“A hotel that should be closed. For good.”
Review of Abian Boga

Abian Boga
Ranked #113 of 136 Sanur B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

My friend and I travelled to Sanur for diving course. We decided to pick a hotel that's close with the dive center. So, we managed to find this hotel from Traveloka.

When choosing a hotel, I always cross checked everything, everywhere possible. I read different reviews on TripAdvisor, Booking.com, etc. I do realised, all the reviews are, almost, bad. But, still we decided to try it. So we arrived almost midnight. The staff were helpful, but not the brightest. Once we finished our registration, we were shown where we would spent the night.

We entered the room and.... VOILA!
Moldy smell, greasy floor, dim lighting, dusty cabinet, bathroom was poorly maintained, bed sheet not the cleanest and the list can go on.

I got bad itch all over my body when I slept on the bed. Like real bad. Therefore, I only slept for 4 hours since I woke regularly because of itching.

We didn't take the breakfast provided. And after I read other reviews here on TripAdvisor, oh boy, I am glad that we didn't take the breakfast there.

The staff... I am certain that they don't have the experience to run a hotel in a proper manner. No such things as courteous greeting and genuine smile.

There are bad hotels. We all know that. But, some hotels are way beyond bad to extent they should be closed down for good. And this one it.
Too bad. Realising how much potential this hotel could get due to its strategic location. I surely hope that there's a bright future for this property.

So, in summary, would I recomend this hotel?
HELL NOPE!
With the same price, you could find any other hotel around Sanur with more proper room and proper service.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Widiarko

Reviewed 3 July 2017

The room's floor was dirty, so were the sheets. They have a/c but no fan, and you cannot lock the balcony door! The location is perfect, so if you don't mind that it's a dump go for it. And the breakfast is bad, don't drink the juice, it's grose. Something positive to the end, staff was kind.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

To be fair to Flight Centre, they have booked me into a couple of great hotels before but after this experience I don't think I can trust them to book my accommodation again.
First the pluses.

The fridge kept beer nice and cold ,
there was two small bottles of water daily.
It is close to the beach.
The air conditioning kept the sleeping room nice and cool.
The balcony was fine for smoking the excellent Ramayana cigars in the evening coolness.
The minuses.

I booked for ten days through Flight Centre Seaford, South Australia. The amount charged was 32$ AUD per night and was supposed to include breakfast. The price off the street was 22500rp roughly $22.50 for a premium room. I did not get a premium room or anything like it. I did not get breakfast. I was charged 40000rp for an American breakfast. It was obviously for a very small American. A fried egg, a triangle of toast and a rasher of something that slightly resembled bacon and a cup of some liquid they called coffee.
The room was filthy, a couple of young lads came to push the dirt around some days. Sometimes the towels got changed sometimes they didn't. There was no hot water. I tried to clean the handbasin and nearly threw up. I found out accidentally that Bintang beer seemed to kill giant cockroaches that were eyeballing me from the disgusting shower cubicle.

I have stayed in budget accommodation before in Bali and other countries but none as filthy as this. My cousins who visiting me , took one look and booked into the Abian Harmony. Same price I paid . A little further from the beach but much much nicer.

I found out when I got back to Australia that I had picked up a form of Typhus and was pretty sick for a while. I don't like to point the bone but I don't think staying at this place helped.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2017

Lonely Planet guide gave this place a good review. We have found Lonely Planet to be spot on -- but not this time. Our rooms were old with paint peeling and very dirty and poorly looked after. But the real disaster started with the discovery of bed bugs at about 11pm. My wife and I and my sister in law were moved to other rooms - our was OK but my sister in law awoke surrounded by bed bugs. We took photos and video. We had paid for two nights - but ran from the place in the morning. We were refunded for our second night. My advise - do not go here - you can do much better for the same cost. Bed bugs suck - first time we have run into this in Southeast Asia over six years of travelling.

Room Tip: Stay away bed bugs await...