All reviews belgian couple owners live on site the main road pool area small hotel superior room huge bed bit dated lovely hotel beautiful pool couple of nights busy road upstairs room bali bungalow massage danau
Reviewed 31 March 2016

The room was spacious if rather dated, the housekeeping standard was good, the location is convenient, the pool is pleasant, but there is just something "off" about the hotel. Not helped by the fact that on arrival after a long flight you have to walk up steep stairs to reception, and then immediately walk down the other side to go to the rooms. Weird. We returned to Sanur later in our trip, but chose another hotel.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2016

We have been staying at the Tamukami since it opened about 16 years ago. We love the fact that it is a small hotel and so it is very friendly with a variety of guests from all parts of the world. The staff are great and will go that extra mile to make your stay enjoyable. The rooms are really roomy and comfortable. Breakfast is not buffet but it has a very extensive variety of breakfasts to suit everyone. The restaurant is priced very reasonably and it has a very good menu with specials everyday. A set menu will cost $8.00. This is a 4 course meal plus a welcome drink, so it offers guests the option of staying in without the normal high costs of hotel dining. They also have live music 3 times a week. Tours can be booked from the hotel if you wish to look around the island. We love it and have booked for 4 weeks in August once again. Thank you to all the staff and owner at Tamukami for always making our holiday so great.

Room Tip: Ground floor units have easy access to the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank phantomrose101
Reviewed 12 March 2016

This hotel on the surface was beautiful, homely and welcoming. The gardens were a pleasure to see and the room was spacious. The air conditioning worked wonderfully although the bathroom had no glass in the window which meant when you came out of the shower and into the main room it was too cold.
Then it all changed.....
The little fridge in the room kept cutting out and on a few occasions in the night we had water all over the floor which could have been lethal on a tiled floor. We took no precautions after that and put towels down before we went to sleep.
The breakfast was adequate but basic although the English breakfast wasn't an English breakfast as we know it. There was only one slice of toast, one sausage and either one slice of ham OR one fatty piece of bacon. There was no cereal but instead four small slices/pieces of fruit. The pineapple was always a cut from the end of the pineapple and just around the core. The chef was seen to sneeze into the palm of his hand one morning!
The owners of the hotel were on the grounds constantly in an uncomfortable manner. The man/husband spoke very little English but always seemed polite in his odd little way however the wife/woman was one of the reasons I would not return. She was a cold, unwelcoming person. She never greeted us just nodded. I swam past her in the pool whilst she was at the side and the cold looks she gave me went right through me. I was on my way to see where the library was one day, that’s all I was doing, seeing where it was and she shouted out “Hello, hello!!” I turned and she said “Where are you going?” I said to see where the library was. She somehow presumed I was going to sit on an upholstered chair or damage some furniture and said I couldn’t go there as I was still wet from the pool. I felt like I was in a prison. She was totally wrong and that was the only time I heard her both speak to me and speak English. She was very cliquey with her Belgian visitors and long time returning Australian guests. Perhaps if she was more of a hostess to others they wouldn't make the comments they have on here. She’d been given me dirty looks from the day we arrived and we never found out why. It was definitely a personality issue as we’ve stayed with many Belgian hotel owners and they are both extremely honourable but also friendly and polite.
Out of politeness and consideration I notified the reception staff that we would be away for a couple of nights. We were keeping the room on, leaving the bulk of our items in the room, kept the safe box (it was a tiny box) and would pay on our overall departure. We had no need to tell them we were going away but to our horror they collared us that evening and demanded we pay for our whole stay that night. I refused point blank and they tried to find the manager to no avail. I quite clearly stated that I had had no need to tell them, I was being polite and they turned the whole situation around and began to treat me as if I was leaving part way with no intention of returning. That left a very nasty taste in my mouth and the other English guests I mentioned it to. It showed they had no trust in us.
Our original plan was to eat lunch and dinner in the hotel on Nyepi day and on the Friday before when there was a Sumatran singer. Unfortunately we spotted not one but three rats in the dining area and decided we would eat elsewhere when it was dark. The rats were clearly visible day after day and nothing was being done to control them. I mentioned it to a member of staff who said everyone had rats in Bali. No, they don’t and if they do, they control them. I’ve been to many third world countries and if there are rats they do something about it if they want to host western guests. I did take photographs of these creatures in the restaurant!!
The wifi wasn't worth having as it was slower than slow.
Take out the owners, the rats and the judgmental reception staff and this would be a pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Lttle_Gem
Reviewed 8 March 2016

Just completed another relaxing 12 days at Tamukami in February. Our fifth stay here.
Excellent clean rooms , great fridge and air conditioning , good restaurant and breakfast , friendly and efficient staff , very quiet and peaceful.
If you'r looking for a good relaxing quiet time , this is the spot !
No good for teenagers and partygoers . (try Kuta)
Will be back next year.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

Picked this hotel based on reviews and price but also as we wanted a quieter location away from the rowdy Aussies! It has been built and managed by a lovely Belgian couple and has a lovely family feel. It's not a five star hotel but with full breakfast, spacious clean air conditioned rooms it represents fantastic value for money. A four course set evening meal costs a fiver (7US$) and the local wine was great. Relax by the pool or pop over the road for a very professional 1 hour massage (also around £5). Beach 2 minutes walk but many guests just enjoyed the pool away from the inevitable hawkers. Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple