Green Garden
US$ 93
  • Pool
Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$ 641
US$ 146
Kuta Central Park Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$ 39
US$ 36
  • Breakfast included
Ramayana Resort & Spa(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$ 78
US$ 65
Agoda.com
The Patra Bali Resort & Villas(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$ 93
US$ 78
Agoda.com
Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$ 145
US$ 111
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Kumala Pantai(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$ 96
US$ 85
  • Breakfast included
Kuta Paradiso Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$ 104
US$ 99
Grand Inna Kuta(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$ 123
US$ 94
Agoda.com
Bali Rani Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$ 75
US$ 62
TripAdvisor
All reviewssmall hoteldiscovery mallspa treatmentswaterbom parksataysouth kutagreat massageother hotelsclose to the airportclean roomsegg stationpool area isfamily roombreakfast was includedgreat poolbalituban
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2012

It was my first time out of Australia, my friends and I had chosen bali. I couldn't have been happier with the hotel my girlfriend had chosen, to start off with: the moment we walked into the hotel we were greeted kindly by almost all the staff.. I honestly couldn't get over how nice everyone was here.

We did however have a problem with our booking, we showed up and gave our reservation name only to find out that we were somehow booked in for a week later than our original date? That can't be right because my girlfriend is a perfectionist and something as important as this would just be impossible for her to muck up.

Not only did that strike me as a bit odd but our reservation wasn't the only one whose seemed to be tampered with, our friends room had also been dated a week later. And another couple who arrived a couple hours later had the exact same problem.

Lucky for us they had spare rooms available. After we paid for the rooms we went up, unpacked and relaxed. Our room was absolutely beautiful, Room number 34 was ours, you could almost see your reflection in the floor!

I didn't realize how hot our room was until we figured out that our air conditioner wasn't working properly, it said 16 degrees when clearly it was blowing about 35? So we beared with it and tried not to complain too much.

The pool was amazing not too big, not too small, and the perfect temperature. We laid back on the chairs next to the pool and just took everything in, listening to the waterfall feature and the exotic birds whistling in the tree close by, thinking about nothing else except the sheer beauty surrounding us. 6.pm hit us and not a moment too soon! I was ready to indulge in the foreign food.. I almost caught myself by surprise, I honestly didn't expect the food to be this magical. If your worried about getting sick then this hotel is the place to go, bold letters in the restaurant menu let me know that the food here is cooked with bottled water, the ice in our drinks are government certified tube ice and completely harmless.

We sat there in the middle of the restaurant feeling like royalty as the glowing blue pool and waterfall Lay only meters away from us, the 3 Indonesian serenaders playing ''Tears in heaven'' while I sip a smooth cocktail and indulge myself on the amazing rice with prawns and mushrooms. I felt as if I'd died and gone to heaven.. And I was loving every second.

It was time to head back up to the room and get an early night sleep... Yeh right, I forgot to mention that our balcony was facing the streets of south kuta. Good luck if you think your getting sleep! The noise from the speeding mopeds and the ear piercing beep every 3 seconds was driving me up the wall, not to mention our air con felt like a heater. The peacefulness returned at 3:30am when the traffic died, I don't remember anything after that. I woke up barely able to open my eyes, ''Matt get up its quarter to 7, we have to be down stairs at 7 for brekky''

I was not a happy camper... Although it didn't last long, if you hadn't noticed.. I like food, and the free breakfast they served was almost as good as the dinner the night before!

I would love to write more but I haven't got the time unfortunately... I recommend this hotel, however I don't recommend room 34. I'm just grateful that our friend was kind enough to share her room with us! :D

3  Thank Mattco92
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Me and my friends and family stayed at the lovely green garden hotel in february. We were impressed instantly by the friendlyness and character of the staff, we got there very early before check in time and they kindly let us into our room anyway. The rooms were very good. And we had beautifully little towel frogs to greet us. It is the perfect little spot for a hotel. A nice distance from discovery mall and if you feel like a bit of a longer walk its good to just walk to matahari's and not bother with a taxi. I have nothing but good things to say about the restaurant staff. Always friendly always interested in our day and willing to do just about anything to help you out. The only negative i had during my stay is that there was a woman who we believed was the managers wife. She sat in the resturant area most of the time and looked angry constantly. Every now and then she caught eye contact with me and she gave me a very nasty look every time. And when I asked other guests about it they thought the same thing. The day we checked out she gave us a huge smile which was like adding insult to injury. But in saying that, After going to Bali 6 times and staying at different hotels each time, me and my family have now decided that we will from now on only stay at the green garden hotel!

4  Thank NatalieTia
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I really loved this hotel. After reading many reviews on tripadvisor i hoped this hotel would be as good as everyone else said it was and i wasnt disappointed at all. We had a slight hiccup when first checking in, somewhere between me booking through asiarooms and the hotel getting the info the dates were mixed up (slightly my own fault for not properly checking the info the hotel sent me in their confirming email) but reception was really helpful and found us 3 rooms (travelled with 2 friends and my partner) we all had different views. My partner and I had a street view room which was rather noisy at night, i didnt find it a problem but he did, our air conditioner wasnt as cold as we would have liked and the shower would leak if you had the pressure too hight but other than that our room was fine. Fresh towels every morning, we even had them made into animal shapes, used the safety deposit box and no dramas. My other two friends each had a different view, one had a pool view which was to die for! And the other had a view of a wall and the contruction going on but he said they stopped work at about 6 in the evening and started about 8 in the morning. Both of their rooms had lovely cold air con. We had the buffet breakfast each morning with all sorts of different things and it was all lovely. We ate at the hotels restaurant for most meals and none of our group got sick and everyone enjoyed their meals. The spring rolls are the best! All the staff were lovely and would do anything to help. We even used their spa facilities and we all thought it was fantastic. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that is after a cheap hotel with all the perks of one thats twice the price. Its close to everything and ill definitely be coming back again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Msmaz
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My family and I stated at the green garden in February. At first I was a little unsure when we booked online as it was rated 2 star but I was so impressed with my whole experience. The staff are the stars of this hotel if you take the time to spend five minutes with them then they will be great friends for your stay and will do anything to make your stay enjoyable. We would stay at this hotel just because of them. rooms are clean and big enough but am not sure if I would like to be in ground floor room looking over pool and everyone in the hotel walks past the rooms to get to restaurant and street so think it could be quiet noisy if you like the odd sleepin. Is one great housekeeper who does these amazing animal towels it was the delight for the day to come home to swans,dogs,elephants and pigs sitting on our bed. Only Negative on this hotel for us was the managers wife who sat in the restaurant area all the time and was not friendly to guests. Food in restaurant was nice but is lots of places to eat along the whole strip. M&M laundry across the road is great for washing (do not use money exchanger/laundry next to hotel on the left as you walk out very dodgy )

2  Thank Lounatson29
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We were in Kuta for only 2 nights, joining a cruise departing from Benoa. We read about Green Garden Hotel on Trip Advisor and it was one of the few hotels which had consistently good comments (we did not need a 5 star hotel on this occasion). The staff were friendly, the room scrupulously clean and comfortable, and it was quiet with a very good pool for cooling off after a days shopping.
The only down side was that the breakfast was very ordinary but it was adequate. If you are not looking for a resort hotel on the beach (although the beach was accessible through an adjoining hotel or through the nearby Discovery Mall, and it was not desirable for swimming as it was dirty with lots of rubbish around), this hotel is quiet, clean, comfortable and convenient.

Room Tip: The hotel is on 3 levels and does not have a lift. Anyone with mobility problems should ask for a poolside (ground level) room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple