New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Patra Jasa Bali Resort & Villas

Patra Jasa Bali Resort & Villas
Ranked #36 of 225 Hotels in Kuta
ballina
“Can't compare to others”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

This was our families 4th year in a row staying at the Patra. We stayed 9 nights in a deluxe suite.
Firstly, let me say that I am not one to normally stay at the same place 4 times but Patra just has everything that we need at a price that can't be beaten by other hotels. The standout features for us are:
* 2 rooms in the deluxe suite; a bedroom with TV and a lounge room with TV for the kids (2 boys aged 6 and 8). Having 2 rooms affords us some privacy and 2 TV's means we aren't stuck watching Tom and Jerry each morning
* A massive pool that has a maximum depth of 1.2metres - deep enough for a swim and also means that the kids can touch the bottom of the pool so a bit more relaxing as a parent
* Free kids club
* Directly on the beach
The breakfast was great as normal. My kids do miss the chocolate sauce that used to be available with the waffles and they were hanging out for donuts to appear but I wasn't overly disappointed that the 2 things weren't available as they were eating enough anyway. The place where breakfast is served has been renovated. The coffee is in a machine now and is better tha the perculated coffee from before. Some staff members recognised us at breakfast and made a point of saying hello each morning which was nice.
The beds were so comfy. We had spent a week up at Bingin before coming to the Patra so the Patra beds seemed extra comfy this year compared to what we'd been sleeping on.
It seems that little changes are happening, for the good, such as less stuff in the mini bar - which I only ever empty anyway to fill with our stuff. Looks like an effort is being made to encourage guests to stay for dinner. Would be great if kids under 12 ate free (currently it is kids under 6 eat free)
There were ample lounges by the pool although you still have some people claiming lounges with a towel while not even there.
While we were there my husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary. Guest relations phoned us on the day that we arrived to confirm what day it was on and what we had planned for the day. When we said that we were going to Jimbaren for dinner they must've noted it because when we arrived home that night they rang our room to say that they were bringing up a cake. Such a nice touch and the yummiest chocolate cake.
We had a few cocktails by the pool in happy hour but didn't eat there otherwise (except bfast).
The boys went to kids club a few times becuase they enjoyed doing the craft that was available.
We checked out a few other hotels up the road while on our holiday (the Rama and the Risata) but the Patra just wins for space and location.
Staff were all friendly, even the gardeners in the morning would stop what they were doing to say hi. The drivers available through the Patra were reasonably priced and I felt safe using them esp old Nyoman and Mr Bali.
Thanks also to Tami and Imran from sales and reservations
I really can't fault the Patra and will probably be back

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank jenstrongy
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

My reservation experience is a nightmare as I sent an email that was not replied and had to call to confirm with the reservation team. With that over, I arrived to the hotel in the evening. It looked lovely until I stepped out of my cab. There was someone at the foot of the stairs in uniform who just looked and then ignored me entirely

But as I travel light, I didn't bother. I went to the boot of my cab to carry out my own bags and no one bothered again. As I reached reception, I had some enquiries about future bookings on rates and whether I had to go through same agent or can contact hotel. The staff said only the Front Office Manager is able to advice on rates. I asked if I am able to meet the person. Staff replied no as he only deals with VIPs. I waited thinking he will let me know when the chap might be free or ... but nothing

So I got up and grab my bag and asked for directions to the room and walked out trying to hunt for my room. Bellboy stopped me halfway and offered a lift on the buggy

When I reached, it got worse ... bouquet of flowers and someone's plate etc was outside my doorway and this was after 5:00pm! Bellboy didn't bother to remove it when I came out later!

I do not even want to start about my room. Great design, lots of space but very poor maintenance from broken clothes hooks, crushed doors, stained, dust encrusted bed and many other things

I will say this - best is the Guest Service Center. Every call is attended in less than 2 rings. And they are pleasant and efficient!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank elfin27
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

Stayed in April 2012 for two weeks for our wedding (13 guests in total). No complaints from any of our guests. Pool was nice, breakfast buffet was vast and fresh, concierge was helpful. Selling point for this resort is that it has good security unlike many of the resorts around Tuban and Kuta. Would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jmagthom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stayed at the Patra for 15 nights in July, 2011, on our first trip to Bali. There were 6 of us staying there and we could not of been treated any better. The Patra is unbelievable!!!!! The pool would have to be the nicest we have ever been in and the grounds were immaculate. We stayed in the royal villa, expensive but well worth it, it had three rooms, a garden area, a elevated private dinning room, a private plunge pool/spa and access to the beautiful villa private large pool. We honestly felt like we were rock stars. The breakfast was perfect, who could complain about getting their bacon and eggs freshly cooked and as many seconds as your stomach could handle. The japanese restaurant served the nicest fish we had outside of Jimbarran Bay. The staff were extremely nice and we made some good friends who we still stay in contact with, even the locals just at the beach in front of the hotel were good. If i had to say one thing that was dissappointing it would be how much it costs to eat and drink in the resort but you only need to walk just along the beach to find cheap drinks and going out to different places for your main meals is what you should do when you are on holidays anyway. Overall the Patra made our holiday. My wife, kids and I really loved the Patra and were TREATED LIKE KINGS. Thank you Patra for an awesome holiday.....

Room Tip: You can't go past the royal villa but we had friends in a deluxe suite and that was more than ok
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

10 nights at the Patra Mid last year. Check in good. Go for the deluxe rooms with the lounge area attached so you can close off from the bedroom. Big and spacious. Worth the extra money. Drawbacks were, around the pool bar, was a foul stench, so it was impossible to sit there, and the parents allowing children to jump off the bar/stools into the pool was not on! Sorry but a few feral groups of Aussies claimed the same corner of the pool each day, and we felt rather uncomfortable, almost like they owned the resort, Loud and obnoxious. Breakfast was ok, but lots of children to contend with, so if you are after an adults holiday, dont stay. Being our 7th trip to Bali I probably wouldnt stay again. Also as the airport has been extended it may be too close.

Room Tip: No doubt Deluxe a must.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends