An average hotel, lacking some of the basics, and especially deficient in terms of service. I do not recommnd it.
* Good price (95 USD / night, deluxe Room)
* Private beach at Nusa Dua
* Very huge room
* 15 min free massage was amazing!
* We have been upgraded. Not surprising when only 10/20 rooms max are taken (out of at least 100/150...
* Rooms are poorly maintained (there's a comment below dated from 2006 or 2007 with wich I fully agree): ants, insects and mosquitoes in the room, toilet flush broken 2 times in 5 days
* Free drink: an orange juice worse than on airplanes
* Free dinner: also of very poor quality => If you give something away, make sure it's not going to look bad on you after...
* Front desk staff has no clue on tourism or restaurants.
* The private beach is not in a good location: we get plenty of garbage from the sea. One so called "shower", that's really just a flow of water pumped on demand (when it's not broker). Toilets are far, and very old too.
* Shuttle to/from hotel is very infrequent (every two hours), and sometimes very late (45 minutes on our first day...)
* Food at breakfast is very average, and the staff, albeit numerous (8 staff for 4/5 tables - it was low season) is clueless on what to do... Forget your orders, forget napkins, jump on your plate when you're done to "clean", don't bring coffee, chit chat together... They could achieve the same level of service with just 2 staff with proper training. Amazing for a 4 stars hotel. Good point: everyone is smiling...
* mattress was too soft for my linking, I did not feel so refreshed on the next day
* pillows are too big, you'll feel some neck pain if you use it: ask for a replacement
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Bali Nusa Dua offers a truly Balinese experience of serenity and personal hospitality. With 63 suites and pool villas, 5 star facilities, spa and authentic dining experience, The Grand Bali Nusa Dua is an ideal haven to escape, unwind and enjoy peace of mind. Traditional Balinese warmth combined with attentive service makes it an ideal choice for a serene getaway. Set in the exclusive enclave of Nusa Dua, the resort's spacious and luxurious suites and pool villas are decorated in contemporary Balinese style and fully-equipped with modern amenities for uncompromising comfort. For an indulgent and leisurely vacation, plunge into our twin pools, enjoy a treatment and massage in The Spa and dine in our versatile restaurant serving Indonesian and Mediterranean cuisine. The Grand Bali Nusa Dua is a magical place where time stands still and memories last long. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your The Grand Bali Nusa Dua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss-Grand Bali Hotel Nusa Dua
- Holiday Inn Nusa Dua
- The Grand Bali Nusa Dua