1,361 results
All reviews wharf restaurant private beach pool bar family room large pool discovery mall beautiful resort adjoining rooms egg station kids club family holiday south kuta waterbom park the ground floor an upgrade nusa dua buffet breakfast
Reviewed 6 October 2010

We booked this hotel because of the great reviews on tripadvisor. It is definitely more 3 star than 4. Was surprised by the high cost of food at the hotel and the quality, it was very very average. We ordered a pizza and it was a boxed frozen one! We have stayed at the Kartika Plaza, and that was a much nicer hotel. Ramada was ok if you are expecting a 3 star hotel.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2010

i can't remember what our travel agent exactly said how many stars supposedly this hotel is. but from what i can remember we paid for like 4-5stars, but got like 3stars.

the room was just so-so. the beach behind the hotel wasn't so great for swimming. altho the staff were generally nice. and the breakfast buffet was sumptous.

it wasn't that bad but i guess we could get more value for our money elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2010

My fiance and I stayed at the hotel for 5 days. I am an American and she is Indonesian (Batak). Twice during our stay the security guards accused her of being a prostitute. They thought that because I am white I could not understand the Indonesian language. But I heard them plain and clear when they told her she "still had sperm on her face" and asked her how many men she has sex with each week. My fiance burst into tears. If I was in my own country there would have been trouble. This happened first when I wasn't there and second when I was there, the first time she didn't tell me about because she didn't want there to be trouble. The first time they told her to give them money. How did these sad little men get such evil in their hearts? And why are they working for the Ramada?

On top of that, the room was outdated and dirty. The shower head didn't work and each time we asked for something they got it wrong. I live in Indonesia so I am used to bad service but this wasn't even funny. Oh and when I request a King sized bed I don't mean two twins strapped together so there is a hard ridge right down the middle. What a joke. And for the money we are paying, don't slap your Ramada sticker on the cheapest shampoo and body lotion known to man, how about putting a brand name in the bathroom like Aveda? So low rent. Oh and there is a new thing these days, it's called a 42 inch plasma or LCD TV, they are dirt cheap now so replacing the green tinted 19 inch Toshiba might be a good idea Ramada. For the money we paid the hotel was not worth it. You can get such a better deal at a smaller, newer and updated hotel.

All the fun we had in Bali and sadly the first memory of our trip will be these horrible men abusing my fiance. I've complained to the manager and the general manager, I'll bet they don't take any action against these two security guards. After all, they can't even fix a shower head.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Hollywood3000
Reviewed 27 August 2010

Have tried for years to get into Ramada Bintang Bali but could never get the rooms we wanted at the time we wanted them, which means it is always popular. Heard lots of good things about it and this time we were lucky.

Yes its old, but it really is in very good condition. The pool is certainly the best we have had anywhere in Kuta and we've stayed at many over the years.

The food is just ok, its not top notch but its fresh, its clean and there is plenty of it. Breakfast has something for everyone from pancakes, to nasi goreng to fresh fruit and eggs etc. Not a lot of choice, but it does change every day in the hot food section. Their coffee is actually pretty good which is a change for a resort anywhere in the world. And apart from breakfast you really should eat out if you can.

On the food, while here we went to one of the Top5 restaurants in Seminyak and decided we would have been better off staying in at the Ramada and eating on the beachfront (see my review of Breeze).

Our room is awesome, we got a deluxe suite for an excellent price, the same as a room at many other places along the strip, so it pays to book early and shop around.

Bed is very comfortable, getting lots of sleep.

Beers are reasonable in price for a resort, if you want cheap go to Circle K outside the front gate and buy from them and top up the mini bar like most sane people do.

Staff are friendly and cheerful. It is Bali so dont expect hyperdrive Singaporean service or over the top as you might get in Jakarta or other local centres. It is a holiday resort after all and remember that even the locals are on holiday all of the time even when working.

Airport pickup was handled well, only $6 per person. Room was not ready on arrival but it was within 15 minutes so no issues there. Internet is pay as you go, strongly suggest getting the 24hours connection and then you only pay as you use it, same price as 24hr connection, you're on holiday so take a holiday.

Pool surrounds are lush and comfortable. Plenty of service, lovely towels, good facilities, plenty of offers for food and drinks.

Its a 15 stroll to the local Discovery Mall, along the beach and 20 mins along the road.

All in all, we will definitely try to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aegisint
Reviewed 18 August 2010

Prior to arriving we were a bit unsure about being close to the airport and if the hotel rooms were going to be big enough for two adults and an infant in a cot. We needn't have been concerned. The short trip from/to the airport meant limited fuss on arrival and we never heard any airport noise during our stay. The rooms were big enough (after a bit of rearranging) for the king bed and the cot which the hotel happily provided for free.

The huge pool area overlooked the magnificent Bali sunsets. Breakfast buffet was quality and had a huge range to choose from. A variety of great restaurants with friendly staff a short walk from the hotel. South Kuta gave us a bit more peace than central Kuta but it was only a 15 minute walk to Kuta if needed.

We will recommend this hotel to others and will likely stay here when we return to Bali.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family