All reviews affordable hotel honeymoon package nice pool beach access bali collection shower room pool area an upgrade noodles other hotels standard room a free shuttle bus beach front club med buffet breakfast sofitel sunbeds
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Hotel name : Grand Whiz Nusa Dua

Days at hotel : 2

Location: Nusa Dua - excellent central location. For the Brittish this is Milton Keynes by the sea. Man made town with little personality of Bali.
For US - this is Wysteria Lane from Desperate Housewives

WiFi: yes intermittent - often weak

Pool: nice pool with attendant . Good size

Restaurants and food: One generic restaurant where everyone eats breakfast. This was a good substantial breakfast with international choice. Food wasn’t always fresh and could be stale. Staff were attentive but could be abrasive. On filling our water bottle up with drinking water we were given in to trouble and told this was only for a glass at breakfast. A good note to point out is that in Bali you cannot drink the tap water. Out of 7 hotels we have been to this is the only one not to have supplied a drinking water fountain where we could top up. When we filled up at breakfast we were spoken to rudely.

The second restaurant is supposed to be authentic Italian. The menu needs reviewed to be so. Lots of these dishes have been tampered with making them unauthentic. The pasta was served soaking in sauce unlike an italian meal should be served. Was sub standard.

Laundry: We did use the laundry service which was turned around in 24 hours . Cost was 55k per kilo. The quality was good l although we had to remind them that we were expecting it.

Proximity to amenities: 5 min walk to the beach which has various other hotels restaurants and a new beach club. Nice walk and very clean. Shuttle service or 15 min walk to shopping district of tourist shops. We did not see a supermarket.

Pros: location, good pool

Cons: money making and over priced. Learnt that they “upgraded” our room which they say to most people to make them think they have an upgrade to write a good review. 3 others got “upgraded” that we spoke to and the rooms looked no different. We also had a gecko (tiny lizard) hide behind the television who we couldn’t catch.

Staff: generally polite and happy. Reception staff failed to know that the Italian restaurant was off menu and buffet for one night which they should have.

Cleanliness/house keeping: generally clean however on arrival we had no shower gel in dispenser. During our stay this was never refilled.

Perks: None to mention.

Overall: This hotel is a chain money maker. They really don’t have a personal touch and poor attention to detail. I wouldn’t stay here again.

1  Thank craigweir2017
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

I stay for 1 night in superior room. I know i can't smoking in my room so if i want to smoke, i do it at corridors. But i surprised when i want to smoke in the restaurant when breakfast. The restaurant not allowed for smoking. Shock for 4 star hotel dont have a place for smoking event at the restaurant.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Reminded me of hotels in Turkey or Egypt. The area is gated and nice.
The hotel itself is fair value for the low price you pay for it.
However there are a few drawbacks. Don’t eat at the Italian restaurant. The staff recommends it every day with offers of all sorts, but the 100 000 idr pizza taste exactly the same as a frozen pizza microwaved up.
You can get incredible food in neighboring restaurants for similar price - try Prego for sure.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

I was a bit nervous when deciding to stay here, after reading some of previous review, as seems there is a lot to be concerned of.

Well, my first decision was that this hotel had the most economic rate within a calm and minimum noise area, also not so many people seems to be around. I booked a superior room, which is spacious enough, good quality of linen and bedding and good lighting.. and a good wifi connection which allowed me to do hours of video conference call without any glitch. The pool is large and nice and quite. The Italian restaurant near the pool had good food and good price (a vegetable lasagna, garlic bread,& lime squash was in total cheaper than my hotdog and lime squash at the Bali Collection Mall nearby!).

I love walking.. so walking about 12 mins to the nearby mall, or 5 mins to local food shops were an enjoyable moment.

Things that would be better:
- please be more environment friendly, would love to see no paper napkins, having option of not using single straws, and have my hanging towel still hanging and not taken unless it is on the floor.
-better computer system,so I was not asked to check out before my reservation schedule. I booked for 2 nights and the receptionist called and said I only booked for 1 day, and it appeared there was glitch in the system.

- breakfast has lots of option, love it. However the tastes could be improved.

All in all, in regards to the hotel rate, this is hotel is great value.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Bali itself is not a clean place, a lot of refuse lying everywhere until you enter Nusa Dua (Tourist paradise- it felt like a whole new place) its clean, well kept and beautiful. No refuse, beautiful green gardens, helpful and friendly people and the food in Bali is organic and tasty. Went on a tour, beautiful rice terrace and coffee plantations. The dance was very entertaining and the landscapes in the villages are worth seeing.

Date of stay: August 2018