All reviews pool access room semi outdoor bathroom great nights sleep baby monkeys sun loungers and towels scoopon deal online travel agent swimming pool small nice big bath mini supermarket restaurant food is cool aircon beach club lovely boutique hotel bikes open shower super comfy bed
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Lovely modern and spacious rooms, really helpful staff. Pool area is small but well cared for. We enjoyed our stay, lounges available on the beach which is about a 10 minute walk away. No garden areas, our room at the front was a little noisy but not a big deal. My husband was ill at the end of our stay and the hotel staff were fabulous in looking after us! Helped get us to our next destination. Would recommend if you are looking for intimate, small less resort style accommodation.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank LC-Melbourne
Surya W, Manager at Akana Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear LC-Melbourne,

Thank you for your review, We pleased to know that your stay was enjoyable with us. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

I had a good stay at Akana. The reception lady was super kind and spoke fluent english. I got a nice room upgrade to poolside room, witch I was very happy about. The bathroom had nice athmosphere and everything was clean. The room was nice and clean. My only minus was the smelly pillows (a bit gross underneath the sheet). The bed felt a bit humid, I don't know if its the lack of AC durning the time I'm not in the room or what. But I felt sweaty all trough the night. The breakfast was different every (4) day, sometimes i really enjoyed it, some days I did not so much. The juice was super sweet and I wasn't able to drink it at all. But if I forget the bed, I was super happy about the Akana hotel. Thank you all :)

Stayed: February 2018

Dear Juho L,

Thank you for your review and staying at Akana, we pleased to know that your stay was enjoyable overall however we do sorry for the smell you had in the room. We are currently projecting our room to solve the smell issue soon. We hope that we can welcoming you again in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

I spent 12 nights at the Akana in South Sanur and had a wonderful time.

At first I was in a Superior Room, no balcony and facing the street, but it wasn‘t loud. I did switch to a Deluxe Balcony Room (due to a package deal through my travel agency) with views over the pool. I‘d recommend these rooms, though design & bed are the same in both categories.
Pool access rooms on the ground floor mean needing to pass by people lying by the pool to enter/leave room. Personally that is not for me.

Overall, the Akana is a beautiful, small hotel with a courtyard pool that you‘d often have to yourself.
The rooms were stylish and the massive bed very comfortable. Air con was a little noisy for me, but nothing some earplugs couldn‘t fix.
Lovely bathroom with rain shower - hot/cold water never a problem. Housekeeping did a great job.
The staff was friendly and extremely helpful.

Breakfast was cooked upon order, but generally is the weak spot of the Akana. Juice is not fresh, but squash (because fresh orange juice sees to be really pricey, judging by the supermarket prices), my poached eggs would taste of vinegar, bread was on occassion a little dry, but since I am not a huge brekkie person, this did not dampen my experience.

Location was great, lots of excellent warungs within a five minute walk, great coffee shop around the corner, tailors and laundry services nearby (also available in hotel, but cheaper around the crner).

The Akana has twelve sunbeds/six umbrellas available on Mertasari Beach, incl towels. This is a five minute walk away down a back street.

Generally a definite recommendation, excellent value for money if you prefer smaller establishments.

Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Kathrin M

Dear Kathrin M,

Thank you for your review and had choose Akana Sanur to stay during your holiday time in Bali. We pleased to know that your stay was enjoyable with us. We look forward to welcoming you again in the next future.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Great spot for Sanur. I chose this place for the vicinity to the beach. It's a small boutique hotel with friendly staffs that greets you with a smile. Breakfast is kinda weak but at least it's included for what i paid for. There's free bike rentals which is perfect for the ride to the beach and surrounding area.

Room Tip: balcony into the pool gets the most sunlight.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear caffinated,

Thank you for giving us review and had stayed at Akana Boutique Hotel Sanur. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future..,

Reviewed 14 February 2018

I requested a valentine's day for my wife staying in this hotel and the staff immidiately took action and transformed the room into a love suite when she was out.
quick replies on our e-mail conversation and a stunning looking room.

Thank you Akana team!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alexhia962
Surya W, Manager at Akana Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear alexhia962,

Warmest greeting from Akana Boutique Hotel Sanur!

Thank you for giving an excellent review for us,It is our pleasure to accommodate our guest inquiries and to make our beloved guest are happy.
Please do not hesitate to contact us anytime for anything that we can assist you or Mrs. T.I H, during her staying here with us,
Thank you.