“A true paradise in a paradise island”

The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
New York City, New York
“A true paradise in a paradise island”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Okay, I have to admit that I owe a review for The Laguna ever since last year (pretty much been a lazy reviewer lately after I moved to NYC) but anyway, late is better than never, right? Well, my family and I really really enjoyed our stay at the Laguna for 4 nights. hospitality, services, facilities, all beyond excellence. Some of my friends complained about hotels in Nusa Dua which prevent them from busy lifestyle but hey, every part of Bali has its own uniqueness. if you like busy hectic life, you might stay at Kuta or Seminyak area but for those who seek tranquility and peaceful serenity, then nothing beats Nusa Dua.

Back to the hotel, as a member of Starwood, I always demand the best from each Starwood's hotel and resort. The Laguna exceeds beyond everything. Check in was as smooth as silk, only took 5 minutes. were given refreshment drink which was indeed refreshing. room was big and beautiful. hotel staffs really treat you well, even reacted fast whenever I needed some help or assistance. one thing that I loved about Laguna is the lagoon-style pool and beautifully styled garden. it sort of makes you feel that you are not in a hotel but somewhere in an island just for yourself.

breakfast at Laguna offered lots of varieties though sometimes it gets pretty boring after two or three days but luckily we were able to deal with it. too bad I did not get a chance to try their Spa facility due to short time. Nevertheless, The Laguna is one of a resort that not only knows how to maintain their status as a five star resort but also as a resort that understand it's customers. If i have a chance to go back to Bali, I will definitely stay at The Laguna again. probably I'd like to try one of their villa which offers much more privacy for me. The Laguna is a highly recommended resort for honeymooners, families, even single traveler and business traveler who likes to experience one-of-a-kind serenity.

Room Tip: lagoon access room, definitely a must for honeymooners or even for those who like to have the lagoon...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank travelingmadam
thelagunabali, General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear Travelingmadam,

Warmest greetings from The Laguna Resort & Spa!

Thank you for taking some of your precious time to write a favorable review on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to learn that you had an indigenous and exceptional stay with us. We really appreciate your highlights on our resort, its service and facilities and we are proud that we have contributed in some small way in making your stay memorable.

It is always rewarding to hear such positive comments regarding our staff since it will boost their spirit to maintain our service standard. I am also happy to learn that you like our Deluxe Lagoon Access Room that provides our valued guests direct access to our beautiful lagoon.

We hope that on your next visit, you will have an opportunity to try our spa treatments and stay in our Pool Villa.

Thank you for recommending The Laguna Resort & Spa to other reviewers and we look forward to welcoming you back for another exceptional and indigenous experience.

Hotel Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (631)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stayed here last week for 3D/2N on a business trip. I was thrilled when I entered the room and saw the view from my balcony. It turned out, I got a deluxe lagoon access room. It means, I can swim straight from my balcony to the swimable lagoon. Cool eh?

The staffs were nice. When I wanted to go to the gym at 11 pm, they were very helpful, turning on the electricity and providing me with a bottle of water and towel. The breakfast was yummy. My favorite is the omelette and chicken sausage. They were delicious! I don't know what they put in those two, but I'm very happy with the taste.

But there was one thing that annoyed me. When I checked in to the room, I put a pack of potato chips near my bed. I already opened the pack, and I put it half closed. Then I went to attend some meetings and came back at night. When I checked the pack, there were lots of big red ants all over it and also on the table. It's very gross because I never thought that five stars hotel like this would have insects inside its room.

Room Tip: Choose the one with lagoon access. Here, you can swim right from your balcony.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank irrasistible
thelagunabali, General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear Irrasistible,

Warmest greetings from The Laguna Resort & Spa!

Thank you for taking some of your precious time to share your favorable review on Tripadvisor.

It is wonderful to learn that you had an enriching experience with us and that you enjoyed your room with direct access to our beautiful lagoon.

We really appreciate your positive feedback regarding the excellent service of our staff and we are happy that you enjoyed our cuisine selection. For our complete culinary journey, please visit balibeyondgourmet.com.

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding the ants and rest assured that we have addressed this with our housekeeping team.

Once again, constructive feedback is priceless for us since it allows us to look into the area we failed to meet your expectation and make necessary improvement to maintain our standard.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Laguna Resort & Spa for another exceptional and indigenous experience.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

This hotel is by far the best hotel I stayed at for my honeymoon & I've been to 3 hotels so far, amazing setting, amazing food at the seafood dinner open buffet Arawana for just $ 45 per person ( seriously the best fish, shrimps, and squids), and delicious huge variety in breakfast, the spa is amazing but a little bit expensive.. The sea view is fabulous, people are very nice, and hospitality is no. 1 target at this place.. Kulkul stuff is very peofessional & friendly.. Dont do alot of plans outside the hotel bec u won't wanna leave the hotel.. Trust me, U should come here..

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank DKin60years
thelagunabali, General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear DKin60years,

Warmest greetings from The Laguna Resort & Spa!

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to learn that you had a most enriching and memorable honeymoon at The Laguna and that everything we offered has exceeded your expectation.

Thank you for highlighting our grounds, the cuisine and hospitality service which are in line with surrounding reviews. Further, we are glad that our team at Kul Kul Bar has taken care of you very well. We will surely share your positive feedback with the whole team whom I am sure will be happy to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional and memorable experience are well recognized.

For your kind reference, we will be very happy if you can find our complete culinary journey on balibeyondgourmet.com.

We do hope your memorable honeymoon with us will bring you back to The Laguna Resort & Spa in the not too distant future.

malaysia
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Me and my wife decided to stay at Laguna for 6 days for our annual visit to Bali.

Arriving at Ngurah Rai was a bit frustrating as we were expecting airport transfer by hotel (where I have sent email twice few days earlier to book but no respond) and been waiting for 20 minutes in case of late coming. Finally, we ended up taking a cab which is OK for us.

Our first impression upon arrival was great as Dwi (nice guy) greet us with warm welcome and the welcome drinks is a great relief after travelling. Check-in was smooth and relaxing as it is done by Dwi and we just sit and enjoy our drinks.
We booked a Studio Room and given a room which is a bit secluded (good for those who wants privacy) but after talking to Dwi, he quickly entertained our request by moving us right away to another room which has spectacular view and near to the breakfast area and beach.. Lovely!!

Breakfast is superb but for those who stay longer might feel that it is a bit repetitive as it is the same menu but it is delicious. Dining at Arwana either ala-carte or buffet is delicious as well and the view is breathless.

Spa is an bit disappointment as we planned to have spa in hotel every day (as we usually do at other hotel) but after 1st trial of Aromatherapy we decided not to continue as we are not comfortable being massaged by a pregnant lady and they are lack of skills too. I believe there is a room for improvement there.

Butter service is most efficient and being able to order at anytime is a great pleasure to us.

Free-wifi in room and all over hotel premises (even up to the beach) is another great convenience provided by the hotel.

We read reviews by others complaining on the high food & beverage price (esp. Alcohol drinks).. We must say, shame on them, it is a 5star hotel..what do you expect?

Overall, we are extremely delighted that we have stayed at this lovely hotel and will DEFINITELY come back again.. Thanks to all staff at Laguna for making our stay a memorable one!

Room Tip: We had a studio room facing lagoon & breakfast area.. Fascinating!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Iir_12
thelagunabali, General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Dear Lir_12,

Warmest greeting from The Laguna Resort & Spa!

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Laguna Resort & Spa on TripAdvisor.

Firstly, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at the airport. According to our record there was no correspondence found requesting airport pickup on your arrival and again we apologize for missing this important request. Further, it concerned me greatly that our spa treatment didn’t live up to your expectation and we apologize since this is not the standard we try so hard to maintain. We have personally discussed this with the department concerned and rest assured that improvement will be followed up to assure that we meet our valued guests’ expectation.

I was pleased to learn that Dwi has assisted you along your check in process and helped you through with your concerns.

We really appreciate your highlight on our cuisine which has been famous as one of the best in the island. For your kind reference, please find us on balibeyondgourmet.com for our complete culinary journey.

Your constructive feedback is priceless since it allows us to look into the area we failed to meet your expectation and maintain our standard.

We look forward to welcoming you again to The Laguna Resort & Spa Bali.

New Gisborne, Australia
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Hi we have just arrived back to Australia from our stay at the Laguna and we had a Lagoon View room on the second level, (room 248) we had requested another room through our TA but did not get it , but nonetheless the room was great. But if you want rooms with direct access to the lagoon, you book a 'Lagoon Access' room. We were going to book one of these but were unsure as we hadn't stayed at this resort before, but now we would definitely try and book the 'Access' room next time, even though our 'Lagoon View' room was wonderful it would be nice to be able to just have a quick swim and then get directly back into your room, although sitting around their beautiful pools is so relaxing. You will love it here seriously it ticks all of the boxes. Rms 250 - 252 looked nice too with lovely views. .. service was excellent, pots of tea delivered to room when requested even at 9.30pm ! insert smiley face here . Buffet breakfast was heaven on earth and what a location for breakfast, the list goes on .. we are already working out when we can get back there. (you can also walk along the beach promenade to Bali Collection Shopping Centre and its huge !! ) Selamat

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Wannabe30,

Warmest greetings from The Laguna Resort & Spa!

Thank you for taking some of your precious time to write on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to learn that you had an exceptional and indigenous experience with us. Your highlight regarding our Deluxe Lagoon View Room is in line with surrounding reviews and we are glad that you would like to return and stay in our Lagoon Access Room which provides direct access to our beautiful blue lagoon with spectacular view.

We appreciate your positive feedback regarding our cuisine and will be very happy if you can find us on balibeyondgourmet.com for our complete culinary journey.

Once again, we are thrilled to find that we have contributed in some small way in making your stay with us a memorable and flawless one.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Laguna Resort & Spa whenever you return to this Paradise Island.