See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

To be fair to Flight Centre, they have booked me into a couple of great hotels before but after this experience I don't think I can trust them to book my accommodation again.
First the pluses.

The fridge kept beer nice and cold ,
there was two small bottles of water daily.
It is close to the beach.
The air conditioning kept the sleeping room nice and cool.
The balcony was fine for smoking the excellent Ramayana cigars in the evening coolness.
The minuses.

I booked for ten days through Flight Centre Seaford, South Australia. The amount charged was 32$ AUD per night and was supposed to include breakfast. The price off the street was 22500rp roughly $22.50 for a premium room. I did not get a premium room or anything like it. I did not get breakfast. I was charged 40000rp for an American breakfast. It was obviously for a very small American. A fried egg, a triangle of toast and a rasher of something that slightly resembled bacon and a cup of some liquid they called coffee.
The room was filthy, a couple of young lads came to push the dirt around some days. Sometimes the towels got changed sometimes they didn't. There was no hot water. I tried to clean the handbasin and nearly threw up. I found out accidentally that Bintang beer seemed to kill giant cockroaches that were eyeballing me from the disgusting shower cubicle.

I have stayed in budget accommodation before in Bali and other countries but none as filthy as this. My cousins who visiting me , took one look and booked into the Abian Harmony. Same price I paid . A little further from the beach but much much nicer.

I found out when I got back to Australia that I had picked up a form of Typhus and was pretty sick for a while. I don't like to point the bone but I don't think staying at this place helped.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2017

Lonely Planet guide gave this place a good review. We have found Lonely Planet to be spot on -- but not this time. Our rooms were old with paint peeling and very dirty and poorly looked after. But the real disaster started with the discovery of bed bugs at about 11pm. My wife and I and my sister in law were moved to other rooms - our was OK but my sister in law awoke surrounded by bed bugs. We took photos and video. We had paid for two nights - but ran from the place in the morning. We were refunded for our second night. My advise - do not go here - you can do much better for the same cost. Bed bugs suck - first time we have run into this in Southeast Asia over six years of travelling.

Room Tip: Stay away bed bugs await...
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 January 2017

Very filthy and dirty. All things are falling apart. The toilet had no running water. We left this place quickly in the morning. Hotel does not return the money. Booking.com pictures does not show the actual situation there.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

I had read about Abian Boga on Booking.com and decided to avoid it based on the reviews on their site. However Booking.com did advertise a hotel called RedDoorz near Semawang Beach which showed pictures of a clean and nicely furnished room. Based on these pictures we booked the room. When we turned up it transpired that RedDoorz isn't a hotel but a name used to advertise Abian Boga. We were shown the room anyway and it looked nothing like the pictures on Booking.com. When we asked the manager why are we being given an inferior room when the pictures on Booking.com showed a bright and airy room we were told that RedDoorz is just a name and that the pictures were uploaded wrong. The room shown on Booking.com were the superior rooms and not what we had booked. After much wrangling we decided to take the inferior room anyway as there were no superior rooms available. We also didn't want to pay over the odds for walk in rates elsewhere. The following day we asked the manager (or whatever her job role was) to book us a cab to the airport. It turned up 20 mins late because the manager hadn't booked it. When we were dropped at the airport the driver asked for money for the parking at the airport. We told him we'd paid the hotel 150,000 rupiah already for the cab and he showed us what the hotel had paid him...52,000 rupiah. The hotel is a scam and I would not recommend anyone stay here. The rooms were dated and shabby, true, but not bad for the price but the deceitful nature of the management is beyond belief. To add insult to injury Booking.com emailed a couple of days later saying the hotel had informed them that we had failed to show up and therefore we would have to be charged as we hadn't given notice of our cancellation. Another scam I feel. They got our money and then they were trying to get Booking.com to compensate them saying we hadn't shown up!!!! Unbelievable. Don't give your money to this establishment and be wary of other RedDoorz or AiryRooms places. I don't even think these companies actually exist and are used to fleece unsuspecting tourists.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bandybadger
Reviewed 9 September 2016

Checked into first room No wifi, no hot water, dirty towels and sheets, refrigerator did not work. Light bulbs were out and AC did not work. After the 3rd room the AC worked but that's about it. Breakfast is horrible. Too many nice places for the same price, this is a joke

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple