See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 July 2015

We changed hotels to Flamboyan as our previous hotel was disgusting and unsafe to stay in. Flamboyan was a godsend. We stayed in their standard room (400,000 rupiah per night) for 2 nights, then changed to the family suite (we got it for 800,000 rupiah per night, they were asking for 1,200,000 rupiah per night as it was peak season).

The toilet in the standard suite would sometimes not stop flushing, and the air conditioner was noisy, but the family suite was perfect. While we did find the occasional critter, that is to be expected (it's a cheap hotel in Kuta after all!).

The staff are all very friendly and never say no, and the included continental breakfast is really nice.

We'll definitely be coming back to Flamboyan hotel, staying for a few nights as a stop-off on our way to staying in Ubud or other more remote places.

Wifi was very reliable.

PS the hotel is a 5 minute walk from a Commonwealth Bank ATM, Waterbom park, Centre shopping mall, the beach and some lovely places to eat.

Room tip: Stay in the family suite if you have kids, the other rooms only have 2 beds.
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank daleala
Reviewed 27 May 2015

We checked in on the day as our previously booked place was horrid. Only complaint is no bar fridge however was able to put drinks in the fridge at the check in desk, and even swapped our hot beer for cold one already in the fridge. Really close to waterbom park, shopping centre. Nice pool, helpful staff. We walked everywhere as so close.

Room tip: Top floor nice and quiet.
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank sally769
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My visit to Flamboyan Hotel in Kuta-Bali was for 3days*3nights.
The first 'experience' was that the toilet kept running after being flushed. When I alerted the desk person, he said he would tell the manager, and get it fixed. The next time, I used a hanger to push on the toilet-bowl-flapper, to help it get 'seated' --sealed. After telling the desk person again, he again said it would get fixed. In the three days*3 nights I was there, nothing was done.
The second 'experience' was that the hot water in the shower would go thru a 'cycle' of getting HOTTER ! I would add more cold..and again the 'cycle' would result in HOT !! water-> More cold water was added.... and yet again this was repeated, and again MORE cold water was added. When the desk person was made aware of this 'danger of burning,' he said he would have the manager take care of it.... and NOTHING was done to alleviate the problem.
The third 'incident' was regarding the door, lock, + key. On arriving, I was unable to extract the key from the outside door lock, and called to the desk person for help. I asked him, "What about when I go out tonight?" He answered, "Just call me, I get key out for you." This was his repeated reply...all three days+ nights-- and that is just what I had to do, regardless of the hour !
The room was clean; the TV worked well, as did the AC. As mentioned, the hot water was HOT!!!, regardless of adding cold.... perhaps one needs to turn on COLD, and add a bit of hot, slowly...?
It is highly questionable if I would return, esp due to HOT shower and the running toilet (therefore, no water in the toilet bowl to flush it with).

Room tip: WiFi available only from rooms closest to*above the reception. CHECK FIRST: the shower temperature !!!
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at flamboyan hotel in March 2014 and it was was of the best places I have ever stayed in Bali the staff were incredibly nice and helpful, plus it was worth the money even though it wasn't expensive I would totally stay there again with out a doubt. the rooms were cleaned daily and they were cleaned very well with the sheets changed and bathroom scrubed the pool is small but very relaxing all together it was an extremely pleasant stay I will defiantly be returning soon.

Date of stay: March 2014
1  Thank Anna12345678901
Reviewed 31 July 2013

It was clean, the pool is nice (even though you're next to the beach), people are friendly. But the owner always wants to set you up with his family and friends and insists on it. It was sometimes disturbing. His prices are a bit expensive for what its worth. But if you want it easy and you don't mind to pay a little extra not to bother, it's perfect for you. I'm little more independent, so I didn't need all that.

The hotel is in a strange alley that doesn't seem safe. We had no problem at all, but at night, it still feels kind of uncomfortable. It's not far from the beach, but a bit from all the party down the road.

The big disappointment in the attitude of the owner who wants to set you up and the little overprice. But in the end, it's Kuta... everything is overpriced.

Date of stay: July 2013