“Peaceful Oasis in Sanur”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sanur
Gardenia Guesthouse
Ranked #20 of 135 Sanur B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Peaceful Oasis in Sanur”
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Beautiful garden, friendly staff, extremely great value for money.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Western Australia
Reviewed 4 November 2011

What a fabulous find. We stayed here for 5 nights in rooms 5 and 6 (interconnecting). The rooms were clean with a teli, A/C, safety deposit box. They put a DVD into my son's room. The only thing I would fault, would be the plumbing. The shower was hot though.
The thing that makes this place is the lovely staff, quiet street, 7 rooms (so is quiet, except for the noisy roosters), the gardens and the amazing price. The pool is small but adequate. I loved the idea of sitting on my verandah and watching my son in the pool. We spent a lot of our time just sitting there reading and talking to other guests. At the cafe there is a great little gift shop too, with some hand knitted animals, we have added 'Ellie Phant' to our family.
The food is lovely, and reasonably priced. I tried their 3 different breakfast options and vote the homemade muesli, yoghurt and fresh fruit the best. My husband enjoyed the coffee and I bought tea leaves so could enjoy a pot of tea in the morning on my verandah.
It was my 17th wedding anniversary when we stayed here. The staff organised a table next to the pool and we had candles lit around it, a bunch of flowers and 3 red roses on our table. This was a surprise for my husband. We were also given a chocolate cake to eat as well at dinner. My son had room service for dinner and watched a DVD, but could still see us from his window. So we were all happy. My son met another child here who was the same age and they had some fantastic afternoons in the pool. I have booked here again for after Christmas and next April as I have found my home away from home.
We were definately spoilt. Thankyou to Made and the staff.

Room Tip: There are 2 interconnecting rooms for families.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Nell10
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 18 September 2011

What a wonderful place to stay and such excellent value for money. The owners, Gloria and Ming, were very welcoming from the beginning and their local knowledge was a huge help. They recommended a taxi driver, who was excellent, and several places to visit. We stayed 14 nights with our 4 children in 2 bedrooms with an interconnecting door. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The only downfall was the local rooster waking us around 5am. After a few days, though, we did get used to it. The resturant attached to the front of the guesthouse was wonderful, with an excellent choice of meals. It was the best place we ate at in the 14 days we spent in Bali. Gloria went out of her way to cook us vegetarian meals as she was vegetarian herself. She is a natural host and went out of her way to make each of her diners feel welcome by chatting to them. We couldn't recommend the Gardenia Guesthouse and Resturant enough.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Paujul
Mt Martha, Australia
Reviewed 11 September 2011

What a wonderful place to stay. Only booked for two nights at the end of a Bali holiday to celebrate my 70th birthday. It was so peaceful ( except for the rooster nearby at about 5 am) and relaxing but close enough to the beach, restaurants, massages places etc.
The cafe at the front was excellent and there was a small shop with variety of clothes and jewelry.
Pool is small be more than adequate to cool off.
I spent the first 2nights of my holiday at Poppies Cottages and the Gardenia had a very similar feel about it.
I would highly recommend this guesthouse and will certainly be staying there again for more
than two nights.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. It is so nice to be greeted with that Bali smile.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank pittsy
Adelaide
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We stayed at Gardenia and loved every minute of it. The value for money was simply incredible.

We stayed in the mini bungalow, which was large, clean and comfortable. The air-conditioning worked well, which is a must in Bali!

Each room has their own little verandah, with table and chairs, so you can sit and have a drink, read a book whilst overlooking the beautiful lush garden.

The pool, although small, is sparkling and clean, and because there are only about 9 rooms in total, it is also very quiet.

The cafe at the front of the property is simply fantastic. Breakfast is included in the room rate. Each and every thing we ordered from the cafe was delicious, and we ate many meals there. You can also ask them to deliver to your room.

The staff were friendly and helpful, without being intrusive or pushy.

I cannot rave about Gardenia Guesthouse enough.... my husband and I have decided we will return again and again

• Stayed May 2011