“An oasis, perfect place to escape to after a day...”
other travellers have booked this property
The Pool Living Room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Pool
Kitchen
rest on one of the day beds
Dining Room
Just a few steps to the pool
The Pool
step into the garden
'Rain man' in his pond
The 4th Bedroom
Main bedroom — luxuriate...
Main bedroom's bathroom
The second bedroom
2nd Bathroom
The 3rd Bedroom
Bathroom with exquisite mosaic work
Veranda and bar fridge
The splendid garden in evening light
the beautiful Buddha...greets you each day and farewells you as you leave, hopefully, to come again.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Jen R
, New South Wales, Australia
“An oasis, perfect place to escape to after a day of exploring. We loved it here.”
Reviewed 1 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Well, this was my first time in Bali with my young family(6 and 3)
We decided to stay four days in the Sanur area. When we arrived we were blown away by the size of the villa. It's huge! It's beautiful and we straight away relaxed. There was only four of us, so we only used two rooms. This villa can easily accommodate small or bigger numbers.
Shelley, the owner, was always very helpful via emails before we arrived. The family who caretakers the villa are an absolute delight.
I would suggest to arrange scooters or bikes as it is a little out of the way of shops and restaurants if you walk but only 3 mins on a scooter!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
28 Jun 2015
I really am thrilled you had such a good stay. And hope that it will be the start of a long-lasting love affair with Bali. So many more places to see... but I'm hoping you'll come back and revisit Villa Sekala again. Warm best wishes, Shelley
MMR1267
Sydney
“The perfect escape”
Reviewed 5 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Friendly staff, tranquil gardens, luxurious appointments, the Villa Sekala has it all. At home in a soaking wet Sydney my family were coping torrential rains and driving winds were creating chaos, but it was easy to ignore the drama while relaxing in the pool or on the verandah of this gorgeous villa.

The location is far enough out of the main part of town to feel like a real retreat, while close enough to enjoy restaurants, bars and shopping within walking distance.

I hope to return one day.

Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
13 May 2015
I'm so thrilled you had a lovely stay. I was in Sydney in those (god-awful) storms wishing... wishing I was in Bali. And.. the great thing is, Bali's not only good by comparison! I agree (of course); Viila Sekala's a piece of heaven in that part of paradise.. How lucky... I do hope you can return. I know you'd be more than welcome.
Helen G
Sydney, Australia
“An oasis”
Reviewed 23 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015

This is my third stay at Villa Sekala and each time I leave, I know I'll be back. The garden's tranquillity and beauty, and the charming Komang desi are just two reasons why Villa Sekala is an oasis. The calm, gentle neighbourhood, stylishly understated Sanur and the villa's warm, curvaceous decor are the others. Oh, then there is breakfast ...

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The garden, the food, the management, the architecture
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
30 Mar 2015
Hello Helen and thanks so much. Not only for your glowing review but for visiting with us again. You are testament to the fact that places like Villa Sekala get even better with repeated visits (!). I know Komang Desi and her family would be thrilled to see you again. Warm best wishes, Shelley
MsJHatch
Sydney, Australia
“Luxury, privacy and great service”
Reviewed 22 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Going through the gate on arrival was like entering paradise. The beautiful garden, the wonderful welcome of the staff and the luxury of the accommodation all make this villa a delightful holiday haven.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The privacy, warmth and efficiency of the staff.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
30 Mar 2015
Thanks, Jan. I know the staff were so happy to welcome you and ...as with all our guests... make you feel at home. Bali is well known for the kindness and ...well, sweetness of the Villa staff and Villa Sekala is extremely lucky (OK, I'm extremely lucky) to have Komang Desi as our manager. She's charming, warm and so helpful, efficient and smart. Please... do come and stay again. Warm best, Shelley
TravelFis...
Dili
“fabulous!”
Reviewed 10 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

I've staid many places in Bali over the last 10 years and this villa was the best villa by far. It has so much charm and character and is truly beautiful. The photos don't really do it justice as it is hard to capture how large it is and how much attention to detail has been put into the design. We all walked in and immediately said that we wanted to live there. The staff were lovely and the breakfast they made us was also fantastic.

Travelling group: Young Children
30 Mar 2015
I have neglected to let you know how much I appreciate your review.. So thrilled you were able to stay at the Villa and to truly get the peace, beauty and ...well, the splendour of not only walking into that garden.. but then staying! Please do come again. Warm best wishes, Shelley
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing