See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My visit to Flamboyan Hotel in Kuta-Bali was for 3days*3nights.
The first 'experience' was that the toilet kept running after being flushed. When I alerted the desk person, he said he would tell the manager, and get it fixed. The next time, I used a hanger to push on the toilet-bowl-flapper, to help it get 'seated' --sealed. After telling the desk person again, he again said it would get fixed. In the three days*3 nights I was there, nothing was done.
The second 'experience' was that the hot water in the shower would go thru a 'cycle' of getting HOTTER ! I would add more cold..and again the 'cycle' would result in HOT !! water-> More cold water was added.... and yet again this was repeated, and again MORE cold water was added. When the desk person was made aware of this 'danger of burning,' he said he would have the manager take care of it.... and NOTHING was done to alleviate the problem.
The third 'incident' was regarding the door, lock, + key. On arriving, I was unable to extract the key from the outside door lock, and called to the desk person for help. I asked him, "What about when I go out tonight?" He answered, "Just call me, I get key out for you." This was his repeated reply...all three days+ nights-- and that is just what I had to do, regardless of the hour !
The room was clean; the TV worked well, as did the AC. As mentioned, the hot water was HOT!!!, regardless of adding cold.... perhaps one needs to turn on COLD, and add a bit of hot, slowly...?
It is highly questionable if I would return, esp due to HOT shower and the running toilet (therefore, no water in the toilet bowl to flush it with).

Room tip: WiFi available only from rooms closest to*above the reception. CHECK FIRST: the shower temperature !!!
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at flamboyan hotel in March 2014 and it was was of the best places I have ever stayed in Bali the staff were incredibly nice and helpful, plus it was worth the money even though it wasn't expensive I would totally stay there again with out a doubt. the rooms were cleaned daily and they were cleaned very well with the sheets changed and bathroom scrubed the pool is small but very relaxing all together it was an extremely pleasant stay I will defiantly be returning soon.

Date of stay: March 2014
1  Thank Anna12345678901
Reviewed 31 July 2013

It was clean, the pool is nice (even though you're next to the beach), people are friendly. But the owner always wants to set you up with his family and friends and insists on it. It was sometimes disturbing. His prices are a bit expensive for what its worth. But if you want it easy and you don't mind to pay a little extra not to bother, it's perfect for you. I'm little more independent, so I didn't need all that.

The hotel is in a strange alley that doesn't seem safe. We had no problem at all, but at night, it still feels kind of uncomfortable. It's not far from the beach, but a bit from all the party down the road.

The big disappointment in the attitude of the owner who wants to set you up and the little overprice. But in the end, it's Kuta... everything is overpriced.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I had very mixed feelings about my stay here. The room I stayed in was very nice & clean, had aircon, tv, comfy beds with extremely comfortable pillows. But then I went into the bathroom... I don't know if they'd had any guests stay in my room for a while but when looking up at the ceiling there was a line of small spiders all around the edge of the ceiling as well as lines of ants going up and down the corner of the wall. I did get used to it in the end as they both are harmless but I did avoid going into the bathroom as much as possible! The shower was a bit annoying to use too as it was either scorching hot or very cold and only stayed warm for a few seconds until it went to one of those two extremes so ended up just having cold showers.

The pool is very small but it is a nice pool and private as it has a wall around it, however because of that it doesn't get much sunlight. This didn't really matter though as the beach is a short walk away if you walk through the discovery mall.

The breakfast was very nice and you could choose from the options at reception & then they'd bring it up to your balcony. The only thing I can flaw on the breakfast I had was their coffee. Everytime I took a sip I felt grains of powder which didn't taste good at all. I even tried mixing it in but didn't work. I had hoped it was just going to be that cup of coffee but as it turned out the same happened with every cup they made so I didn't order that again.

On a positive note, the staff here are very friendly and accommodating. They also let you use their phone if you wish to make any local calls at no charge.

The location isn't too bad. About a 3 minute walk to the main road (kartika plaza) where you have the discovery mall across the road and lots of restaurants, mini marts etc. The waterbom park is also very close. For night life it is about a 20 minute walk to jalan legian where all the clubs are.

Would maybe stay here again if they get rid of the bathroom bugs!

Date of stay: April 2013
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Flamboyan Hotel is a budget unpretentious hotel. However, repeat business & good word of mouth is always related to cleanliness. either the room had not been in use for some time or they've cut corners with regards to house-keeping.

when I checked into the room end August 2012 with my wife & baby daughter, I had to request that housekeeping scrub the toilet bowl.

bathroom floor also needed a good scrub. it would also have been nice if I could smell the Dettol scent of disinfectant.

should have also requested that the pillow covers be replaced

It's the little touches that goes a long way.

The swimming pool is small & deep.

water quality is good.

parents must certainly supervise children 3-15 years old.

any baby younger than 3 shoudn't be in the pool at all.

I was attending annual exporters' association conference with meetings running from 9-5; couldn't justify spending US$300 per nite at the designated convention centre.

brought my wife & baby daughter..

would look to look for a more upmarket hotel at next year's association meeting in 2013; with at least CNBC & Bloomberg .. a bit disappointed with hotel room this year 2012.

comes with breakfast A = boiled eggs & toast

breakfast B = continental breakfast

breakfast C = Indonesian breakfast of fried rice with fried eggs. tell them not to add salt to the egg. strong brew of coffee with sweetened milk upon request,
most Balinese just add sugar to black coffee

staff are friendly & responsive to our every requests; but some of our requests should have come automatically & intrinsically from hotel staff

especially bathroom quality