This was our families 4th year in a row staying at the Patra. We stayed 9 nights in a deluxe suite.
Firstly, let me say that I am not one to normally stay at the same place 4 times but Patra just has everything that we need at a price that can't be beaten by other hotels. The standout features for us are:
* 2 rooms in the deluxe suite; a bedroom with TV and a lounge room with TV for the kids (2 boys aged 6 and 8). Having 2 rooms affords us some privacy and 2 TV's means we aren't stuck watching Tom and Jerry each morning
* A massive pool that has a maximum depth of 1.2metres - deep enough for a swim and also means that the kids can touch the bottom of the pool so a bit more relaxing as a parent
* Free kids club
* Directly on the beach
The breakfast was great as normal. My kids do miss the chocolate sauce that used to be available with the waffles and they were hanging out for donuts to appear but I wasn't overly disappointed that the 2 things weren't available as they were eating enough anyway. The place where breakfast is served has been renovated. The coffee is in a machine now and is better tha the perculated coffee from before. Some staff members recognised us at breakfast and made a point of saying hello each morning which was nice.
The beds were so comfy. We had spent a week up at Bingin before coming to the Patra so the Patra beds seemed extra comfy this year compared to what we'd been sleeping on.
It seems that little changes are happening, for the good, such as less stuff in the mini bar - which I only ever empty anyway to fill with our stuff. Looks like an effort is being made to encourage guests to stay for dinner. Would be great if kids under 12 ate free (currently it is kids under 6 eat free)
There were ample lounges by the pool although you still have some people claiming lounges with a towel while not even there.
While we were there my husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary. Guest relations phoned us on the day that we arrived to confirm what day it was on and what we had planned for the day. When we said that we were going to Jimbaren for dinner they must've noted it because when we arrived home that night they rang our room to say that they were bringing up a cake. Such a nice touch and the yummiest chocolate cake.
We had a few cocktails by the pool in happy hour but didn't eat there otherwise (except bfast).
The boys went to kids club a few times becuase they enjoyed doing the craft that was available.
We checked out a few other hotels up the road while on our holiday (the Rama and the Risata) but the Patra just wins for space and location.
Staff were all friendly, even the gardeners in the morning would stop what they were doing to say hi. The drivers available through the Patra were reasonably priced and I felt safe using them esp old Nyoman and Mr Bali.
Thanks also to Tami and Imran from sales and reservations
I really can't fault the Patra and will probably be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Patra Jasa Bali Resort and Villas is a five star hotel set amongst 11 hectares of combination panoramic ocean and lush garden views, reflecting a true element of style in the culturally rich environment of Bali. The location is ideal, a huge landscaped property on South Kuta Beach, directly on the Indian Ocean and only five minutes from the airport. A huge (free) kids club with variety of kid's activities and great facilities for families made Patra Jasa Bali Resort & Villas one of Bali's most popular family resorts and the tropical gardens are particularly favored for weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Patra Jasa Bali Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Patra Bali Resort & Villas Hotel Kuta
- The Patra Bali Resort And Villas
- Patra Bali Resort
- Patra Bali Hotel
- Patra Jasa Bali Resort & Villas Kuta