“Beach Front Location”

Ranked #27 of 76 Hotels in Sanur
wherever
“Beach Front Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2010

We spent 9 nights at this hotel in August, paid US $61 per night, breakfast inc for a cottage.
As per previous reviews, yes the rooms especially the bathrooms are in need of renovation. We were advised by the hotel that 3 or 4 of the cottages are going to have a makeover, baths removed, new showers installed and new storage and wardrobes in the bedrooms. However, inspite of the bathroom looking rather tired it was clean as was the bedroom and the sheets changed frequently. There is no hot water from 10am to 5.30 pm which really was not a problem for us. The hotel grounds are spacious and sprayed for mosquitoes twice a month. There was usually spare sunlounges around the pool or under the trees on the beach in front of the hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful.
The restaurant overlooks the beach and there was a choice of eggs, fresh fruit or Indonesian food for breakfast. Irrespective of where you eat most food becomes rather monotonous after a while.
This hotel seems popular with Europeans, families and elder couples. This is the second year we have stayed here and we considered it good value for the price we paid and the location.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nomad46wherever
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Indonesian first
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2010

Where to start. I was a little worried when i booked this hotel. And was sorry to read Jilly's review, actually we were probably there at the same time but had very different experiences.
We travelled with our children, boys 14 and 11, girl 5 and my inlaws.
I think if u book a budget hotel, expect budget. It is a little old and tired but the facilities were great. Right on the beach and nice and quiet location. Felt very safe and looked after by the staff. Any request was granted with smiles and was never too much trouble. And we had no problem with any unnecessary charging. On the contrary all our extra needs were met with exceptional staff and quick responses. maybe it was the A$1.00 tip we gave the staff regularly, or maybe not. Either way we had a great time.
Our boys were in the room inbetween us and the inlaws so felt very safe.
Yes i guess breakfast did become a little repetitive and 5 days was probably enough so a little variation would be recommended, but it was fresh and nice. Eggs anyway u wanted and lots of fruit.
Beach restaurant cheap and bintang icy. Market great fun for the kids and not busy like Kuta.
Heaps of close cafes and restaurants to eat. Seafood galour.
Wonderful introduction for a family to Bali.
We loved Sanur.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Bluechomsky
victoria australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

This hotel was good as far as my room and surrounds and location. But watch the staff, I was charged for hot water to be delivered to my room to make coffee, charged for a trip to Hardys when this shuttle was free. Also I paid for a hairdryer of which was supposed to free.

I was also charged for phone calls to Australia of which I could not get connected, I refused to pay for other calls. Told them that the phone in my room was faulty, and asked them to come up and check the phone if they dont believe me, then they would not come up to the room to check the phone.

Also I had to get a doctor, who overcharged me and kept knocking on my door for over an hour and ringing on my phone, for the money I owed, even though I paid up all his other bills,> He knew I had 12 days left in Bali so I wasnt leaving soon. So I could'vepaid him the next day. (I didn't answer the door because I was tired after a day out cycling).

I was harassed by this doctor who tried to charge me 550,000 rp, when I worked out at another clinic their charges this doctor was definitely overcharging me. He also charged me 150,000 for medication he bought me. When I noticed on the package it should be only 4.500 rupiah.

Then Simpon a receptionist from the hotel came after hours on her scooter to sort things out, of which had nothing to do with her.

It is enough putting up with the shop keepers bargaining etc , but when the hotel staff try to rip you off is another thing. NOT GOOD.

I then really had to be on the ball.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Finland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

Warning! Do not use credit card if you book this hotel. We made a reservation via booking.com and cancel it later with no charge.
The hotel has charged my Master Card account even though the reservation was cancelled.

Here is the email from booking.com:
"We have researched your concerns and can confirm that the hotel has incorrectly charged your card. You followed the correct procedure when you cancelled your reservation. We have spoken with Komang from Inna Sindhu Beach, Hotel Resort & Meeting and they have agreed to refund this charge. We apologise for the inconvenience caused to you."

I have waited 1 month now and nothing has happened. So beware...

Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AnteroFin
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2010

For similar price places nearby like Griya Satrian much better.
Rooms old..pool dirty tiles and very deep. Breakfast average. Good location right on the beach though. Like all of sanur it's full of eastern european retirees. Wouldn't return

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple