Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
$38
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$38
FindHotel
$26
Free cancellation until 10/07/22
Expedia.com$43
Hotels.com$43
Prestigia.com$87
All reviews beach area nice room sanur beach quiet location pool bali bicycles
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 May 2022 via mobile

We booked for 4 nights and from the moment we arrived, close to midnight on our first night, every staff member we had contact with were fantastic. The room was clean and nice, but quite dark. The included breakfast was also good. The only thing we didn’t like about the hotel was the pool was very shaded resulting in the pool water being quite cold. I like to sunbathe around the pool, but this was not possible as the area was in shade for most of the day. Others may like this, but I did not, so we decided to check out early. But if shade and a cool pool is what you’re after Akana might suit you perfectly. Also to note, when we stayed the beach area connected to the hotel had not been set up since Covid. So this was not available for sunbathing either.

Room tip: We had room 107 which was perfect location, 106 was a good spot too. Pool cold and shaded for most of the day.
Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
I Gede Bang Utama, Manajer Umum at Akana Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2022

Dear Sightseer379171,

First of all we do thank you for your valuable holiday time in Akana recently, and we do appreciated your honest review and comments in this site. we do apologize for the experience because of the shaded pool area, cool water pool, and the facilities in the beach that we couldn't open yet until now, we are about to recover the herd conditions and do hope to be able to provide them by soon. Once again thank you for your kind and we still hope to welcoming you again in the near future to serve you better

Reviewed 23 April 2022

We usually always stay at the same resort in Sanur but we decided this time to mix it up a little bit.
Little did we know it would end up being a nightmare stay : we didn't change room only once but 2 times!

The first time, my partner and I wanted to be on the computer at the same time. We plugged them in and the whole electric system just totally went down, burning my computer charger at the same time. Leaving me without for the end of my stay, I even had to buy a new one myself because nothing came from resort.

Then they moved us in another room. We went out and coming back to the resort after dinner, the room smelled like nothing you'd ever experienced! it was a horrible surprise!
11:30pm, we changed again to another room!

In general the rooms where quiet dirty, towels were full of holes and most of the ustensiles were removed from the room.

Only positive side : the reception staff was very nice and felt deeply sorry.

I wouldn't recommend this place and would have loved to have a gesture from the hotel as this was beyond acceptable..

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
I Gede Bang Utama, Manajer Umum at Akana Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2022

Hi Mermaidwhotravels,

So regret and very sorry to read your review in this site, on behalf of Akana Sanur Family Team and Management, let me express my sincere apologies to all you have experienced during your stay on last February in Akana.
I do hope to have another chance to welcoming you again in the future and serve you better. Once again thank you for your review and have a great day.

Reviewed 22 April 2022

Pro: If you're looking for a low key & budget accommodation (or long term) this could be an option. Located in Sanur. The room is nice & well maintained. Size is OK, they have balcony. There's shower, and everything working properly. They put new water too & help deliver your food to the room. Staff are nice. Well satisfied for a low key hotel!

Con: Bit far off from the center of Sanur. Pool is a bit too cold for my taste (saying this, I love cold refreshing pool water but too cold can't be enjoyed too easily). The parking area is quite limited you need to park off the street at times :/

Time of stay: July 201
Child friendliness rating: 2.5/5
Will we come back? Not sure.

Check out our instagram @thebalirevjews for more honest reviews & insights to Bali!

Date of stay: July 2021

Hi The Bali R,

Thank you for your honest review and sharing your stay experience here, we do appreciated. Thank you also for staying and spending time with us in Akana recently. We do hope to have another chance to welcoming you back in the future. Thank you

Reviewed 15 April 2022

Breakfast is bland. Only fried rice or sandwhich. All with just scrambled egg.
Room next to the road is not soundproof. Passing vehicles can be heard, and especially dogs’ barks at dawn. Expect to be woken up. They have other type of rooms though.
Room’s lighting is too dim.

However price is very reasonable and the hotel and room in general is very clean. Things are working properly and staffs are very polite too.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
I Gede Bang Utama, General Manager at Akana Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2022

Hi Ziedricht, Thank you for your review and had your value time in Akana recently although not so nice but we do appreciated your help through your stay for us to keep standing in this situations. We do hope to welcoming you again in the future and serve you better. Thank you and see you again.

Reviewed 23 December 2021

The good thing about Akana is its overall design; room, interior. But cleanliness is questionable, I got some yellowish pillow where they're supposed to be white for sure. And the aircon is not cold enough for my liking, I was sweating like hell. I forced to switch room because of the aircon in the middle of the night (23.45). But the new room's aircon wasn't cold neither.
The other annoying thing is the road noise penetrated the room, so be prepared if you can't sleep with some noises.

That being said, Akana is still worth it if you're looking for budget hotel. There are far worst budget hotels in the same price range.

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
I Gede Bang Utama, Manajer Umum at Akana Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2021

Dear Pak Pande,

Thank you for your review and sharing your staying experience in Akana recently, I do regret to know your stay with us was troubled by tye AC issue and the stain you mentioned above, for that please accept my sincere apologize. We do hope to welcoming you again in the future and serve you better here in Akana.