I spent one night at Kartika when my Cathay-Pacific flight was cancelled and the airline put my wife and I up there.
It was not a place I would have chosen, however, it was late and that's where we ended up.
The night we stayed they had a buffet dinner with live entertainment -- the best I could describe is cheesy, budget cruise ship (including a local rendition of Y-M-C-A).
- The first impressions are good in the lobby and the pool area.
- The staff was good and worked hard for us.
- The grounds were OK and the pool looked good.
- The room was dated and worn.
- The bathroom had a constant sewer smell.
- The dinner and breakfast buffet was plentiful but marginal quality.
- The music from the live entertainment went well into the night (after 11PM).
Summary -- If you are looking for a budget location, close to the airport and on the ocean, this one is ok.
I gave it a below average rating, based on my expectations, which put more value on the experience and the quality of the food and lodging than the price.More