Me and my wife decided to stay at Laguna for 6 days for our annual visit to Bali.
Arriving at Ngurah Rai was a bit frustrating as we were expecting airport transfer by hotel (where I have sent email twice few days earlier to book but no respond) and been waiting for 20 minutes in case of late coming. Finally, we ended up taking a cab which is OK for us.
Our first impression upon arrival was great as Dwi (nice guy) greet us with warm welcome and the welcome drinks is a great relief after travelling. Check-in was smooth and relaxing as it is done by Dwi and we just sit and enjoy our drinks.
We booked a Studio Room and given a room which is a bit secluded (good for those who wants privacy) but after talking to Dwi, he quickly entertained our request by moving us right away to another room which has spectacular view and near to the breakfast area and beach.. Lovely!!
Breakfast is superb but for those who stay longer might feel that it is a bit repetitive as it is the same menu but it is delicious. Dining at Arwana either ala-carte or buffet is delicious as well and the view is breathless.
Spa is an bit disappointment as we planned to have spa in hotel every day (as we usually do at other hotel) but after 1st trial of Aromatherapy we decided not to continue as we are not comfortable being massaged by a pregnant lady and they are lack of skills too. I believe there is a room for improvement there.
Butter service is most efficient and being able to order at anytime is a great pleasure to us.
Free-wifi in room and all over hotel premises (even up to the beach) is another great convenience provided by the hotel.
We read reviews by others complaining on the high food & beverage price (esp. Alcohol drinks).. We must say, shame on them, it is a 5star hotel..what do you expect?
Overall, we are extremely delighted that we have stayed at this lovely hotel and will DEFINITELY come back again.. Thanks to all staff at Laguna for making our stay a memorable one!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Nusa Dua resort area, on Bali's most beautiful beach, the Laguna Resort & Spa boast panoramic view of Indian Ocean. The 257 guest rooms and 19 suites combine modern Balinese style with evocative tropical garden or lagoon views, the resort’s unique Lagoon Access Rooms allow you to step from your private balcony directly into crystal-clear lagoon waters while the 11 pool villas feature expansive private pools. Enjoy our seven swimmable lagoons, the first swimmable lagoon in the world, stretching over 5,000-square-metres though the resort. The Lagoon Spa promises unforgettable activities while our 24-hour Butler Service ensures a matchless experience. The Laguna Resort & Spa offers a wide range of dining options featuring cuisines from around the world. Banyubiru featuring pan-Asian and International cuisines. Arwana, a beachfront restaurant, offers an extensive and unparalled premium coastal cuisine with fresh and live seafood as well as an oyster and sushi bar. Cornerstone features a wine room with a unique setting for private dining and a deli highlighting a sambal corner, a variety of homemade ice creams, chocolates, cakes and daily specialties from the rotisserie oven. In addition, our poolside Kul Kul Bar, Cascade Garden Lounge and Bar, and Sapphire Lagoon Bar offer signature cocktails, wine, spirits and light bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Starwood APAC, Prestigia and Agoda so you can book your The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- Laguna Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna Hotel
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Bali/Nusa Dua