“Dive Vacation”

AquaMarine Diving - Bali
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ABOUT US AquaMarine Diving - Bali only offers only Bali's better dive locations: These are on the east, north east and north west coasts. These careful selections, combined with the experience of our Balinese dive staff and British safety standards, make an unbeatable combination. You can be sure of not only safe, enjoyable diving but also that we will show you the best Bali has to offer. We were Indonesia's first Project AWARE Go ECO Operator, and have received the PADI Green Star Award in recognition of our commitment to environmental protection. BALI'S DIVING Situated in the Indo-Pacific, the world's richest marine biogeographic zone, Bali receives very plankton-rich waters and so contains a stunningly diverse underwater ecosystem with diving to suit everyone. Bali has vertical walls and sand slopes; shipwrecks, steel and wooden; limestone shorelines and black, volcanic outcrops; peaceful bays and ripping currents; deep, coral-covered ridges, shallow seagrass beds and big bommies; with both shore- and boat-diving available around the island. DAY TRIPS For those staying in south Bali and doing Day Trips, our air-conditioned minibuses will take you from your hotel, through beautiful Balinese countryside, past rice terraces, along coastlines, via rural villages, with great views of Mount Agung (Bali's most revered volcano), to Bali's top dive sites. We also offer Special Day Trips: some are seasonal - based on pelagic migrations; while others are rarely visited dive sites with plenty of marinelife but few other divers. SAFARIS (dive and accommodation packages) A Safari allows you to see more Bali, visit several sites and cut down on road travel. Prices include accommodation near the sites so you can do more dives per day if desired and schedule your dives for different marinelife and lighting. AquaMarine customises Safaris for beginners, underwater photographers and groups, according to your interest and personal requirements. PADI COURSES AquaMarine offers PADI courses from Bubblemakers (8yrs+) to Divemaster (professional level); plus a wide variety of PADI Specialty Courses. Flexible schedules to fit your holiday plans. With its tropical waters, Bali is an ideal place to learn to dive, and the huge variety of dive sites also make Bali a great please to further your dive education. 1 DAY INTRODUCTORY ADVENTURE DIVING PROGRAMME AquaMarine designed this programme for people who either do not have time for a PADI course or would just like a taste of scuba-diving. We usually conduct this on Tulamben's world-famous USAT Liberty shipwreck - there's no better place to fall in love with diving! All of AquaMarine Diving - Bali's dive programmes include transport (land and boat), 2 Day Dives, PADI dive guide (Divemaster or above), MSIG diver medical insurance, basic equipment, lunch with softdrinks/water, PADI courses include manual and certification. Non-divers are welcome to join any trip; snorkelling is available at all sites subject to conditions. BEYOND BALI AquaMarine Diving - Bali also operates as an agent for other reputable dive resorts and liveaboards throughout Indonesia (including Wakatobi, Komodo, Alor, Raja Ampat, Bunaken, Lembeh, Pulau Weh, Gorontalo, Togian Islands, Ambon & Kalimantan). Please contact us for more information and reservations. We often have special rates and packages available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

I write this review for Aquamarine Diving Co, Bali to share my experience diving with the shop and help Divers select their dive shop incase they happen to be in Bali.
My experience is as below:-
1. I had started my correspondence with Aquamarine diving since February for dives I would take in April, while on vacation.
Natalie made regular correspondence with me on mail and was very responsive and patient to every query of mine. I can compare that because I had mailed other shops as well.
2. I had requested price quote for ten dives and the price was very reasonable which was around 36,000₹ in total. So, I had paid 50% for booking my dives and the rest upon reaching Bali.
3. On the day of dives, the shop made pick up from the hotel I was staying in and they were very punctual.
4. My PADI certified instructor was Mitra on two occasions and Marta on two other days and Joe, an intern with the dive shop was made my buddy. They were very professional lot and I enjoyed every dive site I was taken to. Was even lucky to see the Mola Mola offseason :-)
5. Overall, a great diving experience with Aquamarine diving and I strongly recommend the shop for ur dive adventures as well.

Date of experience: April 2018
Annabel T, Owner at AquaMarine Diving - Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Dear jinju242002

Thank you for reviewing AMD-B here on TA, we appreciate it :-)

Thank you also for messaging Natalie each day of your diving to let her know what a great time you’d had, the different things you’d seen at each dive site, and about your AMD-B Dive Guides – it is rare that someone is considerate enough to do that, thank you again, and I’m delighted you had such a superb time :-)

I see for your 4days of diving, you went to Blue Lagoon twice, Tulamben Bay (for the 120m USAT Liberty Shipwreck) and also over to Nusa Penida – wonderful.

And yes, although there were strong currents, you DID see Mola-Mola (Ocean sunfish) out of season – yours might actually have been the first sighting we had this year, but I’m not actually in the office right now to check our records.

I’m so pleased you had “a great diving experience with AquaMarine” and that you “strongly recommend” us, and hope it won’t be too long before you are back here yourself :-)

All reviews
"secret bay"
"boat crew"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 22 April 2018

We booked before we arrived & the communication was excellent. Then the staff before during & after the 2 dives were first class. My wife unfortunately broke her foot just before we dived but the instructor held her next to him & swam for her. One of the other staff gave up her fleece suit (much easier to get on than a standard wetsuit) otherwise she would have missed out on 2 really good dives. Would have no hesitation diving with these guys again.

Date of experience: March 2018
Annabel T, Owner at AquaMarine Diving - Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Dear OB141

I appreciate you taking the time to review AquaMarine Diving - Bali here on TripAdvisor, thank you.

I am pleased to hear you found the pre-trip enquiry/booking process to be “excellent” and that high level of service carried through to your actual day of diving with us. We have great colleagues in all sections of the company :-) I’m also pleased to hear you enjoyed your chosen dive sites.

I hope your wife’s foot healed quickly and you were able to get out and about to enjoy other activities in Bali.

If I remember correctly, both you and your wife had been out of the water for a while prior to your trip – great choice to do Refreshers beforehand (I wish more people made the decision to do so!).

Everyone in AMD-B looks forward to welcoming you both back to Bali :-)

Reviewed 21 April 2018

We chose to dive with AquaMarine Diving - Bali over the Easter long weekend. We had two separate bookings:
- Leisure diving, for my boyfriend
- PADI Open Water Course, for myself

These are fairly standard bookings, yet AquaMarine had great difficulty organising any of the two itineraries. Mainly due their lazy approach to reading our emails including addressing my boyfriend and me interchangeably (the person in charge is Natalie) and completely ignoring trailing emails and communication. At this stage, we were fed up and informed them we were choosing another dive company given the un-professionalism they had demonstrated. Following our communication that we would NOT dive with them, they apologised profusely and offered us a discount, if we decided to dive with them. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, we decided to proceed with our original plans, which took over 60 emails to finalise.

Prior to the first day of my dive course, I received some bad family news and was in no frame of mind to dive. We informed AquaMarine, for which they offered to downgrade my package from Open Water to the Scuba Diver course. We politely declined given that we would in all likelihood be required to cancel our Bali holiday short.

However, we were pestered throughout the day to confirm, despite them knowing our situation and Natalie of Aquamarine bombarded us with emails mounting pressure, perhaps with the intention to extract some money out of us. Under this immense pressure and as a result of the constant bugging from Natalie of Aquamarine, we eventually decided for me to go ahead with the Scuba Diver course and for my boyfriend to dive on third day/ the last day of our trip.

I completed my pool training on the second day. There were two instructors teaching seven students. I found the instructors adequate, but the diving equipment was not fitted properly. Amongst other things, my head movement was restricted due to a short regulator which made it difficult to navigate in the water.

Later on that night we received more family news and had to organise early flights back home. We informed AquaMarine of the news and enquired about what type of refund we could receive for the portion of my course not yet completed. Originally when we were cancelling the entire trip, Aquamarine begged us not to cancel on the basis of me being able to complete my course if I could only finish it partially at any time on my return to Bali. Suddenly, this option was also not available as they had received full payment from me. This demonstrate how they were prepared to take undue advantage of the situation at hand.

AquaMarine were quite abrupt in their reply and stated they do not offer any type of refund or deferred completion of the course, as the costs i.e. payment of US$333 were not adequate to cover the staff’s time. This is obviously untrue, as common sense dictates, and considering the dive boat was fully booked, only minimal losses , if any, would be incurred by Aquamarine if one of seven students was unable to turn up. We tried amicably to sort this out, by accepting a forfeiture of 50%, but this was flatly rejected.

I essentially paid AquaMarine USD 333 for pool training (I paid PADI for the e-learning myself, which was another AUD 204) and the open water referral form. This is flagrantly overcharging and an insult to the profession i.e. to charge me for dives I did not do.

We will be taking proper recourse against AquaMarine diving including lodging a complaint with PADI for inquiry and removal of Aquamarine as a certified dive center. We would recommend others reading this review to choose many of the multiple other dive companies in Bali which have a proven track record.

Furthermore, my open water referral form was completed incorrectly and now I don’t know whether it will be accepted when I eventually complete my OW certificate.

Date of experience: March 2018
5  Thank SamanthaM4547
Reviewed 17 April 2018

I had the pleasure to dive a few times with AMD-B.

I was initially recommended to AMD-B by TimY while diving around Catalina Island (Los Angeles, USA) after a safe but potentially risky dive to USAT Liberty (Tulamben) while the area was still in the post-eruption exclusion zone :(

My first dives were in the Blue Lagoon area, which was very good, with an assortment of marine life, including my first sighting of Ghost fish. Cornelis was a great DM, very knowledgeable and good at finding stuff :)

By far the best dive of my life was Nusa Penida - Manta Point. Hovering at only 5-10m depth, it was absolutely surreal to (keeping a respectful distance) watch the mantas circle around, below and above us to visit the cleaning station. This was absolutely my favorite dive ever!!! Many thanks to Marta for being DM.

My third time diving with AMD-B was another trip to Blue Lagoon and Mimpang/Tepekong. However, this time I was accompanied by my non-diving partner, who came along for a Discover Scuba Diving day. Equipped with my GoPro, we headed off to explore the reef, then towards the end of the first dive, I was delighted to find Aan (DM) leading my partner through her very first dive. I was able to capture some video footage and to this day, my partner remains thrilled that she was able to do this and vows to dive more in the future.

Finally, I'd also like to thank the courteous and safety-conscious drivers at AMD-B. Traffic can be challenging on Bali, but unlike the suicide-squad driver at the other dive company, the AMD-B drivers navigated the roads and traffic expediently, but always with safety in mind.

Many thanks to Natalie, Cornelis, Marta, Aan and the rest of the amazing team at AMD-B, I will definitely dive with you again and strongly recommend you to anyone I know looking for dive trips around Bali.

Date of experience: December 2017

Dear Anthony n

Thank you for taking the time to write the below review of AquaMarine Diving - Bali.

I really am so pleased you had such a great time diving with us, appreciated your Dive Guides (you may be interested to know, they’re all PADI Instructors or above), and saw Bali’s traffic/driving for what it is/can be!

(Obviously thanks also go from AMD-B to TimY for recommending us to you :-) ).

I’m not in the office at the moment, sorry, but I’m guessing you saw an Ornate ghostpipefish at Blue Lagoon – they are indeed quite amazing-looking fish; did you that from larvae to maturity they are pelagic with transparent bodies, only taking on colour once they’ve settled onto a reef. The females are larger as they carry the eggs (unlike seahorses where it’s the male who has that role).

But the highlight of your trip was the Manta rays! To be honest – I’m not surprised as they can be truly amazing! We are so lucky in that we have a ‘high 90s” percent chance of seeing them every time we visit :-) I know you also visited Gili Selang – not a lot of dive companies offer trips there as it’s quite out of the way (as you know!).

Also great to hear your partner (C) so enjoyed her 1Day Introductory Adventure Diving Programme with Aan, and has promised to do more diving in the future. Coincidentally, Aan was the AMD-B Insturctor who taught my (then 11yo) nephew to dive. That’s on my mind at the moment because my nephew’s coming back in June, wants to do his Advanced OW Diver course and I’m trying to decide whether to assign a different instructor… Anyway, I digress!

We’d love to see the footage you shot while diving with us, so please Share it onto our FB Page :-)

Thanks for saying you will “strongly recommend AquaMarine to anyone you know looking for dive trips around Bali.” We very much look forward to also welcoming you back too, Anthony n.