“Dont book too early...!!! u will get hurt..”

Hard Rock Hotel Bali
Ranked #24 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 6 February 2012

we just safely arrive home after 3 night stayed from 3-6 feb 2012.

We booked for KIDS SUITE for more than 6 month ago, but when I and the family arrived at the hotel, the reception's staff told us that there was no room as we requested for tonight and the manager-in charge, named DEDE told us the room's air cond suddenly fault and the ceiling collapse, im not that stupid as which for me its a FAKE REASON in any way..

My 8 years old son cant accept and crying all the night because we promise him for a long time and he frequently look at the kids suite photo on website before we come..SERIOUSLY, i think i wanna change to another hotel and feels like wanna back home..
actually we have experience before in HARD ROCK HOTEL PATTAYA but they call us a week before and inform us the hotel is under renovation..and they locate us to another room (refer to the HARD ROCK HOTEL PATTAYA thread) which was fine for me and family..

so, after long discussion with the reception staff, they give us the deluxe premium which for me, its spoil and ruin my holiday..then the 2nd day, theres still no KIDS SUITE available for us, and they offer us to move to the deluxe suite which still really make us down in mood.. even the room was okay but we r still not happy..only on the 3rd night the KIDS SUITE available for us..this is what we looking for for this holiday but unfortunately, its only for 1 night and we have to check out early in the morning as our flight is on 6am..

Besides, in the other hand, we enjoy the large and beautiful swimming pool,, the restaurant, the lil rock club activities the public relation guy - ANDY, the poolside staff, NITA and the gang, the bell boy the supir, thank you so much.. u guys make our holiday enjoyable..

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank BartRusli
HardRockHoteBali, Director of Marketing Communications at Hard Rock Hotel Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Dear BartRusli,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this invaluable feedback about your stay at our resort. We take your comments very seriously and I am extremely sorry to read about your bad experience with our property. Our guests’ satisfaction is our top priority and we take great pride in not only meeting individual expectations, but exceeding them. I am committed to ensuring that we address and resolve each point you have made.

The glitch mentioned in your review that the room you booked was not available because there was a problem with the Air Conditioning and ceiling at that time. Our hotel apologizes sincerely for this and the inconvenience.

On the other hand, we thank you for sharing your enjoyment of your recent stay at Hard Rock Hotel Bali, especially the expansive pools, quality of the food, Lil’ Rock Kids Club and the friendliness of the staff. I'm pleased to hear that you had a memorable stay. We are extremely proud of our family of 500 staff and it is particularly rewarding to hear you talk so highly of them. They really think of visitors as honored guests to their island home and consider it a great privilege to be at your service.

I appreciate your constructive feedback and apologize unreservedly. By separate dispatch we have sent you a letter with a little surprise (please advise us of your address). I hope that in doing so, you would give Hard Rock Hotel Bali another opportunity to make amends. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and please contact me for any assistance at olie@hardrockhotels.net

With warm regards,

Aulianty Fellina Rizal
Director of Marketing Communications
Hard Rock Hotel Bali

Reviewed 3 February 2012

I stayed here with my family back in June 2011 and the overall experience was mixed. However, I have problems getting my refund of USD15 from the hotel who has double-charged me for my airport pick-up transportation. It is not a huge sum but I am disappointed that despite a positive reply that they will reimburse me, I have not received any reimbursement so far. This is in spite of my numerous reminders sent to the hotel. I wonder if the hotel is interested in repeated customers?

Pros:
- Location is great.
- Pool is good, esp for kids.
- Staff are also friendly when we were on-site.

Cons:
- Tap water has a strange taste so we had to use bottled water, even for brushing teeth. (not sure if this is a problem across all hotels?)
- Room: Mosquites (you need to ask for the electrical repellent from hotel)
- Lack of response (post-stay experience is bad)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank DChang
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We have just had 3 nights at the Hard Rock Hotel, after returning from Nusa Lembogan Island and this place was fantastic. Our room was suitable for our needs, we could not fault the service within the hotel either. The guys around the pool were just great and we did not see our son for the entire day whilst we were laying around the pool - they just entertained all day and this suited our son as he got involved in all the challenges that they had going on. The breakfast was just amazing with a great selection of food to choose from. The only thing is that maybe they did not have it set up very well as where they cook the omelets, eggs etc.... the queue was all over the place and others could not get into get their bacon or what ever else was around that area, but as for selection - just great.
Would we return - yes but if you wanted to have a romantic type of holiday - this is not the place to visit as this hotel is very busy and very commericalised - but we enjoyed it alot. Thank you to everyone at the Hard Rock - I can guarentee we will be back at some stage, and hope that all Hard Rock Hotels offer the service that you guys did as we have booked into the Hard Rock in Penang later in the year, so hoping that they can live up to the Bali Hard Rock.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank FordyPerth
Reviewed 2 February 2012

The hotel is located in a nice area and just a walk across the street to a beautiful beach and along the same street, never ending choices of eateries. Breakfast buffet was pretty good with a large array of dishes, I could have eaten all day long! The swimming pools were simply outstanding, I counted 3 of them and the staff were courteous, friendly and helpful. Only shortcoming was the poor air conditioning in the hotel lobby. Would certainly stay here for our next visit to Bali.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank StevenMohan
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Stayed at the hardrock 11 Jan to 20 Jan.Family of 5, kids 15,10 & 3,Awesome time.Stayed in a Loft room.Hotel staff were very friendly & always willing to help.Beds were comfortable & clean.The kids club was a great time out for the 10 & 3 year old when shopping was getting boring.Kids cooked Pizzas, watched movies, rock wall climbing.breakfast was excellent great range of choices, asian, danish pasteries, pancakes,fresh made omelete to your specs.Food is a bit more expensive than other restaurants but we preferred to eat out & about anyway.Pool is fantastic,slides for the kids, many a time spent at the pool bar.Also booked a cabana on the last day.checked out at 12.00pm put the luggage in the hotel luggage room & went down to the cabana & spent the spare rupee.Will be going back to visit in August;

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room away from center stage.Although the band ends at 12.00pm so it is not a rea...