See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 January 2017

Very filthy and dirty. All things are falling apart. The toilet had no running water. We left this place quickly in the morning. Hotel does not return the money. Booking.com pictures does not show the actual situation there.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

I had read about Abian Boga on Booking.com and decided to avoid it based on the reviews on their site. However Booking.com did advertise a hotel called RedDoorz near Semawang Beach which showed pictures of a clean and nicely furnished room. Based on these pictures we booked the room. When we turned up it transpired that RedDoorz isn't a hotel but a name used to advertise Abian Boga. We were shown the room anyway and it looked nothing like the pictures on Booking.com. When we asked the manager why are we being given an inferior room when the pictures on Booking.com showed a bright and airy room we were told that RedDoorz is just a name and that the pictures were uploaded wrong. The room shown on Booking.com were the superior rooms and not what we had booked. After much wrangling we decided to take the inferior room anyway as there were no superior rooms available. We also didn't want to pay over the odds for walk in rates elsewhere. The following day we asked the manager (or whatever her job role was) to book us a cab to the airport. It turned up 20 mins late because the manager hadn't booked it. When we were dropped at the airport the driver asked for money for the parking at the airport. We told him we'd paid the hotel 150,000 rupiah already for the cab and he showed us what the hotel had paid him...52,000 rupiah. The hotel is a scam and I would not recommend anyone stay here. The rooms were dated and shabby, true, but not bad for the price but the deceitful nature of the management is beyond belief. To add insult to injury Booking.com emailed a couple of days later saying the hotel had informed them that we had failed to show up and therefore we would have to be charged as we hadn't given notice of our cancellation. Another scam I feel. They got our money and then they were trying to get Booking.com to compensate them saying we hadn't shown up!!!! Unbelievable. Don't give your money to this establishment and be wary of other RedDoorz or AiryRooms places. I don't even think these companies actually exist and are used to fleece unsuspecting tourists.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bandybadger
Reviewed 9 September 2016

Checked into first room No wifi, no hot water, dirty towels and sheets, refrigerator did not work. Light bulbs were out and AC did not work. After the 3rd room the AC worked but that's about it. Breakfast is horrible. Too many nice places for the same price, this is a joke

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

I've just left this place without sleep in it. I had to litteraly escape from. Sooo dirty! With condom used in the bin when they gave me the room but the worst thing are the HUGE INSECTS in the room. I fought with one for one hour. When i tought it left i lied down thinking "ok maybe I'm safe". Not even the time to think it that above me there was another one.
And breakfast not included.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

The rooms were very dirty. It smelled like mold. The bathroom was also very dirty. The staff was very rude. One employee harassed me in my room, when he was high on drugs. We talked to the manager about the incident, but he just laughed. After two days of talking we finally got a discount. Unfortunately they told booking.com that they had a no show.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends