lovely hotel for our last night in Bali because it was somewhat near Denpasar and because we had just spent the previous 3 nights in Nusa Lembongan and the boat brought us back to Sanur. Sanur has never been among my favorite spots in Bali, but after researching places to stay in town on TA, we luckily chose Griya. Honestly, I don't understand how anyone could fault them for anything! The location is ideal, right on the beach but a short walk into town should you need any supplies. The grounds are stunningly beautiful, with various local trees identified and beautiful carvings everywhere you looked. There are two pools, one of which has underwater stools so you can sit at the bar for a Bintang or even eat without dragging yourself out of the perfect-temp water. Free bicycles are yours for riding along the water (or into town). The only small complaint I have is that, when we showered just before we took off for the airport, around 6 pm, there wasn't sufficient hot water for even one shower, let alone two. But for the very reasonable price of this hotel, that was a small price to pay.

Room tip: You can choose either a downstairs or upstairs room; all have either porches or balconies.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank cscgesp
griyasantriansanur, Manager at Griya Santrian, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2016

Dear cscgesp

Om Swastiastu

Thank you for your nice feedback of your recent stay at our resort. It is a pleasure to have you stay here. We are glad you had wonderful experience and you found our services were up to your satisfaction. Our resort is proud to present our true Balinese heritage in all elements of our resort.
Much appreciate your praises and we definitely hope to meet with you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 January 2016

We loved our stay at this resort after booking at the last minute when our other plans fell through. We paid AUD$150 a night for a deluxe room (third floor of new wing) with breakfast. It was worth every cent. The room was a good standard for a four/five star hotel - well appointed and comfortable. The pools and gardens are the highlight of the resort - with three different pool areas, we always managed to find relative privacy. Breakfast was good, with the bonus of efficient, friendly service. The location, on the beachfront of Sanur, couldn't be better.

The only letdowns were fairly minor hassles at the spa and the poolside restaurant. Re the spa - I didn't like that it was in an open hut without air-conditioning, but I suspect you could ask for in-room service. I won't mention the treatment I had so I don't identify the staff member - but it was substandard for the price and I felt like the staff member was working me for a tip (ie telling me how much she loved pizza but couldn't afford to buy one etc etc).. I understand the economy in Bali means workers get paid a pittance, but the resort needs to pay their staff well above the average so they aren't desperate for tips. You can get much better treatments at the Ayuya Spa (at the Sindhu markets) for a fraction of the price and in air-conditioned comfort and privacy.

Re the poolside restaurant - the service was pretty slack. We waited 45 mins for our simple lunch order for two, before discovering that the staff member hadn't submitted it to the kitchen. When the food finally arrived, it was fine but not worth the wait. There are dozens of other dining choices around, but it's disappointing the restaurant isn't worthy of this great resort.

But don't let these minor criticisms stop you from choosing the Griya. All in all, a terrific resort and one I'd highly recommend.

Date of stay: January 2016
2  Thank Janda_Vasey

Dear Janda_Vasey

Om Swastiastu

Thank you for sharing your feedback during your recent stay with us.
Delighted that you found our rooms and general property to your expectation.

We have well noted your inputs regarding our service and deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused at the time. Please be assured we have brought this matter to our management for improvement, so your next visit, we hope you will be satisfied with the progress we made.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

What a great place to stay. It reminded me of Bali of old quiet and homely. We booked the santrian suite which was spacious and clean, it even looked like the photos. Breakfast was ample we usually ate early so always found a table. The last day we came later at 9 had to wait for a table and line up for eggs but who cares it's Bali and the view from brekky superb. The only negative we found was that they offered afternoon tea which was non existent, and hard to get, then they offered us what was left over from where. Not too much of an issue as bakeries just outside the gate. A special thank you to Citra who looked after our reservation, thanks for organising everything we loved our time at Griya.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank CherylleePerth

Dear CherylleePerth

Om Swastiastu

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Griya Santrian and for taking the time to share your experience here on Trip Advisor.

We are sorry for your experience regarding the afternoon tea, had we known we would have immediately offered compensation. We have informed the department of the issue and hope during your next visit you will be satisfied with the progress we have made. Will also inform your kind words to Citra.

Again thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 January 2016

I visited the Griya in November, They are my faraway family. I had been in Indonesia previously, volunteering at a school. Staying in private accommodation with a host family. It was wonderful. I came back home , unknowing I had contracted an infection ,so we think.
I went on my usually holiday to the Griya ,feeling a bit tired. I thought it was due to my busy teaching schedule before.
Dewi, in the Administration has always checked on my well being, as do all the staff, I told her I was not feeling very well after my second day. Dewi...insisted I call the hotel doctor and after my sister and brother-in-law conferred I did.
My blood pressure 63/30 , I had Septic shock! .the hotel doctor was amazing, I was booked into a private hospital,very well looked after by the hotel and sent to hospital. It was not the major hospital, but a smaller private hospital with fantastic specialist and care.
Griya Santrian, sent me beautiful flowers, part of the Administration Team came to actually visit me and they promised to keep my room for me.
They could have rebooked my room!
The specialist Dr allowed me to return to the Griya Sanitrian after 5 days
I have never had so many "mothers": in the hotel insisting on my care, diet and well being.
I had a special lunch prepared for me as I could not eat. I was constantly checked by all the staff ,from the pool attendant, housekeeping and management. I was able to rest and recuperate because the Dr had faith in the hotel. I could of died...
No words can every repay the help, love and compassion I was given by the Griya Santrian. My room was beautiful when I returned , I was treated so special it made me cry.
I am indebted to you for once again showing humility and love.....Jen

Room tip: Just be thankful, grateful for the love and warmth
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
6  Thank jennifer m

Dear Jennifer M

Om Swastiastu

It is praises like your that make us very happy as a resort that cares for each guest like a family.
We are genuinely concerned for your well being, and hope you enjoyed the remaining time of your holiday here. We are truly happy that you had a speedy recovery and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 31 December 2015

Stayed here over the Christmas hols with the wife.We thought we would give the griya a go after having stopped at the puri santrian on a number of occasions previously. We were allocated a garden room on the first floor which had loads of floor space but could have done with a bit more wardrobe space.But in general was a nice room.Beach was lovely lots of loungers
available.Only downsides of the place for us was the grounds was not as tidy as the puri or some the staff as pleasent.But in general we had a great stay.We loved the huge array of restaurants at this end of sanur.We particular liked the village restaurant eating there on a number of occasions and never left dissapointed once.Would stay here again when we return as the downsides are only minor ones and had no effect on a wonderful holiday.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank astonboy

Dear Astonboy

Om Swastiastu

Thank you for staying with Griya Santrian and for taking the time to share your experience here on Trip Advisor.

Glad to know that you had a very good holiday with us and got the same experience as staying with our sister company, Puri Santrian. We try and provide various culinary experiences to our guests with our Indonesian buffet night, meat & seafood BBQ and jazz night every biweekly, suited to all tastes.

Appreciate your praises and we hope to be able welcome you again at Griya Santrian during your next visit to Bali.