“Absolutely Amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Chicago, Illinois
“Absolutely Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

This hotel was absolutely wonderful. Staff was amazing, food was good and it was so peaceful and relaxing. It is by far one of the best hotels (overall) that I have ever stayed at around the world. The prices are reasonable and it made for a great trip. If you go to Bali, I wouldn't even THINK about staying somewhere else!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank osubuckeye415
thelagunabali, General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear Osubuckeye415,

Warmest greetings from The Laguna Resort & Spa!

Thank you for taking some of your precious time to share your favorable review on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us and that everything we offered you has lived up to your expectation.

We do appreciate your positive comment regarding our cuisines and staff which is in line with the surrounding reviews. This is always rewarding to hear that we have contributed in some small way in making your stay with us a flawless one.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Laguna Resort & Spa whenever you return to this Paradise Island.

Hotel Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Little Marlow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 7 nights in a private villa. As soon as we arrived at reception we knew we were always going to be well looked after. The whole resort is totally spotless, with truly beautiful lagoons, gardens, beach, facilities and restaurants. The food at the restaurants is truly first class from the full menu to the breakfast buffet, with variety and quality always at its best. This Hotel is regarded as the best Nusa Dua has to offer and we totally agree. I cannot fault this hotel in anyway no matter how trivia. The hotel staff are so happy, friendly and treat you like family.You can get a taxi anywhere very cheaply. We had a driver from the hotel for a day to see all the attractions we wanted to see, and his knowledge and service was fantastic. This was at a cost of only $13(US) an hour and 8 hours we saw several locations, including temple, volcano and lakes. We would like to say a special thankyou to Anton our butler. Hery, Agus and all the staff at the Awarna Restaurant on the beech front. You truly made our stay so enjoyable. We do believe in treating people how you like to be treated yourself and all these people will do anything you require.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carlm00
thelagunabali, General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear Carlm00,

Warmest greetings from The Laguna Resort & Spa!

Thank you for taking some of your precious time to share your favorable review.

We are glad to learn that you had a flawless and memorable stay with us and that you enjoyed our pool villa and its facilities at its best.

It is pleasing to learn that our staff took care of you very well and we will surely extend your gratitude to the whole team especially Anton, Hery, and Agus. We believe they will be very happy knowing that their efforts to deliver a personalized experience are well recognized.

Thank you for addressing our restaurants, especially Arwana. Our restaurants and bars are complimented with free Wifi access and nightly entertainment for our valued guests’ utmost satisfaction. Please find us on balibeyondgourmet.com for our complete culinary journey.

This is rewarding to learn that everything we offered you have exceeded your expectation and that we contributed in some small way in making your stay with us an exceptional and indigenous one.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Laguna Resort & Spa in the near future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Okay, I have to admit that I owe a review for The Laguna ever since last year (pretty much been a lazy reviewer lately after I moved to NYC) but anyway, late is better than never, right? Well, my family and I really really enjoyed our stay at the Laguna for 4 nights. hospitality, services, facilities, all beyond excellence. Some of my friends complained about hotels in Nusa Dua which prevent them from busy lifestyle but hey, every part of Bali has its own uniqueness. if you like busy hectic life, you might stay at Kuta or Seminyak area but for those who seek tranquility and peaceful serenity, then nothing beats Nusa Dua.

Back to the hotel, as a member of Starwood, I always demand the best from each Starwood's hotel and resort. The Laguna exceeds beyond everything. Check in was as smooth as silk, only took 5 minutes. were given refreshment drink which was indeed refreshing. room was big and beautiful. hotel staffs really treat you well, even reacted fast whenever I needed some help or assistance. one thing that I loved about Laguna is the lagoon-style pool and beautifully styled garden. it sort of makes you feel that you are not in a hotel but somewhere in an island just for yourself.

breakfast at Laguna offered lots of varieties though sometimes it gets pretty boring after two or three days but luckily we were able to deal with it. too bad I did not get a chance to try their Spa facility due to short time. Nevertheless, The Laguna is one of a resort that not only knows how to maintain their status as a five star resort but also as a resort that understand it's customers. If i have a chance to go back to Bali, I will definitely stay at The Laguna again. probably I'd like to try one of their villa which offers much more privacy for me. The Laguna is a highly recommended resort for honeymooners, families, even single traveler and business traveler who likes to experience one-of-a-kind serenity.

Room Tip: lagoon access room, definitely a must for honeymooners or even for those who like to have the lagoon...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank travelingmadam
Dear Travelingmadam,

Warmest greetings from The Laguna Resort & Spa!

Thank you for taking some of your precious time to write a favorable review on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to learn that you had an indigenous and exceptional stay with us. We really appreciate your highlights on our resort, its service and facilities and we are proud that we have contributed in some small way in making your stay memorable.

It is always rewarding to hear such positive comments regarding our staff since it will boost their spirit to maintain our service standard. I am also happy to learn that you like our Deluxe Lagoon Access Room that provides our valued guests direct access to our beautiful lagoon.

We hope that on your next visit, you will have an opportunity to try our spa treatments and stay in our Pool Villa.

Thank you for recommending The Laguna Resort & Spa to other reviewers and we look forward to welcoming you back for another exceptional and indigenous experience.

Jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stayed here last week for 3D/2N on a business trip. I was thrilled when I entered the room and saw the view from my balcony. It turned out, I got a deluxe lagoon access room. It means, I can swim straight from my balcony to the swimable lagoon. Cool eh?

The staffs were nice. When I wanted to go to the gym at 11 pm, they were very helpful, turning on the electricity and providing me with a bottle of water and towel. The breakfast was yummy. My favorite is the omelette and chicken sausage. They were delicious! I don't know what they put in those two, but I'm very happy with the taste.

But there was one thing that annoyed me. When I checked in to the room, I put a pack of potato chips near my bed. I already opened the pack, and I put it half closed. Then I went to attend some meetings and came back at night. When I checked the pack, there were lots of big red ants all over it and also on the table. It's very gross because I never thought that five stars hotel like this would have insects inside its room.

Room Tip: Choose the one with lagoon access. Here, you can swim right from your balcony.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank irrasistible
Dear Irrasistible,

Warmest greetings from The Laguna Resort & Spa!

It is wonderful to learn that you had an enriching experience with us and that you enjoyed your room with direct access to our beautiful lagoon.

We really appreciate your positive feedback regarding the excellent service of our staff and we are happy that you enjoyed our cuisine selection. For our complete culinary journey, please visit balibeyondgourmet.com.

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding the ants and rest assured that we have addressed this with our housekeeping team.

Once again, constructive feedback is priceless for us since it allows us to look into the area we failed to meet your expectation and make necessary improvement to maintain our standard.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Laguna Resort & Spa for another exceptional and indigenous experience.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

This hotel is by far the best hotel I stayed at for my honeymoon & I've been to 3 hotels so far, amazing setting, amazing food at the seafood dinner open buffet Arawana for just $ 45 per person ( seriously the best fish, shrimps, and squids), and delicious huge variety in breakfast, the spa is amazing but a little bit expensive.. The sea view is fabulous, people are very nice, and hospitality is no. 1 target at this place.. Kulkul stuff is very peofessional & friendly.. Dont do alot of plans outside the hotel bec u won't wanna leave the hotel.. Trust me, U should come here..

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank DKin60years
thelagunabali, General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear DKin60years,

Warmest greetings from The Laguna Resort & Spa!

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to learn that you had a most enriching and memorable honeymoon at The Laguna and that everything we offered has exceeded your expectation.

Thank you for highlighting our grounds, the cuisine and hospitality service which are in line with surrounding reviews. Further, we are glad that our team at Kul Kul Bar has taken care of you very well. We will surely share your positive feedback with the whole team whom I am sure will be happy to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional and memorable experience are well recognized.

For your kind reference, we will be very happy if you can find our complete culinary journey on balibeyondgourmet.com.

We do hope your memorable honeymoon with us will bring you back to The Laguna Resort & Spa in the not too distant future.