2,619 results
All reviews club room mezzanine restaurant premier deluxe room the beach club restaurant beach front new wing an upgrade our honeymoon swim up bar main pool private beach nice resort infinity pool a ground floor room hotel grounds sun loungers buffet breakfast
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We spent 3 nights at this hotel and had a good time despite being a little disappointed when we arrived. The hotel has a mix of Balinese features and more modern beach hang-out zones. Our room was close to the pool and the beach, which was great but was also a little dated. The shower only managed to produce a fast drip...and the outdoor terrace had no drying rack. The pool was lush and practically on the beach but the funky double beach loungers were always booked by tourists who thought that throwing a towel on them was enough to make them theirs for the day. I loved the restaurant areas by the beach, especially for breakfast. The only snag is that the buffet is served right at the back of the building in a fairly dark and hot room. The buffet breakfast is adequate but nothing to right home about. The hotel has not invested any time in reviewing its breakfast options and is out of touch with any heathy eating habits. If you are looking for healthy detoxing juices, non-dairy milks or a more extensive cooked breakfast, this is not the hotel to come too. The waffles were excellent and so were the pancakes....all the rest was the minimum you would expect from a 4 star hotel. Sanur is quite a sleepy place compared to Seminyak and that is reflected in the standard of restaurants around the hotel. I would recommend the Bamboo bar for evening drinks and snacks and the Genius Cafe for healthy fare, co-working and events. After a few days we chilled into the place and enjoyed the beach, the open air beach massage 100 metres to the right of the hotel (ask for Rita or Rai) and the hotel pool for an evening swim. We would probably come back to this hotel if we knew the breakfast was better...

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Marialine V
Reviewed 29 October 2017

My wife and I spent 4 nights at this resort and overall impression is very positive.

When we checked in we were put in a damp, humid, dark, mosquito infested room. To make the matters worse I have spotted to small sized lizards on the wall and ceiling....It was gross....

Next day they moved us to the new, premier deluxe room (the one I actually paid for) in the new building next to the pool. The new room was very nice and comfortable.

The resort facilities were very nice and clean. The beach was fine (yes, this is NOT your typical Caribbean beach. But acceptable under the circumstances). Pools were awesome. Breakfast was pretty good (coffee was pretty disgusting though). Service was impeccable.

All-in-all - we've had a relaxing 3 day stay. Would return if the prices were right.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2017

We had a toughly wonderful stay here. We found the staff, polite and friendly with an aim of ensuring we had a good stay. The rooms were clean and well appointed. We like Sanur as it doesn’t have the same crowds some of the other places.
The grounds were well kept and there were plenty of places to relax. I enjoyed watching the antics of the squirrels as they raced through the tree tops.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Graeme T
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and i spent 10 nights here and frankly could not have asked for anything better. The staff were really friendly and eager to please. The rooms were clean and more than adequately furnished. As a place to rest your head of a nightime with a little peace and quiet it was great. We ate at the restaurant on the first evening and quite simply superb food at Australian prices. If you are looking for cheaper options then this isn't the place to come to. However if you are looking for a little pampering and peace and quiet then o would thoroughly recommend it.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank onlytruewop
Reviewed 19 October 2017

we arrived at the hotel at 11pm after 19 hours of travelling to find hotels.com had not sent my booking through to the hotel, however the staff were great and showed us to a room and said we can sort it tomorrow. Thankfully it was sorted and the hotel upgraded us to a club room. The hotel is beautiful with 4 pools with 1 being for club room guests only. The private beach was lovely and clean and the hotel grounds are well looked after. The breakfast buffet was the largest one I have ever seen and kept us going all day until our evening meal. Yes the food and drinks are more expensive in the hotel but this is true of most hotels and within 5 minutes there are plenty of other restaurants and bars to choice from.
There was building work happening whilst we were there but it did not affect me and I didn't hear any noise, the only reason I was aware was after walking the hotel grounds saw it.
I had no issue with wifi other than sometimes it didn't stay logged it but that was easy to rectify by re-entering password.
My only recommendation for the hotel would be that during the day the main pool area could have a better atmosphere with live music or better music than easy listening quietly played through various speakers and a dedicated bar person for the pool bar.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends