It's hard to believe you can still find a place like this in Bali. It is located up north in Pemuteran right on the beach with mountains in the background. It is very peaceful compared to rest of Bali. The drive to Puri Ganesha was absolutely beautiful, Bali definitely showing its best with the green mountains and lakes, make sure you stop for a few photos!
We spent two nights in Puri Ganesha, but could have stayed forever. The villa and the surrounds including the private pool are huge. There are only four villas, each with large private grounds and beach frontage, so it is very quiet. We loved all the small details of the villa, all of the elephant themed decorations. We also loved all the daybeds, the big bedroom with a high ceiling and beautiful 4 poster bed.
Don't expect the most modern of villas. It is traditional style with thatched roof and open air bathroom. However to us that made it even more special. This place has a soul, unlike so many of those concrete walled sterile villas of Seminyak. Very luxurious and clean and you still have everything you need including air-con by the bed.
We had our own lovely staff, who were basically invisible but still always there when we needed them. Very friendly but we were also impressed by the way they keep everything running perfectly without intruding on our privacy.
I couldn't write about Puri Ganesha and not write about the food! The owner of the place is a chef. We loved the food so much we bought her cookbook. The raw food especially is amazing, but if you're not into it there are other options too. You can either go and eat at the restaurant or dine at your villa. We had meals in the villa, at our private dining area by the pool, at the beachfront restaurant, and even breakfast in our own little gazebo on the beach. Definitely try the Indonesian breakfast and also Diana's cooking class is also not to be missed.
Puri Ganesha would be a great place for a honeymoon or special getaway. We will definitely be back some day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Puri Ganesha's four very private one, two and three bedroom villas are situated on 400 mtrs of white sand & coral beach in the quiet, unspoiled fishing village of Pemuteran in the northwest corner of Bali. Near Bali's National Park,the village is a 3 1/2 hours scenic drive from the airport. As a member of Slow Food Bali, Diana's cuisine is prepared from organic, local ingredients wherever possible. No red meat, only chicken, seafood, salads and vegetable dishes are served. The food is simple, fresh and seasonal and the exciting dinner menu changes every evening. Meals can be served in the houses, the dining pavilions, in the little beachfront restaurant or by request on the beach by torchlight. Puri Ganesha is one of very a few resorts worldwide to offer an alternative purely 'rawfully good' menu and is a gourmet paradise for vegetarians and vegans who can experience totally different tastes and flavours! Diana's passion for unusual indigenous and locally grown ingredients has resulted in new and very unique 'living' and everyday menus! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Puri Ganesha Homes by The Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puri Ganesha Villas Hotel Bali
- Puri Ganesha Homes By The Beach Bali/Singaraja